Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dark Hand vs Ether Reap??

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    can someone confirm once and for all if ether reap mana procs can crit and proc vom?

knowing this would change a lot.

another thing about DT is initial agro "problems", so IMO hateful strikes is useful! and for the shield+desecration build, I would do like shink suggested, make it an allround one, with 5/5 protection and armor in general.
    Can confirm they don't crit.

Reaping Chaos was the best part about it IMO, it was good on bosses with low magic invulns, but that's a dated point, since there isn't any that need dreads anymore.
    EvitoQQ @ YouTube
    THE IVORY TOWER - QQ - Schlenkerla/Hersch

nice, ok next up:

spam mystical banes with incinerate ether (affected by 75% base spell damage from VoM, though cannot crit)
    vs.
    spam blood for aid

which will generate more agro? (without desecrated blood feat, ofc)

and maybe consider low magic mitigation mob, and normal mob

Quote Originally Posted by Rubent39 View Post
    So basically, Dark Hand vs Ether Reap comes down to:

Healing spell that can crit (both heal and damage part) with 30 sec cd, pretty ok heal in combination with blood pact

vs

More mana regen from Ether Reap effect.
    it's not only the question of these two. it's also about the power of mystical bane + incinerate ether, agrowise vs. a normal BfA rotation
    Last edited by Lurvi; 21st August 2017 at 18:12.

nice, ok next up:

spam mystical banes with incinerate ether (affected by 75% base spell damage from VoM, though cannot crit)
    vs.
    spam blood for aid

it's not only the question of these two. it's also about the power of mystical bane + incinerate ether, agrowise vs. a normal BfA rotation
    Bfa and incorporate some mystical banes in rotation imo for magic sensitive bosses ,otherwise it's a good filler depending on shields ,no spamm.Lower ranks of mystical bane are usually bad and bfa has more innate hate.Also to my experience hateful strikes on dt only helps you if you want to be stubborn vs other tanks and nothing else..if even that :P.

nice, ok next up:

vs.
    spam blood for aid

This is quite hard to test properly. You can't do it on a strawman obviously, and you would need a group with exact same setup both times. And then there is still other factors like lucky crit streaks etc. from you, but also the rest of the group, affecting the aggro table. Seeing as BfA has an innate +hate bonus and is comparable in dps with mystical bane + incinerate ether I'm guessing BfA spam will generate more aggro.. but that's just my wild guess.
    Rubs - 80 Bear Shaman - Crom
    Platonix - 80 Conqueror - Crom
    Taashar - 80 Dark Templar- Crom
    Onizumo - 80 Necromancer - Crom
    Rubent - 80 Ranger - Fury (From Rage)

The only time I use MB is when I have aggro and want to continue to dps but also allow other tanks to pull. Or if I need mana.

Any DT that's ever tried to tank non-tardfinder Louhi using only MBs can tell how especially craptastic it is for hate generation and holding aggro. BFA>All

PVP, much different story.

bad boss to make any measures off of

innate hate of combos isn't affected by damage deflection

also, you're probably doing the lower ranks MB at that boss aswell those are underwhelming.

You just answered your own question then...
    If you already consider the lower ranks to be underwhelming then you are probably not going to use them and cd's of the upper ranks is far too long to spam so it's not really possible to do anyway.

obvious that you would do LL as the highest priority combo to respawn zone of gluttony and supplement with ASfoF/BfA when high rank MBs on CD

same as when you say spam BfA doesn't mean only do BfA since the cooldown allows for it... but I guess it wasn't clear enough! my bad. it's important to include
    Last edited by Lurvi; 23rd August 2017 at 22:18.

I use this for 90% of fights https://goo.gl/CNmZs6 Pretty standard Tali spec, throw on a shield when needed.

I use this for dread shadow fights https://goo.gl/daxjez

I love seal of chaos + blood pact + dark hand even if it doesn't crit, it is still a hefty heal. If it does crit? can be 4k heal. Considering you run around with nearly 30% crit I think it is worth.

Soul Barrier is just not useful enough on vast majority of physical fights.

Mystical bane upper ranks can make some nice additional aggro with incinerate ether. Especially a nice alternative for a forward combo finisher if you already got a LL up.

I use this for protection fights https://goo.gl/85Z4bP

On a side not concerning Soul barrier, I notice various bosses will drain my stamina instead of my mana pool while soul barrier is up, not sure if a bug or what, but on certain fights really makes soul barrer OP. (Demo brother in t3 lower for instance)

At no point do I feel that any of the builds benefit from Gwalhur over other things I have chosen.
    Last edited by Thunderclese; 24th August 2017 at 16:03.

obvious that you would do LL as the highest priority combo to respawn zone of gluttony and supplement with ASfoF/BfA when high rank MBs on CD

same as when you say spam BfA doesn't mean only do BfA since the cooldown allows for it... but I guess it wasn't clear enough! my bad. it's important to include

Isn't that situational though?

When I am behind on aggro I actually am spamming bfa. LL->BFA->BFA-LL->BFA->BFA..
    I couldn't do that with only the two high ranks of MB.
    As for why ASFOF isn't above, while I'd consider ASFOF a higher aggro generating combo than MB, I wouldn't put it above BFA. When behind I typically drop it from rotation until I have aggro back. And like I said earlier, when I have aggro and want to be sure another tank can pull off of me I'll start laying off the BFA's and start mixing in the MB/UB, (While keeping LL & ASFOF up of course). To each his own, it's all a matter of preference and whatever works for someone.

Can we move on to something else... I haven't seen a good BFAV/BFAIV vs BFAIV/III conversation in a long time!
    Last edited by Direwolfe; 24th August 2017 at 17:00.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast