Thread: Can't launch the game

Unhappy Can't launch the game (still not solved)

Hi! I haven't been able to play recently due to not being able to launch the game.
    I can run the patcher and everything seems normal but then when I press the launch button, two boxes appear, one saying: Can not find the file C:\Program Files (x86)\Age of Conan.exe. Make sure you have provided the right name and try again. (It's in swedish and my translation may be a bit off). The second box is in English and says: Missing File 'Local Config.xml' in the client's Installation folder. <br> Contact Funcom Customer Service. Error code 150.
    I have already tried removing all versions of the game and reinstalling it. I have also tried replacing the Local Config as well as downloading the game on steam but nothing seems to work.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Chriscause; 7th September 2017 at 15:18.
    Beep boop.

Quote Originally Posted by Chriscause View Post
    Hi! I haven't been able to play recently due to not being able to launch the game.
    I can run the patcher and everything seems normal but then when I press the launch button, two boxes appear, one saying: Can not find the file C:\Program Files (x86)\Age of Conan.exe. Make sure you have provided the right name and try again. (It's in swedish and my translation may be a bit off). The second box is in English and says: Missing File 'Local Config.xml' in the client's Installation folder. <br> Contact Funcom Customer Service. Error code 150.
    I have already tried removing all versions of the game and reinstalling it. I have also tried replacing the Local Config as well as downloading the game on steam but nothing seems to work.
    Thanks!
    Did you verify the error message? ( is he correct to say: C:\Program Files (x86)\Age of Conan.exe doesnt contain this file? It looks strange to me to have the .exe file directly in the program files folder.

Quote Originally Posted by -Deukalion- View Post
    Did you verify the error message? ( is he correct to say: C:\Program Files (x86)\Age of Conan.exe doesnt contain this file? It looks strange to me to have the .exe file directly in the program files folder.
    Now how do i verify the error message?
    My bad, it says C:\Program Files (x86)\Age of Conan\AgeOfConan.exe.
    Beep boop.

I've been playing off and on for awhile now. I want to start playing again. But I'm having this problem, too. In my case, I can't even launch the game from the desktop shortcut or the AgeofConan_DX10.exe directly. Each time it tells me it's an incorrect file. Then it says something about LocalConfig.xml. I looked and all the files are there. I play on Steam, so the path is C:\Program Files (x85)\Steam\steamapps\common\Age of Conan\Age of ConanDX10.exe". Both files are there, but are not recognized. Also LocalConfig.xml is there, but not recognized either.
    Last edited by pivesrublee; 11th October 2017 at 01:16.