Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: What the hell is funcom doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    Exiles isn't a "bad" game. If you like crafting, building etc you'll have fun, especially if you prefer a fantasy game setting.

However, the combat is pretty bad, but I guess it's the best you can expect for that type of game genre, where it's all LMB/RMB interaction. Coming from an AoC player's perspective, the combat is definitely underwhelming which I think why so many AoC vets crap on Exiles quite a bit. My guess is people used to Survival genre games probably don't mind the combat at all.

I did buy the game, but not just because of the "OP pay to win" rune, I was planning on trying it out all along and give it a chance. I still play it off and on to see what changes have been made, and the new zone based on Cimmeria I guess, is quite beautiful. In fact the visuals are very good imo, including the initial desert biome (basically Kheshatta/Dragonspine area).

I believe they plan on eventually releasing more biomes, I'd expect a more forest/jungle zone at some point, but survival games tend to stay in a beta release state forever, so I'd expect Exiles to never really formally "launch".
    https://twitter.com/joelbylos/status...8737458831365/
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

More recycled AoC content! Yay!

The animations used for these combo attacks are in AoC already, first attack kinda looks like Bloody Vengeance from Guard and the second combo after the side roll looks like the standard soldier charge attack with sword + shield.
    The armor actually reminds me of DT T1 armor but I can't really tell with the low resolution.

I mean, the animations for AoC are great but still, they are reusing far too much for a "new" game.

Quote Originally Posted by xCodename View Post
    More recycled AoC content! Yay!

The animations used for these combo attacks are in AoC already, first attack kinda looks like Bloody Vengeance from Guard and the second combo after the side roll looks like the standard soldier charge attack with sword + shield.
    The armor actually reminds me of DT T1 armor but I can't really tell with the low resolution.

I mean, the animations for AoC are great but still, they are reusing far too much for a "new" game.
    Combo system inbound !!! ~ Yes !!

"Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

I am still surprised that players are unaware that Age of Conan is not to be further developed, reason why it still gives revenue. As Funcom describes, Age of Conan is good for portfolio.

Q4 2016
    For Age of Conan, a Thanksgiving and a Christmas sale events were launched, new
    rewards were added to the Raid finder and the tie-in items with Conan Exiles were
    added. No further significant work is expected to be done on this project going forward.
    http://cdn.funcom.com/investor/2017/...Q16_Report.pdf
    Last edited by KephaPT; 28th September 2017 at 10:49.
    .. Steady! We have not fled, we are not beaten, and even should they throw us in chains, we are there, and shall remain! And victory will be ours.. And whether we are alive or not when that goal is reached, our programme will be alive; it will reign in the world of a barbarian mankind. Yes, in spite of everything.

Server Merge: Kepha, now Kephaofcrom (still waiting for that Kepha "unknown character", "character doesn't exist" to log in).

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456