Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blood Hunger/Funeral Rites bugged!?

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgmoth-VDN View Post
    or maybe the other classes with minion oneshot (demo, hox, pom) could help, instead of just slacking...
    They're supposed to, after the necro does FR and kills 3/4 minions, the 4th is brought over and another mage one shots it.

3 necros in a raid is hardly class stacking, we've typically had 3 in our raids since before T4 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    They're supposed to, after the necro does FR and kills 3/4 minions, the 4th is brought over and another mage one shots it.

3 necros in a raid is hardly class stacking, we've typically had 3 in our raids since before T4 days.

Well, we only started killing Vistrix like half a year ago and slowly getting it on farm...
    meaning most but not all times we manage to kill him - depending on who is in the raid, and who is not (e.g. enough necros)

at the moment we need all the time we can get to get some progression/good-tries on Honorguard, so a fast kill on Vistrix does help
    and a fast kill means 3 necros to handle the minon wyrms; at least for us at this moment

regarding shatter to kill the minions:
    it's on 3 minute cooldown, so does not greatly help there, still need 2 necros then... and there the timing is very tight
    and shatter requires some other spell before to actually work, like frost blast - so it can be tricky to have shatter kill the minions
    (same for Demo's detonation - need the incinerate debuff on all minions to get them all killed
    - very difficult to achieve, since the minions turn to run away from port circles very quickly)

Quote Originally Posted by Yorgomir View Post
    Well, we only started killing Vistrix like half a year ago and slowly getting it on farm...
    meaning most but not all times we manage to kill him - depending on who is in the raid, and who is not (e.g. enough necros)

at the moment we need all the time we can get to get some progression/good-tries on Honorguard, so a fast kill on Vistrix does help
    and a fast kill means 3 necros to handle the minon wyrms; at least for us at this moment

regarding shatter to kill the minions:
    it's on 3 minute cooldown, so does not greatly help there, still need 2 necros then... and there the timing is very tight
    and shatter requires some other spell before to actually work, like frost blast - so it can be tricky to have shatter kill the minions
    (same for Demo's detonation - need the incinerate debuff on all minions to get them all killed
    - very difficult to achieve, since the minions turn to run away from port circles very quickly)
    I would not recommend shatter for T5 Vistrix minion killing. Your most efficient way for killing the adds is rotation of 3 necros with fully feated funeral rites killing 3 of the 4 adds and pulling the last add to the dps group where demos with instacast hellfire stream and detonation can minion kill the last one almost instantaneously.

I have frequently been in successful T5 vistrix fights with a set up of 2 necros & then demos+hox(s) assigned to kill the third set of adds (and sixth if it takes that long). It's not that difficult to adjust to, mostly needs reinforcement that distance damage dealers PULL the adds as soon as they spawn to the damage camp and they get CC'd. Then when close the hox minion kills and demo kills can happen. And of course PoMs will be using condemnation on minions. In a 2 necro set up, the HoX's must not use their minion kills on the last add from the first two spawns, they must keep it unused so it's not on cooldown for the third set.

Frankly, damage dealers pulling the last minion away from the circles/tanks to the damage camp & that minion being locked down with a stun should be occurring even in a 3 necro raid set up so the last minion doesn't latch onto a tank or healer or run wild to kill a random squishy.
    Last edited by Ladihawke; 4th August 2017 at 22:40.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladihawke View Post
    I have frequently been in successful T5 vistrix fights with a set up of 2 necros & then demos+hox(s) assigned to kill the third set of adds (and sixth if it takes that long). It's not that difficult to adjust to, mostly needs reinforcement that distance damage dealers PULL the adds as soon as they spawn to the damage camp and they get CC'd. Then when close the hox minion kills and demo kills can happen. And of course PoMs will be using condemnation on minions. In a 2 necro set up, the HoX's must not use their minion kills on the last add from the first two spawns, they must keep it unused so it's not on cooldown for the third set.

Frankly, damage dealers pulling the last minion away from the circles/tanks to the damage camp & that minion being locked down with a stun should be occurring even in a 3 necro raid set up so the last minion doesn't latch onto a tank or healer or run wild to kill a random squishy.
    Frankly all that needs to be done is pull the adds to the dps ,use an aoe stun, or kb or single target ones if they are spread and nuke them down instead of forcing necros to an otherwise useless perk and using 1,5-2s cast time one shots,then worry about cooldowns and "ROTATIONS".But i guess that is for another time in game where players were better and could pull off such difficult tasks.
    Last edited by -Shink-; 5th August 2017 at 06:40.

Quote Originally Posted by -Shink- View Post
    Frankly all that needs to be done is pull the adds to the dps ,use an aoe stun, or kb or single target ones if they are spread and nuke them down instead of forcing necros to an otherwise useless perk and using 1,5-2s cast time one shots,then worry about cooldowns and "ROTATIONS".But i guess that is for another time in game where players were better and could pull off such difficult tasks.
    True, but it's more efficient to use abilities available to certain classes to make it simpler to pull off. Slotting FR for 1 fight that takes 4 minutes but makes the fight easier and still be able to be top 5 dps is a no brainer. No reason to make things more difficult than necessary, I mean sure you can eat a steak with just your hands but it's easier to use a fork and knife

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    True, but it's more efficient to use abilities available to certain classes to make it simpler to pull off. Slotting FR for 1 fight that takes 4 minutes but makes the fight easier and still be able to be top 5 dps is a no brainer. No reason to make things more difficult than necessary, I mean sure you can eat a steak with just your hands but it's easier to use a fork and knife
    Yeah,then watch one necro fail it or miss his timing or w/e and your whole raid fails to adapt and it's a wipe because of 4 adds than can die by 3 aoes .Plus you suddenly don't need "at least 2 necros" or "4 demos" or this and that if everyone pulls their weight a tiny bit...

P.S :It's easier to eat with your hands depending on what you are eating
    Last edited by -Shink-; 7th August 2017 at 18:00.

Yeah,then watch one necro fail it or miss his timing or w/e and your whole raid fails to adapt and it's a wipe because of 4 adds than can die by 3 aoes .Plus you suddenly don't need "at least 2 necros" or "4 demos" or this and that if everyone pulls their weight a tiny bit...

P.S :It's easier to eat with your hands depending on what you are eating
    No doubt it helps having players that can adapt on the fly when things don't go to plan and go off the rails.

Frankly all that needs to be done is pull the adds to the dps ,use an aoe stun, or kb or single target ones if they are spread and nuke them down...
    All true, but in our raids most players still struggle with mechanics, like when and where to run on Eruption or Heart of Fire, using the bane correctly and whatnot
    - additionally caring for those adds is just too much still...

...instead of forcing necros to an otherwise useless perk and using 1,5-2s cast time one shots,then worry about cooldowns and "ROTATIONS".But i guess that is for another time in game where players were better and could pull off such difficult tasks.
    (fully feated, Funeral Rites is an instant cast actually)
    well, it's only an AA perk - if you don't need it, just don't use it outside T5 Vissy
    - so it's not wasted like e.g. the Demo's Entity build: there you have a full build that only can ever be used on one single boss in the whole game :/

and regarding rotation: well, I have a script for it, exactly telling when which necro should do his FR - nothing to worry about here
    (not really needed, all the necros need to care about is the very first three add waves - after that there's anyhow only one necro that has his FR off cd...
    but I like to keep it as simple as possible)

don't get me wrong, I appreciate all your tipps, I really do! But we as a team are just not there yet...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12