Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Saga server !

Something that just came to me; IF this server will be a work up to the Conan Exiles official launch as has been suggested; could the story line be one that set's the stage for WHY you get exiled? I mean how cool would that be? Getting to do darker stuff that p***es off the official's so bad you get the boot?

I will join the guessing round.

My guess : At saga server you start as a noob in tortage Island. You get a checklist of achievements to fulfill, like those purist runs, or killing the grim Grey God.
    For each achievement you get a reward like a pet, vanity stuff, fluff, or another legendary accessory or even maybe some rune
    Then the server closes when the anniversary ends
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

I really want to know if its gonna be PVP or not. If there is something to WAIT FOR or not.

The strawman Raidfinder mob would probably get smashed by even one of the worse pvp players, so I suppose that would be counterproductive to this undertaking
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

if they are gonna spend any effort in altering the game somehow for this server, it should be something they can apply to the main servers after.

do like diablo3/wow, give scaling difficulty to instances so we can start making use of the ridiculous gear aquired lately.

make the PvP on Saga server limited to lowbie minigames only and disable all PvP zones. or see if it's possible to do the infamous PvP and PvE instance selector for the server?
    Last edited by Lurvi; 5th January 2018 at 20:58.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    or see if it's possible to do the infamous PvP and PvE instance selector for the server?
    That would be infinite awesome! Too bad we both know it really wont happen..

My two rough cents:
    If you are targetting old players to return, one thing you should ensure is that they have a good time on the game and that once the server is closed, they have a competitive character to play with. In other words: don't make it a grind fest.
    It's especially true for PvP, but also for PvE. I'm not sure returning players will be thrilled at the idea of having to grind like crazy the same instances they probably know to get a run in the more challenging ones they have yet to encounter.

PvP Suggestion:
    • Disable most teleports even through itemshop
    • Grant every level 80 T2 PvP gear and a sufficient amount of AA to get All the primordial stuff. (I'm really thinking a **** load more than the 80points you're supposed to get).
    • Add objectives far from rezpads to take and protect
    • Reward players fighting against the odds. Currently dominating is the way to go. It's fun for a couple of days but then it becomes utterly boring.
    • Add a guild ranking system based on it's domination in PvP events, their numbers, their average K/D ration, their number of kills, etc.
    • Add guild objectives. Such as: make 300kills on guild X that is dominating. Or contest an objective held by a stronger guild for X amount of time.
    • Rank players based on K/D, W/L ratios, Classe, Level, etc. and add quests rewarding killing a better ranked player.
    • Make death count near rezpads in open world but not kills (?)
    • Lots more....

Mini-Games
    • Change the rez system so fighting two meters from the rezpad isn't possible.
      Several options to do that. Add a buff to the FC making him déactivate his rezpad for his team mates if he's too close to it (might be good to combine that with activating a secondary pad further away). Or make the flag dropping X meters from your rezpad return instantly to it's original place.
    • Change the end of game pannel. Have it show different objectives such as: Preventing other team of winning under 5/10 minuts. Scoring while losing on kills or killing ennemi FC x times. Graphics showing the evolution of the fight kill wise and when the flags where scored. You could also imagine having an estimation of your win chances made based on the W/L ratios (pondered by amount played). Say 6 out 6 on one side lose more minis than they win, they should be rewarded if the team they are facing has a positive ratio.

PvE:
    Don't make it a grind fest. I don't want to do Acheronian Ruins 50 times to gear up for PvP. I don't want to fight people who did that either.
    Last edited by Chaman-bourru; 6th January 2018 at 15:50.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Chaman-bourru View Post
    My two rough cents:
    If you are targetting old players to return, one thing you should ensure is that they have a good time on the game and that once the server is closed, they have a competitive character to play with. In other words: don't make it a grind fest.
    It's especially true for PvP, but also for PvE. I'm not sure returning players will be thrilled at the idea of having to grind like crazy the same instances they probably know to get a run in the more challenging ones they have yet to encounter.

PvP Suggestion:
    • Disable most teleports even through itemshop
    • Grant every level 80 T2 PvP gear and a sufficient amount of AA to get All the primordial stuff. (I'm really thinking a **** load more than the 80points you're supposed to get).
    • Add objectives far from rezpads to take and protect
    • Reward players fighting against the odds. Currently dominating is the way to go. It's fun for a couple of days but then it becomes utterly boring.
    • Add a guild ranking system based on it's domination in PvP events, their numbers, their average K/D ration, their number of kills, etc.
    • Add guild objectives. Such as: make 300kills on guild X that is dominating. Or contest an objective held by a stronger guild for X amount of time.
    • Rank players based on K/D, W/L ratios, Classe, Level, etc. and add quests rewarding killing a better ranked player.
    • Make death count near rezpads in open world but not kills (?)
    • Lots more....

Mini-Games
    • Change the rez system so fighting two meters from the rezpad isn't possible.
      Several options to do that. Add a buff to the FC making him déactivate his rezpad for his team mates if he's too close to it (might be good to combine that with activating a secondary pad further away). Or make the flag dropping X meters from your rezpad return instantly to it's original place.
    • Change the end of game pannel. Have it show different objectives such as: Preventing other team of winning under 5/10 minuts. Scoring while losing on kills or killing ennemi FC x times. Graphics showing the evolution of the fight kill wise and when the flags where scored. You could also imagine having an estimation of your win chances made based on the W/L ratios (pondered by amount played). Say 6 out 6 on one side lose more minis than they win, they should be rewarded if the team they are facing has a positive ratio.

PvE:
    Don't make it a grind fest. I don't want to do Acheronian Ruins 50 times to gear up for PvP. I don't want to fight people who did that either.
    The main problem with the game (and the dying fan base) is that AoC is a FANTASTIC PVE game. It is extremely good. However, Funcom...and the more vocal community try to make the main focus PvP.
    Even when the game was at it's height of popularity, PvP minigames and Sieges were rare and so few between. Open world PvP was one offs and occasional.

As much as people wanted it to be a great PvP game..90% of the development and content was for PvE. They needed to forget about PvP all together, and go full PvE with it and really push that fact.
    I know lots of people in the vocal community and forums will hard fight me on this..but I propose the game would be much more active today if the focus was on PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by DrenRawr View Post
    The main problem with the game (and the dying fan base) is that AoC is a FANTASTIC PVE game. It is extremely good. However, Funcom...and the more vocal community try to make the main focus PvP.
    Even when the game was at it's height of popularity, PvP minigames and Sieges were rare and so few between. Open world PvP was one offs and occasional.

As much as people wanted it to be a great PvP game..90% of the development and content was for PvE. They needed to forget about PvP all together, and go full PvE with it and really push that fact.
    I know lots of people in the vocal community and forums will hard fight me on this..but I propose the game would be much more active today if the focus was on PvE.
    Looking at the archives, in France we had 3 PvP servers for 1 PvE server. In Germany it was 3/3, in Spain just 1PvE and in EU 7 PvE and 6 PvP.
    In France, correct me if i'm wrong but when merge time came, the PvE server got merged with PvP. In Germany they merged with Mitra (PvE). I'm assuming the server that survived was the most played one.
    No idea about the US servers.

My point being, if you look only at numbers of the never ending agony of AoC i'm not sure you can draw such a clear ligne between PvE and PvP. Because despite the long lasting focus of the Devs on PvE, the poulation inbalance was never that significant and the decrease rate doesn't seem radically slower on Crom than on Fury.
    I'll have to disagree with you on open-world and minis. Sieges i agree but the main reason for that failure is just that the system wasn't great and it was unplayble for anyone with a slow PC.

Now i don't think PvE and PvP are incompatible. They require different things. PvE requires content. PvP requires systems.
    Of course i'm more of a PvPer, you might have guessed, so my suggestions are in the event of a Saga server being PvP friendly. If you ask me, AoC is a FANTASTIC PvP game and they shouldn't have bothered with PvE, so few actually managed to go through T3.5 and T4 And nowdays T5 and T6 apparently. They should have focused on PvP and added more systems to make the combat system shine.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Chaman-bourru View Post
    Looking at the archives, in France we had 3 PvP servers for 1 PvE server. [...]
    In France, correct me if i'm wrong but when merge time came, the PvE server got merged with PvP.
    Nope. No French pve server was ever merged into a pvp server.

Ishtar: PVE
    Ferox: PVP
    Stryx: PVP
    Stygia: RP-pvp

Stryx was merged into Ferox in January 2009. It was a ghost server for several months before that. Ferox was merged into Stygia in January 2010. It was a ghost server since nearly the previous merge, when most of the Ferox and Stryx players rolled new chars on Stygia. And during the free transfer period, a huge chunk of the Stygia population moved to Aquilonia, Hyrkania, Crom and Ishtar. Ishtar then became the more populated French server, when Stygia had that title previously.

Early 2011, most of the RP community on Stygia was gone, leaving the server nearly dead. In June of the same year, Ishtar was merged into Crom (the server was still healthy, we lost some players over that sadly) and Stygia (along with Aquilonia) was merged into Fury, pushing the last roleplayers to move over to Crom.

And you can see the same trend for all languages on the EU servers (I didn't follow the US servers back then.) Except for Fury, the only servers with a pvp setting to do well were the RP servers, as long as the RP community could play without too much abuse. The PVP servers went down fast every time, while the PVE and RP servers were lively.

And it's the same now, and has been since the last merge. Fury is mostly dead with small peaks of activity from time to time, while Crom is still strong, even if declining.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast