Thread: Ranger Bug?

Question Ranger Bug?

I just started noticing that the upper attack bonus isn't always applying.

I'll use both an upper & lower attack and then use Penetrating Shot, but every once in a while, the cooldown stays at 15 seconds, it won't get lowered like the upper attack bonus is supposed to do.

Anyone else seeing this? Is it a new thing, or has it been around for a while and I just never noticed?

Quote Originally Posted by conansjn View Post
    I just started noticing that the upper attack bonus isn't always applying.

I'll use both an upper & lower attack and then use Penetrating Shot, but every once in a while, the cooldown stays at 15 seconds, it won't get lowered like the upper attack bonus is supposed to do.

Anyone else seeing this? Is it a new thing, or has it been around for a while and I just never noticed?
    Try checking a couple of feats? There are 2 feats that have a small chance to renew the opposite attack when using either.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    Try checking a couple of feats? There are 2 feats that have a small chance to renew the opposite attack when using either.
    No, that's not it. I don't use either of those feats. However, reading those feats, they give a chance to add the opposite attack bonus with the one you did use. I.E., if you use a lower, it adds the upper bonus to it; or if you use the upper, it adds the lower to it. That should not remove either buff.

this is something that happened very often immediately after revamp, and it took a few months to fix. however, after that, i never noticed it anymore.
    maybe the reason why you have this issue is that you push the attacks and then the combo button too fast, and it skips one of them.

by the way, every time you do up or low attack, it refreshes the buffs. adaptability and double attack feats give a chance to gain both buffs with just one hit, but the chance is so small that those feats are useless.
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgmoth-VDN View Post
    maybe the reason why you have this issue is that you push the attacks and then the combo button too fast, and it skips one of them.
    Nope, that's not it, either. I watched my buff bar to verify, and both upper & lower will show up before I hit the combo.

Quote Originally Posted by conansjn View Post
    Nope, that's not it, either. I watched my buff bar to verify, and both upper & lower will show up before I hit the combo.
    so, you're sure that you have the buff, but still the combo goes in cooldown for 15 seconds?

if that's the case, it's not the original bug, because in that case the buff didn't appear, but it's something different.
    however, i've never noticed anything like that, so i have no idea of what could be the reason, or how to help.
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgmoth-VDN View Post
    so, you're sure that you have the buff, but still the combo goes in cooldown for 15 seconds?
    Yes.