Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dark Hand vs Ether Reap??

ASfoF probably higher agro than BfAIV if shields are stacked on the right,
    also with MB rotation, shields will be heavily stacked on the top, since LL and MB have up finishers, so you need to use BfA/ASfoF rather often.

one downside to it, is finding an ez-mode rotation, which the LL->BfA(4)->BfA(5)->LL rotation is for a seamless zone of gluttony uptime. playing mystical banes usually end up playing along with how the shields turn out, making the DT a bit more fun to play! which is welcome. but might mess up zone of gluttony at times.

The combos dmg of a dt is like 20-30% their dmg output in any parse whatever your rotation is after you equip VoM and reach a decent crit rating/unholy mgc dmg level so......only answer is hit them where they get the more pain, funcoms destruction of the class 4-5 years ago will do the rest in the background.Now if you want theory crafting about innate hate coefficient of combos remove
    vom but hey who does it nowadays yes?
    So a dt gets aggro mainly from proccs thats why sometimes aggro switching is definitely unreliable even on same levels dts, and thats why hateful strikes is again such a bad idea mainly cause the irony of it is that it doesnt get applied to your whole dmg output since mgc dmg component of a dt has different hate cooeficients than physical dmg(combos dmg and vom crushing procc)

Lastly incinerate ether dmg also is affected by unholy debuffing of bosses so always relevant in pet speccs and especially in raids environment t5-t6 where you can check protection level on bosses
    Last edited by sardanapal; 25th August 2017 at 22:08.
    {Circle of Eternity}

Ramanli 80 DT,Erifylli 80 Guard,Amarylli 80 Demo
    Denmeth 80 Barb,Adiasa 80 HoX,Dovackhin 80 BS,Psalmodia 80 PoM
    Dyssebeia 80 DT,Polyterpi 80 Conq,Marleficus 80 ToS,Klymeni 80 Sin

Goofy Tactics for AoC :http://www.youtube.com/user/sardanapal01?feature=mhee
    RP stuff: http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=180714

BLOOD DAWN-AQUILONIA SERVER FOR EVAH !!

Quote Originally Posted by sardanapal View Post
    So a dt gets aggro mainly from proccs thats why sometimes aggro switching is definitely unreliable even on same levels dts, and thats why hateful strikes is again such a bad idea mainly cause the irony of it is that it doesnt get applied to your whole dmg output since mgc dmg component of a dt has different hate cooeficients than physical dmg(combos dmg and vom crushing procc)
    How do you know this? As far as I know damage is damage, and hate is hate. 10% hate is 1.10*damage output = threat.
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

Quote Originally Posted by magnum92 View Post
    How do you know this? As far as I know damage is damage, and hate is hate. 10% hate is 1.10*damage output = threat.
    Tested and tested again between a dt doing only shadow hex on bosses (onyx) and another tank (guardian) doing only white hits
    {Circle of Eternity}

Tested and tested again between a dt doing only shadow hex on bosses (onyx) and another tank (guardian) doing only white hits
    Can you describe more detailed how this test would work out exactly?
    Last edited by magnum92; 25th August 2017 at 23:40.

[Youtube Channel]

wasn't there a dev saying it applied to all damage?

anyways if thats true ramanli, it changes my perception of hateful strike for sure

maybe the IA(..) is considering more threatening the damage source with whom his mitigation is lower. An Onyx boss has big times chance to have more armor than protection. food for tought?

Quote Originally Posted by magnum92 View Post
    Can you describe more detailed how this test would work out exactly?
    Yes,a guardian with 20% hate does 1000 dmg in white hits, his threat is 1200, then a dt with 10% hate needs in theory 1200 dmg made for aggro change (calculating 10% threat difference for aggro change),in my tests 5 years ago without any buffs on, the dmg needed by doing pure mgc dmg was slightly more,in the previous example the threat made was 1.06-1.07 instead of 1.1 as you expected for 10% hate.it is not a big margin, it is not a big deal but it was a difference non the less. In the long run as practice shows a dt always benefits more from magc dmg than ^hate^ abilities

Bear in mind in order to get the numbers straight i consumed lots of hours and ofc never did tests with vom on cause vom destroys any controled experiment

Lurvi yes a dt aggrowise is way weak in threat generated the first moments of fight especially if he misses a combo,the enemy dodges or he retarded keeps hitting a 3 shielded side,if that warranties use of this ability i dont know,for me was seldom a problem especially if you play with people that knows to play dps classes
    Last edited by sardanapal; 26th August 2017 at 13:23.
    {Circle of Eternity}

Yes,a guardian with 20% hate does 1000 dmg in white hits, his threat is 1200, then a dt with 10% hate needs in theory 1200 dmg made for aggro change (calculating 10% threat difference for aggro change),in my tests 5 years ago without any buffs on, the dmg needed by doing pure mgc dmg was slightly more,in the previous example the threat made was 1.06-1.07 instead of 1.1 as you expected for 10% hate.it is not a big margin, it is not a big deal but it was a difference non the less. In the long run as practice shows a dt always benefits more from magc dmg than ^hate^ abilities

Bear in mind in order to get the numbers straight i consumed lots of hours and ofc never did tests with vom on cause vom destroys any controled experiment
    Those 0.03% sounds like a natural differencial considering you cant make a test like this 100% clinical. How did you land exactly around 1200 damage . If 1200 is exactly 10% more aggro, what if you land on 1180, and need to do one more hex to get over the 1000 mark, which make u reach 1260 damage for example.

Just out of curiousity im gonna try to do this test again or some other variant. Cos I also have a memory like lurvi with a dev saying its the same, sadly we cant browse so far back in the forums cause of that hack attack where they wiped their history.

I also asked a FOA who couldnt say for sure, but stated he didnt think DT have some wierd coifficent diffrence for mgcdmg

Will come back with result
    Last edited by magnum92; 26th August 2017 at 15:40.

[Youtube Channel]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123