Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any games worth the $$$ these days

Default Any games worth the $$$ these days

Post links to games that, in your opinion, shine like armor in House of Crom. Really need something else to play and god forbid going back and playing WoW.

MMO's? I was going to say WoW. Haven't played since WoTLK, decided to go and give Legion a shot. It's not too bad. I do enjoy having functioning game systems and a large community. It makes up for its cheesiness.

Otherwise you have:
    Elder Scrolls Online
    Star Wars The Old Republic
    Wildstar
    Rift
    Oldschool Runescape
    Secret World Legends
    Guild Wars 2
    Black Desert Online
    Warframe

Other mmo's to keep an eye on:
    Crowfall
    Ashes of Creation
    Camelot Unchained
    Last edited by krippa; 1st August 2017 at 00:24.
    Retired / 2010-2016

Quote Originally Posted by krippa View Post
    MMO's? I was going to say WoW. Haven't played since WoTLK, decided to go and give Legion a shot. It's not too bad. I do enjoy having functioning game systems and a large community. It makes up for its cheesiness.

Otherwise you have:
    Elder Scrolls Online
    Star Wars The Old Republic
    Wildstar
    Rift
    Oldschool Runescape
    Secret World Legends
    Guild Wars 2
    Black Desert Online
    Warframe

Other mmo's to keep an eye on:
    Crowfall
    Ashes of Creation
    Camelot Unchained
    ESO: tried, couldnt get into the combat system, felt powerless.
    SWTOR: Good game, might try again
    Wildstar: Havent tried yet
    Rift: Havent seriously tried
    Runescape: Always a classic, does get a bit boring after awhile
    Secret World: Havent tried, figured it was a fail
    Guild Wars 2: Great game, pvp was fun but the craft-to-win was kind of a turnoff, havent played in awhile might have changed
    BDO: Havent tried
    Warframe: Havent tried

Few points for SWL,

they took the original game, created a leveling system and made everyone start over regardless of your previous character level.

changed the entire ability system and made everyone start over... kinda/sort of more balanced

made it b2p through subscribing and highly dependent upon buying funcom's real money currency (Aurum) or suffer a very long grind

Theres largely nothing new yet, its the same game, just a restarted grind. They're still not planning any new content for quite some time.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Overwatch is definitely worth the money, you can get keys for half the original price on sites like G2A and so on.
    It's like an FPS but with MMO stuff in it (you got tanks, DDs, healers), you don't need mad aim skillz like people in CS:GO, some characters profit from these skills but others profit from a lot of different things like map awareness, sneak routes (some characters don't even need to shoot at enemies but can have insane game impact if played correctly) and so on.
    Updates come regulary, the only big flaw I have with the game is the ranking system / match making in competitive game play. Ranking can be horrible if you get trolls in your match (who jump off the cliffs and make it a 5v6 which is devastating in a lot of cases). If you think about playing the game, try to find some friends who will also start the game, game fun is 100% more if you play with a group that you know instead of being a solo player.

Overwatch is a Team Fortress 2 copy with MOBA elements. I'd rather play CS when I can use my brain to win
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

Wildstar sure is fun, because its a hard game, when you reach max level the instances require you to be on your toes much more then aoc. The questing is awesome aswell, i usually hate the questing part of mmo's but they got me hooked

Counterstrike: Global offensive is the game to play if u like first person shooters.

Overwatch is also awesome if you want moba-like abilities mixed in with the shooting.

PUBG - Playerunkowns battlegrounds is a battleroyal game, you spawn with nothing against 100 other players over a 8x8km sized map. Loot weapons, bandages, helmets etc and fight for your life untill you are the last one standing, very fun and super addicting. Can also be played with friends where u team up with either 1 friend or up to 4.
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

Quote Originally Posted by Kinshi View Post
    Post links to games that, in your opinion, shine like armor in House of Crom. Really need something else to play and god forbid going back and playing WoW.
    Try taking a look @ STAR CITIZEN ~

"Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

if you want an MMO go and check FFXIV its really fun game i have been playing it now for like 6 or 7 month (when the RF **** start on AOC)

Lite-Brite?

I got nothing really. I've tried most of the games mentioned and three days has been the longest I've played any of them. Only things on my radar are SWL and Conan Exiles when they get new content.

I suppose there's worse problems to have than gaming burnout.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast