Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What the hell is funcom doing?

Default What the hell is funcom doing?

Why cant they do a good update to aoc?

Are u people aware of the extremely bad score people is giving to Conan Exiles?
    I play Conan Exiles sometimes and I have about 300 hours and I think it would be a good game if it was a single player game or at least not survival. Too much survival games out there. I see a waste of potential and resources there...They would have it easier if they'd tried to update AoC.

Why cant they just remake a bit AoC?

I mean....still being unique. No other mmo is like this one tbh.
    Atmoran - Barbarian
    "I'm descendant of Ysgramor.I came from the ancient lands of Atmora."

They just don't care? They got their money, so what do you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by xCodename View Post
    They just don't care? They got their money, so what do you expect?
    If money is the case...they could make more profit from AoC fore sure...If they could
    release "AoC 2"...
    Atmoran - Barbarian

Quote Originally Posted by Meleagro View Post
    If money is the case...they could make more profit from AoC fore sure...If they could
    release "AoC 2"...
    You must be really new to Funcom and their shenanigans.

Take the game for what it is, there will no longer be any major content. Even simple things will be months late.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

As I see it:

They are...

Creating unique and engaging games the likes of which have never been seen before.

Combating near bankruptcy due to some bad decisions and bad breaks. Hindsight is 20/20 of course. Had they focused exclusively on AoC from launch then who can say what might have been. But the dice were already rolled on TSW with millions invested and the game nearly complete. There was no dropping it at that point to get AoC up to speed when it faltered. Obviously TSW did not meet their financial expectations then along came Lego Mini-figures which did even worse.

Exiles is shaping up to be a fantastic game, they seem to be pouring everything into it as it's kind of a last chance deal, but people have no patience for bugs even in early access. Great creativity and poor execution has been a Funcom trademark along with taking too long to fix issues. Possibly they were fixing things as fast as humanly possible, I won't pretend to know, but it took longer than people were willing to wait. All I can say is their sheer creativity, story telling and willingness to go with dark, sometimes unsettling themes is enough for me.

AoC expansion and/or AoC 2 would be great of course. Not gonna be holding my breath however. Maybe one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Raeil View Post
    Exiles is shaping up to be a fantastic game, ...
    Hehe... yeah...

Funcom's live development team (in Durham) is currently focused on content updates to Secret World Legends. They have to release the New York Raid, 2nd half of Tokyo, and the new Agent System & a new zone(s) all by early 2018.

Secret World Legends launch was pushed back so that AoC could receive the raid-finder, login rewards and daily challenge updates. Those are more than likely the last major updates this game will see.
    Retired / 2010-2016

Is this game still active? Does pvp take place? It's been some years for me

Default New char help

I doubt they wont do something new for AoC. They should and maybe with Conan Exiles release....
    Last edited by Meleagro; 22nd August 2017 at 17:07.
    Atmoran - Barbarian

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast