Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Saga server !

Quote Originally Posted by Roddam View Post
    My thoughts on this server:

Some players from Crom will go there and eventually com back to Crom (where the Saga Char is copied)
    Some players from Fury will go there and decrease the population of Fury to a point where there are no mini's going.
    A few players will return who have stopped plying, but they will leave again.

The net result - A small drop in Crom Population somewhat balanced out by Fury and Saga players being added. Fury dies. Saga is considered a success by Funcom and a failure by players.
    Sounds interesting. But without any details this is simply a hype train. If Funcom's track record are anything to go off I believe Roddams quote will be right on the money.
    Last edited by McFiend; 29th December 2017 at 20:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Mussagana View Post
    Rewards from the Saga server will be carried over to Crom for the event character, and you'll be able to choose another character on the account to get the rewards as well. So even if it's a throwaway character, there's still benefits to be had for your main.

we are a group of about ten former French players
    we are really pleased with the announcement of the new server
    Funcom did an amazing job on this game
    even if we would have preferred an age of conan 2

Quote Originally Posted by Mussagana View Post
    Glad you guys are excited! I've been impatiently waiting to say something for a while now.
    Any ETA on when we'll be given some information?

Back in the days there was around 50+ pages about not important stuff on forum. Now as I can see the thread is dead after 10 pages but hey, guess why... my questions are: are you guys going to advertise it via e-mails, steam, anywhere or is it just aimed at crom/fury players? Don't you bother anymore to bring a fresh blood into game? No offense, am just curious about it. And another one, it's this "new" server gonna happen just once or we can have it every now and then? I mean, don't you have any tools to tweak server "seasonally" and give people new challanges, types of ways to play?
    We will be Serious after death.

Default Saga server backlash

Thank you for trying to improve the situation in Age of Conan. We appreciate it!

I'm afraid that Saga server will divide the few active players resulting in having trouble to find someone to play with on the live server.

I feel that at this stage of the game you should try to increase the activity on the live server. Give reason to new and old players to do more of the given content, appart Raid Finder. You have plenty of great 6men dungeons ready but most of them give weak rewards for the effort. In result most players choose to farm RF instead refusing to join groups and ofcourse they get bored after a while.

Giving attractive rewards in the available dungeons is a good, cheap idea to increase the player activity. Unchained and Khitai HMs could give Simple Relics of different tiers and have a chance to drop Atlantean Shards! Also add some more items to buy with those. Give us more reasons to play with other people but keep us all on the same server.
    "A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs." Robert E. Howard

Skullcrash - Conqueror

Yet more bad ideas from FC!! This game needs real material.Some ideas:
    1) Merge Fury and Crom. Allow for a PvP enabled button upon entering an instance
    2) Introduce a 12man raid and a new instance for the reamaining gems
    3) Apply specific gear set buffs like t6 has
    4) Finally do something for people using 3rd party programmes and bugs in minigames

Quote Originally Posted by Vasylyos View Post
    1) Merge Fury and Crom. Allow for a PvP enabled button upon entering an instance
    2) Introduce a 12man raid and a new instance for the reamaining gems
    3) Apply specific gear set buffs like t6 has
    4) Finally do something for people using 3rd party programmes and bugs in minigames
    Can cheat for multiple years = no ban, say the word "Cu*t" get banned in less than 15 minutes. GG
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by Vasylyos View Post
    The only thing they can do is update the EULA, giving GMS more freedom to punish people with less evidence.

People often say this game needs anticheat. What they dont seem to understand is that anticheat is a neverending development. If FC would release a anticheat that would catch all cheats that are known in aoc today, the developer of those cheats would have found a bypass, and update the cheat tomorrow. Anticheats is expensive, and its not a product you buy or develop once, its a service. Ofc they would NEVER prioritize to give aoc that.
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

Default Important Point for the GMs

Hey guys im super hyped for the new server .but please if gm can confirm that becasue its important

first is the server gone be PVP ?
    secound is Shop and boost to lvl80 will be allowed in the new server ?

im hope you dont allowed shop in the new server to make it fun and we can lvl up from the start

Quote Originally Posted by Firedeadly View Post
    Hey guys im super hyped for the new server .but please if gm can confirm that becasue its important

first is the server gone be PVP ?
    secound is Shop and boost to lvl80 will be allowed in the new server ?

im hope you dont allowed shop in the new server to make it fun and we can lvl up from the start
    I don't see why it would be a Pvp set up; less people PvP than PvE and once the server closes they'll move the characters you made over to Crom.

I second turning off the store. Let us start at lvl 1 and work up according.

Will it suck some away from the current servers? Sure, but it may also bring people back that have had little reason playing the same stuff over and over on Crom and get them back into the game.

One BIG suggestion: ADVERTISE!!!!! the new server; everywhere you can.

I'm hoping from the name; Saga server, that it'll be something quest-wise like the Destiny quests. I've always thought one of AoC's strength's was the quests write up's, sure some are standard, but when they let go and really DO the quests, they're great.
    Last edited by Nebless; 4th January 2018 at 17:37.

Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast