Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Another thread about choosing a class (Barb/Conq)

Quote Originally Posted by Nephturi View Post
    Because they're offtanks. Given equal player skill, gear and AAs, a conq cannot tank as well as a guard or DT.

Before the 1.04 update, DTs and conqs were limited to heavy armor, making them offtanks. Since 1.05 they can wear full plate, and the successive revamps and gears added to the game upgraded the DT to full (OP) tank status. The conq was given more resilience, but it's still not enough to bring it to the same level as the other soldiers.
    Conq is just as strong as DT and Guard maintanking. Its been so for very long now.
    Last edited by magnum92; 6th January 2018 at 18:27.
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

I'll have to disagree on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

Survivalwise its the best on some fights where the mechanics line up with the cds of the bubbles (like kylliki t5, vissy t5, honorguard t5, zelandra t6) but even without the bubbles its still capable of mting everything ingame without any issues at all. just cos its weaker innate survival it doesnt make it an offtank. The aggro is awesome, its like a mix between dt and guard strenths but abit less of em. Both strong initial-burst-aggro and at the same time high aggro over time since you push 1300dps in brutespecc with t6gear.

If you doubt conq survivability, check this ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GedHZ5rnKM)
    Last edited by magnum92; 6th January 2018 at 21:05.

[Youtube Channel]

And that conq is nearly if not fully T6 geared, when a DT or a guard can do the same thing with T4 gear, cf my previous message.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

And that conq is nearly if not fully T6 geared, when a DT or a guard can do the same thing with T4 gear, cf my previous message.
    Contact me ingame on your T4 DT and we can see if you can survive 10x last phase with 1 healer hehe. I dont know what guild you have been playing in, but it seems you havent seen the potential of a good conq anyway, useless discussion, all the tanks have their fights where they shine, there is no maintank or offtank.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnXNKX-J6fM another video, this conq survived this challange easier then I did it on my T6 guardian eventho me and lurvi executed it better. ez game ez conq lajf
    Last edited by magnum92; 6th January 2018 at 21:43.

[Youtube Channel]

Conq can, will and does MT everything in the game, it's simply not a matter of opinion it is a matter of fact. It is quite capable of MTing everything in T4 gear as well. If you haven't seen it perhaps either your Conqs are not that great or your raid leaders have a misconception about the Conq and haven't allowed them the opportunities.

As to the question at hand if you want to DPS I would pick Barbarian as it is a more interest style of play than DPS Conq. DPS Conq probably does more damage up until runes and set bonuses but is heartbreakingly boring - you'll just use three combos and sure the damage is pretty but there is simply no satisfaction long term. A good Barbarian is a fun thing to play alongside as you know they have to be good to be up to par.

Barbs have a versatility about them which always keeps them fresh, reaver is the way to go on a fresh 80, but with good gear both reaver and zerker are viable specs to use (both can do similar DPS, and both have their own advantages). Eventually, once you get the T5 rune your spec/rotation changes dramatically again, and with that there's a few specs which are capable of similar results.

Taken as a whole, conq is the most versatile class in the game, but if you're only factoring in the DPS side, it's the least versatile class in the game, you get one spec/rotation and you'll use it forever, and it plays like a simplified reaver barb (which is simple enough as it is) with less AOE power and minimal negative hate so you'll pull aggro constantly. Beyond that, the other problem is there's limited gear progression, when you hit 80. If sticking with heavy armor, Khitai tigers gear mixed with T4 heavy gear and T4 weapons is the gear ceiling (that's mid-tier stuff and there's no further gear for DPS conqs, unless you go for barb gear from T6, which naturally goes to barbs first).

What Boesch said; it's not a matter of opinion it's matter of fact, and it's all been done in T4 gear (including the T6 raid).
    Last edited by Evito; 7th January 2018 at 09:51.
    EvitoQQ @ YouTube
    THE IVORY TOWER - QQ - Schlenkerla/Hersch

I havent played for a looong time but from what I remember, under a certain level of gear, Conq is not on par with other tanks. Some fights are better suited for him than others (if he can pull agro...)

I am sorry because I dont remember exactly but I'd say that before T4/kithai gear tanking feels a bit harder than on other classes.

As for Barbarian, there is not much to say. Go for it if you want a melee dps. It's way easier than assassin and somme abilities are very useful.

Quote Originally Posted by magnum92 View Post
    Survivalwise its the best on some fights where the mechanics line up with the cds of the bubbles (like kylliki t5, vissy t5, honorguard t5, zelandra t6) but even without the bubbles its still capable of mting everything ingame without any issues at all. just cos its weaker innate survival it doesnt make it an offtank. The aggro is awesome, its like a mix between dt and guard strenths but abit less of em. Both strong initial-burst-aggro and at the same time high aggro over time since you push 1300dps in brutespecc with t6gear.

If you doubt conq survivability, check this ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GedHZ5rnKM)

2nd phase took 75 seconds. With two bubbles and bewilder you can knock almost one quarter off that for the time spent taking damage if you're communicating with the bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Jota180 View Post
    2nd phase took 75 seconds. With two bubbles and bewilder you can knock almost one quarter off that for the time spent taking damage if you're communicating with the bear.
    And your point is ?Isn't that the same for any tank ?
    Sinqq - Elitist QQer

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast