Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How's your new processor doing in this game?L

Default How's your new processor doing in this game?L

Have you upgraded or have a fairly fast cpu/system? Share your Spec/FPS/General performance. I'm interested to hear what people are getting after ryzen's been released.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathieulombardi View Post
    Have you upgraded or have a fairly fast cpu/system? Share your Spec/FPS/General performance. I'm interested to hear what people are getting after ryzen's been released.
    Anyone knows how many CPU-cores conan can utilize? Afaik Ryzens selling usp is more processor cores, but that gives you less clock per core. If conan cant utilize many of them at the same time, then it seems ryzen is not a hit for aoc.
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

Quote Originally Posted by magnum92 View Post
    Anyone knows how many CPU-cores conan can utilize? Afaik Ryzens selling usp is more processor cores, but that gives you less clock per core. If conan cant utilize many of them at the same time, then it seems ryzen is not a hit for aoc.
    Conan is pretty much just single threaded.

So the new I7-8700k would be the way to go for this game:
    https://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html
    Last edited by tapwater; 5th October 2017 at 19:20.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathieulombardi View Post
    I run a i7 7700k with gfx 1080 ti and 500gb m.2. Harddisk (16 gb ram). Aoc runs extremely smooth.

From above link it seems your 7700 would be a great option for me if i I find it on sale. ATM there's only 20-30 dollar difference between the step above. It was a great choice by you.

Intel is the only way if you want the best performance in games because of their more powerful single core performance. Ryzen is fairly competetive in other games which can utilize more cores but for gaming in general a stronger cpu with less core is generally a better choice as of today. It will change as newer games will benefit more from the core count.

If you are on a budget and can't afford a 7700k you can aim for the new i3 8350k which is a quad core 4.0ghz(can easily be overclocked to 4.9ghz). The 8350k is the choice if you want fps to a low cost as it's roughly half the price of a 7700k and the difference in fps is probably less than 5-10% in games BUT in other more heavy workloads the 7700k will outperform it by roughly 30%, it all depends what you will do with the computer but I would recommend the 8350k(it's basically a i5 7600k).
    Last edited by Fass; 6th October 2017 at 11:22.
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

Last edited by Vyky; 7th October 2017 at 05:46.
    Vykthor (Barb) - Vykthorya (Demo) - Vyko (Guard) - Vyky (Pom)

"No Fear! No Limits! No Equal!" / SENNA /

Anyone can tell me is it possible to use two M2 slots in Raid0?
    Last edited by Vyky; 7th October 2017 at 06:48.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyky View Post
    Anyone can tell me is it possible to use two M2 slots in Raid0?
    https://rog.asus.com/articles/guides...-motherboards/

google is your friend
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

Quote Originally Posted by magnum92 View Post
    So it is possible.
    Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast