Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Saga server !

It's a shame we don't have yellow gremlins anymore to give rather accurate census of the active player base.
    As this is mostly disucssion on how it feels. I don't remember Ishtar ever being more populated than stygia though but i stop playing a few months before the merge. But you're right it didn't merge into stygia.

Anyway given how for several years, you had to raid to get the best weapons in the game or gear ... to PvP. That trend doesn't seem abnormal. I'd be particurlarly interested in the stats six months to a year after khitai.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Mussagana

Last Activity: 2nd January 2018 23:44

Mussagana?? Hello? where are ya ? ? ?
    We will be Serious after death.

Quote Originally Posted by DrenRawr View Post
    The main problem with the game (and the dying fan base) is that AoC is a FANTASTIC PVE game. It is extremely good. However, Funcom...and the more vocal community try to make the main focus PvP.
    Even when the game was at it's height of popularity, PvP minigames and Sieges were rare and so few between. Open world PvP was one offs and occasional.

As much as people wanted it to be a great PvP game..90% of the development and content was for PvE. They needed to forget about PvP all together, and go full PvE with it and really push that fact.
    I know lots of people in the vocal community and forums will hard fight me on this..but I propose the game would be much more active today if the focus was on PvE.
    There's no clear lines to draw there, the game was most popular at launch (like every other game) when it was marketed as a PvP game and it never reached even half those heights again, and that can't be argued with. The mass exodus was due to being unfinished, lacking content, was plagued with bugs which applied to both PvE and PvP, PvE got fixed, PvP they never had a clue and generally never did things that PvPers wanted, and even still it was a good PvP game.

90% of the content developed should've been for PvE since it requires it, PvP just needed to be managed properly (which it never was), the 2 could've worked fine together. They stopped giving us reasonably regular PvE content in 2012, they stopped giving any (half respectable) content in 2015, and the PvE playerbase has shrunk accordingly. Basically the same thing happened to PvP many years ago.
    EvitoQQ @ YouTube
    THE IVORY TOWER - QQ - Schlenkerla/Hersch

Quote Originally Posted by DrenRawr View Post
    The main problem with the game (and the dying fan base) is that AoC is a FANTASTIC PVE game. It is extremely good. However, Funcom...and the more vocal community try to make the main focus PvP.
    Even when the game was at it's height of popularity, PvP minigames and Sieges were rare and so few between. Open world PvP was one offs and occasional.

As much as people wanted it to be a great PvP game..90% of the development and content was for PvE. They needed to forget about PvP all together, and go full PvE with it and really push that fact.
    I know lots of people in the vocal community and forums will hard fight me on this..but I propose the game would be much more active today if the focus was on PvE.
    and those sieges and minigames saw virtually no changes since release! you can argue they made minigames worse. still, people are here wanting and returning to PvP, that says something about the fantasticness here too.

maybe you're right, they should have made sieges pug aswell. maybe more players would have understood to quit and make it a pure PvE game.

nah but in all seriousness, I agree with evitoo and chaman-bourru. there are no clear lines and there is a possible synergy effect evolving both sides, I know for sure that catered to me. PvP doesn't require "content" and in theory does not involve as much development time if they just made the core systems stronger. the little new PvP content they added was not polished enough to retain more players (a duel arena without leaderboards and insane wait time...)

anyways I hope the new team can do something the other couldn't! good luck!
    Last edited by Lurvi; 7th January 2018 at 12:35.

Characters will be transferred to Crom.

This means it will be a pve server?
    Cropt - Conq : Drighten - DT : Raquelx - Necro : Shockubad - Tos
    Stabubad - Sin : Fatpom - Pom : Isoldethora - Rangernoez
    Burnthecross - Hox : Ragnarvor - Barb

Quote Originally Posted by Cropt View Post

Makes sense to me.
    We will be Serious after death.

Quote Originally Posted by Cropt View Post

It's very simple: The Crom server is the most popular because it's a PvE server and I'm going to want to migrate my new character there. I do not know if you can turn punching bag on server Fury after the event, but do not be afraid to ask. The suggestion I tell developers is to give players permission to choose which server they want to play on after creating the character during the event.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorGreen View Post
    It's very simple: The Crom server is the most popular because it's a PvE server and I'm going to want to migrate my new character there. I do not know if you can turn punching bag on server Fury after the event, but do not be afraid to ask. The suggestion I tell developers is to give players permission to choose which server they want to play on after creating the character during the event.
    I'm thinking a quest line type PvE server too.

That's a very good suggestion Doc, hopefully not that much of a programming problem as the feature already exists from the creation screen. Toss a bone to the Pvp'ers and let them go to Fury if they want. Fury might pick up some new blood since leveling in a PvE environment has to be easier than doing it while everyone is trying to kill you!

I just saw this in the item shop.

https://i.imgur.com/ecxrafM.png

Next week ? And still no announcement ? FC at its best
    Kaleeh PoM - Resolved Guard - Reducia Sin

Quote Originally Posted by redpooo View Post
    I just saw this in the item shop.

https://i.imgur.com/ecxrafM.png

Next week ? And still no announcement ? FC at its best
    Saga server information will be available for only 650 Funcom Points in the Item Shop!