Thread: Quest database?

Default Quest database?

I love questing in this game and I'm a bit OCD about completing them all (pls don't judge ).
    Anyways, the problem I have is that if your level is too high, the NPC won't have a question mark above his head anymore and they are easy to miss.
    I tried the DoomDealer database but it's been discontinued since 2008 and I imagine it has a lot of quests missing. I know there are guides for quest achievements, but in order to get these achievements you only need some of them and not all.

Is there some kind of custom UI that highlights quests you haven't done yet even if your level is too high? I know strange UI shows all kind of additional info on map but unfortunately, not low level quests.
    Or maybe some kind of database I still don't know about?

Thanks.

You can look at AoCWiki.
    Last edited by Yawgmoth-VDN; 2nd November 2017 at 13:35.
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgmoth-VDN View Post
    You can look at AoCWiki.
    Thank you, but it appears to be far from complete either

My friend, I appreciate your passion for the quest and the plot of the game, among other things some (not all) plots of secondary quest have amazing and beautiful plots for their mature themes.
    Unfortunately for you, the only thing you can do and ground on achievements and occasionally try to talk to some NPCs hoping it will give you some quests. There arent more complete databases.
    The solution would be simple, and it would leave the ! on the NPC head maybe of a different color (green) to indicate that it has a quest but is lower than yours.
    I had proposed this solution to funcom in the Suggestion Thread but Funcom does not listened me!
    Victory or Death

People have been asking for the markers to remain visible for many many years. It has never and will never happen. And as you have seen, no quest databases have been maintained out of game.

That's a shame. And it's not like it would take much effort to implement that feature. Well, I guess the only thing to do is just be extra careful with npcs.

Quote Originally Posted by xpeh-bam View Post
    That's a shame. And it's not like it would take much effort to implement that feature. Well, I guess the only thing to do is just be extra careful with npcs.
    it's not too hard but even so simple as you think and it is not feature on NPC. NPC have ever the quest, the code in the game that involve the visibility of one quest (the !) is about the players. If one player ratisfied requirements of about one quest, see the ! no otherwise.
    It's about adding code to the very old source of aoc (the core, not the expansions).
    Victory or Death

Exclamation The ! for irony

Quote Originally Posted by xpeh-bam View Post
    I love questing in this game and I'm a bit OCD about completing them all (pls don't judge ).
    Anyways, the problem I have is that if your level is too high, the NPC won't have a question mark above his head anymore and they are easy to miss.
    ... I know there are guides for quest achievements, but in order to get these achievements you only need some of them and not all.

Is there some kind of custom UI that highlights quests you haven't done yet even if your level is too high?
    I wish they'd implement this function (or that someone would incorporate it into Stonerune UI, lol) because I love completing as many quests as possible. There aren't just NPCs but clickable items that give you quests too (i.e., skeletons, notes, tapestries) so it's not as simple as running around and talking to every NPC you can find either! Not that that's simple in of itself, :-P. I once started scripts for quests and I could continue doing them but that would take forever to complete too. From what I know, there are over 800 quests in the game. I was so disappointed that the Achievements didn't include *all* quests when I came back from my 3 year break and took a look at what they were about, .
    ~*~ A real life Bear Shaman ~*~
    ~*~ ,,,>^O.O^<,,, Cimmerian women have claws like cats! ,,,>^O.O^<,,, ~*~

I would love to have this "!". And I am a completionist, so I tried to finish every quest I could possibly find. I know of some that I still didn't finish, and you will get different amounts of quests depending on the toons profession (armoursmith having many quests etc.)

I did some counting. On my main I have 1538 completed quests, 24 open (14 of them are repetable quests which I already did at leats once).

For me it would be really interesting to know which I am still missing. I only have a list of the old world in german, but I am actually not up for creating a full list. It would have to contain at least quest name and giver...too much work for only a handfull of crazy questchasers.