Thread: New char help

Default New char help

So I wanna make a new char. I returned playing from 2 years ago. I have a bs and a barb. Im a bit tired of melee builds. I doubt between a dt and a demo.

What class is easier to learn, less difficult to master?And less difficult regarding armor cause I dont wanna be forced to grind t4 or t5.

I guess demo is the best choice? Are pets forced? cause i dont like pets. Dt seems cool. Is difficult to master? Mainly for solo and raids.
    Atmoran - Barbarian
    "I'm descendant of Ysgramor.I came from the ancient lands of Atmora."

With the right AAs a Demo can be played with like 7 buttons (5 instant spells, Wave of Flames and Shockstrike, buffs not counted) so yeah, a demo is the best choice for an easy character. You don't need T4 or T5 for any character, so you are not forced to grind this gear but don't expect to get spots in T6 raids or T5 raids if you got blue / epic khitai gear.

As a demo you need to use your pet but you don't have to do anything with it, you can only command it to attack or not attack anyways, thats it. Other than that it gives you buffs and does some DPS itself.

The only moment where you need to have some attention is when spellweaving: if you deactivate it too late you can die really quick... but that's the only real threat as a mage since all you do is just (hopefully) high DPS.
    Last edited by xCodename; 22nd August 2017 at 23:28.

Quote Originally Posted by Meleagro View Post
    So I wanna make a new char. I returned playing from 2 years ago. I have a bs and a barb. Im a bit tired of melee builds. I doubt between a dt and a demo.

What class is easier to learn, less difficult to master?And less difficult regarding armor cause I dont wanna be forced to grind t4 or t5.

I guess demo is the best choice? Are pets forced? cause i dont like pets. Dt seems cool. Is difficult to master? Mainly for solo and raids.
    Demo is really easy and friendly class, my main is a barbarian and i spend most of my time with him, but i have a demo too for one reason, when you see me around with demo you know ... ok Zujilin this evening want to slake. Its really easy and relaxing class!
    Victory or Death

so, since lately you've always brought demo to our raids, you won't mind if i start to call you lazjilin, right?

about the topic, as others said, demo is a lot easier to play, and can do nice dps even with not-so-good gear. dt is much more gear dependent, and since is a tank, you are actually supposed to tank in groups and raids.
    also, the pet does ranged attacks, so most of the times you won't even notice it...
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Solo both classes are pretty strong from my experience - with a demo you can nuke groups of mobs (with a little bit running at the right moment you will find solo questing etc. much more relaxing compared to a barb). A DT can just stand and stand in groups of mobs and kill one after another pretty fast. You have the choice between a strong mage and a strong melee.

The most important thing regarding groups and raids is: Do you want to carry responsibility for the success of your team? Pull, position, tank the bosses, have your eyes all over the hole picture of the fight? = DT
    Or do you want to have a more relaxed job? DPS and mainly make sure you stay alive and only sometimes get a task to fullfill beside dpsing and not dying? = Demo

Also be aware that a tank in raids higher then T2 will need certain gear and feats, and you will need a much deeper understanding of and much more information about encounters, and you need to be willing to adapt your gear and feats and playstyle for every bossfight.
    A demo just chooses the gear with most dps/hit/crit, takes 3-4 hp/prot items with him and needs to know if any aoe holy damage happens in the fight.That is it.

Many thanks for your help!!
    Atmoran - Barbarian
    "I'm descendant of Ysgramor.I came from the ancient lands of Atmora."