Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any games worth the $$$ these days

Default Conan Exiles

Quote Originally Posted by Raeil View Post
    Lite-Brite?

I got nothing really. I've tried most of the games mentioned and three days has been the longest I've played any of them. Only things on my radar are SWL and Conan Exiles when they get new content.

I suppose there's worse problems to have than gaming burnout.
    I am rather impressed with Conan Exiles, Ive been having a lot of fun playing it since they ironed out a lot of bugs and made gameplay a lot smoother. Other than that, Rainbow Six Siege is the only side game ive been playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinshi View Post
    I am rather impressed with Conan Exiles, Ive been having a lot of fun playing it since they ironed out a lot of bugs and made gameplay a lot smoother. Other than that, Rainbow Six Siege is the only side game ive been playing.
    FUNCOM just finished their stream highlighting the release of the Northern region. One thing of note ; they broke the combat ... lol. You can no longer run with weapons in hand. But the kicker is NPCs can ... now THATs on PAR for FUNCOM Devs.

Check out STAR CITIZEN ; you won't be disappointed.

"Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Just to be clear the main reason SWL and Exiles are *on my radar* is that I'm already invested in them. Do want to see the Secret World's story continued and since I've already bought CE there's no reason not to check out the updates. Though that next update does look good and it has been a fun game.

Think it's safe to say that, good or bad, Star Citizen at 150 million plus funding is going to leave a mark one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustaine View Post
    [...]
    Check out STAR CITIZEN ; you won't be disappointed.
    That game will never fully release lol
    Kickstarter game that swallowed millions of dollars and I haven't really seen any revolutionary game play. The videos all seem like they show some kind of tech-demo, not a real game.

Quote Originally Posted by Raeil View Post
    Just to be clear the main reason SWL and Exiles are *on my radar* is that I'm already invested in them. Do want to see the Secret World's story continued and since I've already bought CE there's no reason not to check out the updates. Though that next update does look good and it has been a fun game.
    Agreed SWL is fun. The PvP is horrible, but otherwise the game is fine (from a lore and PvE perspective).

I do prefer the old gear system, but there was no way to monetize it I guess.
    Retired / 2010-2016

GuildWars 2 is getting an expansion in a few weeks, so it's a great time to re-join. It's still a very good and LARGE game.

Camelot Unchained looks supernice from the previews, it's graphics is something you never seen before and it can handle 1000ppl battles. It's still not in beta so might take a while.

Total War Warhammer is also worths all the money in my opinion and it's 2nd part is coming soon to release.

Are also looking for a game outside Age of Conan and would appreciate some tips
    Having played aoc since release, and really enjoyed our game, i am a bit picky for my alternative mmo.
    Hope to find a game with realistic graphic of of aoc, tab target combat and open pvp.
    Best part of aoc was early days when you had to fight other players from underhall to khesetta just to complete your quests.
    I also like doing dungeons, so the game should have something to do outside open world quests.

I have only tried gw2, swtor, secret world Legends and black desert online. Swtor i found boring, gw2 was ok but i didnt like the fantasy graphic. BDO have good graphics, but the combat is really boring. Secret world legends has good graphic, and fun questing, but the dungeon i done was not so fun, and the pvp is almost absent + the combat is abit to much spamming 1,2,3.
    So any suggestion for me?
    Moderated by SciIti : please, not this sort of joke, thank you

Toons: Darthpowie, Powie, Lynvingeen, Zummigummi and friends <3

Quote Originally Posted by mrhood View Post
    Are also looking for a game outside Age of Conan and would appreciate some tips
    Having played aoc since release, and really enjoyed our game, i am a bit picky for my alternative mmo.
    Hope to find a game with realistic graphic of of aoc, tab target combat and open pvp.
    Best part of aoc was early days when you had to fight other players from underhall to khesetta just to complete your quests.
    I also like doing dungeons, so the game should have something to do outside open world quests.

I have only tried gw2, swtor, secret world Legends and black desert online. Swtor i found boring, gw2 was ok but i didnt like the fantasy graphic. BDO have good graphics, but the combat is really boring. Secret world legends has good graphic, and fun questing, but the dungeon i done was not so fun, and the pvp is almost absent + the combat is abit to much spamming 1,2,3.
    So any suggestion for me?
    BDO has one of the best combat today. If you have reached lvl56 you can get another weapon with differnt kind of combos and movement, this one will be complete on lvl60 when you get all your combos.
    BNS, TERA and Wildstar has a very good combat system too, but I guess you do not like the anime style.

Otherwise I have no idea. Revelation Online is a themepark style open world game but it is an anime style too. Bless Online is fantasy themepark style, instances based, they have called back because of the boring half-tab-targeted fighting system which was not worked well with the different classes. You can try ESO, it is pretty decent they say, they have already fixed the bugs. Ashes of Creation got some hype, but I do not know, I think it is just another one, nothing different. Life is Feudal, Conqueror's Blade (War Rage), Age of Wushu 2, Moonlight Blade, Justice Online (Treacherous Waters), Wild West Online, these sandbox mmo's are coming next year or later.
    Vykthor (Barb) - Vykthorya (Demo) - Vyko (Guard) - Vyky (Pom)

"No Fear! No Limits! No Equal!" / SENNA /

I found Wildstar to be the most fun out of that list.

Questing was fun.

PvP seemed like they had trouble with balance.

Raids were out of control fun, but very difficult.

Player housing was very robust, you could literally make a theme park or your own dungeon for other players to play on your housing plot.

The only problem I had with Wildstar was that it's population is not much better than AoC. I am craving a game that I enjoy with a large community.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12