Thread: horrible texture quality after todays Windows upgrade

Exclamation horrible texture quality after todays Windows upgrade

after the huge Windows (Windows 10 Pro 64bit) upgrade to Version 1709, Build 16299.15 as of today, I noticed a very bad/low texture quality for all near-distance objects (such as my character!)
    - see here!

probably some SDK or whatever that I installed and was replaced/deleted by Microsoft...

could anyone tell me what to (re-)install to get the decent textures back, please!?

After the update, my game does not even open. It loads, but stays on whatever is on the display(web browser,desktop etc...).
    The only thing that pops up is my custom UI mouse cursor and the aoc music...I have to task manage to close the game to use my pc again.

Quote Originally Posted by Yorgomir View Post
    after the huge Windows (Windows 10 Pro 64bit) upgrade to Version 1709, Build 16299.15 as of today, I noticed a very bad/low texture quality for all near-distance objects (such as my character!)
    - see here!

probably some SDK or whatever that I installed and was replaced/deleted by Microsoft...

could anyone tell me what to (re-)install to get the decent textures back, please!?
    Have you already tried playing around with all graphics settings? Windowed mode, Fullscreen, Resolution, change Directx versions, etc?

Try updating your video drivers.

A friend of mine did the windows update, and when she started AoC, all she got was a little black box in the corner and the AoC cursor (similar to what Sloejinn described above). I suggested she update her video drivers, and the game worked normally after that.
    Last edited by conansjn; 16th January 2018 at 16:01.

all good again!

after today's update, the texture quality is back to normal again;
    - whether it was corrupted game data on my side or a known issue at Funcom that was fixed with that update I cannot tell... and as long as it works I cannot care less

tc and thx for the replies!
    Yorgo

Also, for what it's worth, that Fall Creators update has been rolling out to people for months now.