Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Names conflict

Default Names conflict

There's one thing which is not clear: What will happen in case of names conflict when the Saga characters will be moved to Crom? Is it going to be managed like a server merge, or like all the characters will be simply moved?

And what about the guilds and guild cities that have been created on Saga?
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

I imagine it'll be like the time when they merged Crom with that US server, those who had the name first, kept it and the other guy had to pick another.

Quote Originally Posted by Jota180 View Post
    I imagine it'll be like the time when they merged Crom with that US server, those who had the name first, kept it and the other guy had to pick another.
    I think that server merge had much more complicated rules based on factors like last played time, subscription status, character age, etc.

For this transfer from Zath -> Crom, I imagine it is likely Funcom goes the easy route of transferring characters only, and forcing all Saga characters to rename if a conflict occurs.

I can pretty much guarantee you will be picking a new name should be there be a conflict.

Ideally there'd be a few checks so names of lvl 13 lowbies from 2008 that quit in tortage don't get to keep them but I highly doubt it will happen.

Would love to know if guilds will be carried over but again, sounds like only the characters will survive.
    EvitoQQ @ YouTube
    THE IVORY TOWER - QQ - Schlenkerla/Hersch

Yea, I agree that the most reasonable choice would be to just move the Saga characters, and have them renamed in case of conflict.

But as you all know, Funcom is quite famous for not always choosing the most reasonable solution, so I'd like to have something more official then our guesses.

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgmoth-VDN View Post
    Yea, I agree that the most reasonable choice would be to just move the Saga characters, and have them renamed in case of conflict.

But as you all know, Funcom is quite famous for not always choosing the most reasonable solution, so I'd like to have something more official then our guesses.
    They already said they will let rename the young toon/guild if in conflict in Crom exactly as happened with other merges
    Victory or Death

Quote Originally Posted by zujilin View Post
    They already said they will let rename the young toon/guild if in conflict in Crom exactly as happened with other merges
    Where? I looked in the Saga server announcement, but I found nothing. Can you please link your source?

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgmoth-VDN View Post
    Where? I looked in the Saga server announcement, but I found nothing. Can you please link your source?
    No link sources. Mussagana said it when was online day first of server launching.
    I have asked him what name will end on wall of glory for Killing ethram and He said name of saga character and not the main.
    So i asked him what happen if i Call my saga toon as main? He said me the saga toon will be renamed after merge as for all merges.
    Victory or Death

I wish Funcom could free up some character names on Crom and Fury, as I'm pretty sure many names are taken by characters inactive since '08-'09.

Quote Originally Posted by Moribund View Post
    I wish Funcom could free up some character names on Crom and Fury, as I'm pretty sure many names are taken by characters inactive since '08-'09.
    They did free up names on lower level characters that were unused, I don't remember when that happened. Maybe they could do it again.

I just used my Crom main bear name and figure I'll change it later. Picking out a new name is hard.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast