Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time for new Classes: The Warrior

Default Time for new Classes: The Warrior

Boring name maybe, but I was thinking of a Sword and Shield DPS class who also has a Javelin tree. So could use Sword and Shield plus Javelin ranged with either tree and spec into one to get more specialized use from the weapon.

I have been playing AoC since 2008 so I have a male and female version of about every class. A new Class or Classes would be like a new beginning for AoC for not too much work.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladesaint View Post
    Boring name maybe, but I was thinking of a Sword and Shield DPS class who also has a Javelin tree. So could use Sword and Shield plus Javelin ranged with either tree and spec into one to get more specialized use from the weapon.

I have been playing AoC since 2008 so I have a male and female version of about every class. A new Class or Classes would be like a new beginning for AoC for not too much work.
    Sounds like a guardian in frenzystance! Good idea!
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

I'd like to see priest of mitra able to use plate armor and do some melee damage: turn into a paladin

But Funcom doesn't put effort like that into game now

and what archetype does it belong to? imo you'd have to create a new archetype with three classes like the others but then it's going to mess up the raid which is often 24 people selected from 12 classes, two of each to make it even for loot. Introduce a 5th archetype and you now have 15 classes.

I don't see this happening.

I'd like to see a tos build that allows you to do electrically charged melee combos with a polearm kinda like how the dt combines magic and melee. That would be hot.

What we would like to see and what funcom actually gives us are two different things however. See Saga server post for more info.

@all: dream on...
    carpe noctem !!!

Would be better a new skill tree for all classes, for variety, but at the end everyone is using a kinda meta build to fulfill their role in the party, i'd love to see a Conq using polearms, a DT more focused on the caster aspect, a ranged sin, a melee ranger, etc, etc, etc....

But you better expect another game company to make something kinda similar to this mmo sooner than funcom doing anything about it...
    meh...

Even a few new AAs would be appreciated. These could add the abilities suggested to existing classes to give them some truly "alternate" abilities. That shouldn't be too much work for Funcom.

Quote Originally Posted by magnum92 View Post
    Sounds like a guardian in frenzystance! Good idea!
    Javelin is a short throwing Spear, not a Polearm. Typically a swordfighter carries 5 javelins. Roman units formalized the use as a specialized weapon called the Pilum and hurled 5-7 Pila from 50-70 meters before engaging in melee to devastating effect.

Yes, I know new Classes are just a dream, but would be cool to suddenly get a new Rogue, Mage, Soldier, Priest.

The amount of work involved makes it a non-starter. They'd be better served unchaining more dungeons and maybe lower tier raids. Just up the hit points of mobs and bosses and the damage they do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast