Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Barbarian Guide

+1 to sticky.

Forza italia ^^
    Aess ~ Pom R10 / Rheizhyn ~ Hox R10 / Fraize ~ Barb R7 / Vilcyness ~ DT R3

Good job my spaghetti boy! And thx for the test that we 've done together!
    Hail Naples!
    Killraven The arsenal conq - Baalsogoth (Herald of Awesomness) - Killdarkness (DT) - Killshadows (Guard) - Killrazor (barb) - Demoraven (demo) - Enasht (ToS) - Giuliette (ranger)

I know only 3 words: D P S

Quote Originally Posted by hellbone View Post
    Good job my spaghetti boy! And thx for the test that we 've done together!
    Hail Naples!
    At your service
    Victory or Death

Hello,

Im a returning player.I played since 2009 but have been in and out...last time I left on 2015.

I would like to continue playing. My barb was a mix of t2/t3 with 2 ibis swords.

I was doing Tamarin quests to get the armor when I left.Should I continue trying to get tamarin or did something changed? I see there are now t5 and t6? Are those new dungeons?

Is Vanaheim worth?

AoC still being my fav mmo by far.
    Atmoran - Barbarian
    "I'm descendant of Ysgramor.I came from the ancient lands of Atmora."

Quote Originally Posted by Meleagro View Post
    Hello,

Im a returning player.I played since 2009 but have been in and out...last time I left on 2015.

I would like to continue playing. My barb was a mix of t2/t3 with 2 ibis swords.

I was doing Tamarin quests to get the armor when I left.Should I continue trying to get tamarin or did something changed? I see there are now t5 and t6? Are those new dungeons?

Is Vanaheim worth?

Nothing changed, just get the tiger armor or farm Raidfinder for T4 gear (or go to the real raids which no one really does anymore), but you can basically skip the tiger armor because RF drops T4 relics in masses if you have premium. If you still want better gear you need to join a big guild that has a T5 / T6 raidforce (selection isn't that great, there are only like 3 big guilds left who can do these raids) and get the gear there once you got decent "starter" gear for those tiers (you basically should have T4 gear).
    Vanaheim is crap and not worth it, long grinding for crappy rings since Slithering Chaos / Raidfinder rings are in the game, get these because they are the best ones in the game.
    Last edited by xCodename; 21st August 2017 at 17:25.

Quote Originally Posted by Meleagro View Post
    Hello,

Is Vanaheim worth?

Tamarin armor is faction gear, for this reason is even worth to be gained, cause is really easy gain it (6 men are fast and easy to full) also if, as i wrote, my tips is get hyrkan chest.
    T5 and 6 are raids so you need one good guild for face up them and 24 people for full.
    Vanaheim now as now is worth? Depend what are you looking. For gear NO.
    It have good rings (slightly better then T4, in T5 there is only ONE ring quest and T6 have no ring) when they released it could be worth for the ring, now there are Slightering Chaos and Raidfinder's rings, they are better then Vanaheim, making it obsolete. Except for the ring there isnt other power gear there.
    There are good vanity and socials (tatoo, helms, capes) so it depend on what are you looking for. If only gear is not worth, but i loved social in it and possibility to play, sometime in relax in couple with one or two friends, like old single player with cooperative videogames (it's solo max 3 players instance)!
    Last edited by zujilin; 23rd August 2017 at 08:35.
    Victory or Death

Very nice guide for new barbies but i want to comment on a few things. Barb with t5 rune is very different from barb without it, hence once you get the rune there is no reason to waste one point in ''back to the frey''. More than one point in ''sever'' is an absolute waste. Barb being probably the meele dps with best potential make tanks agro your limit, if tanks hold you go with the magic specc (not in this guide) for 2k+, if tanks dont hold you have to cripple yourself by using general which is basically only good for -hate and cheat the reaper.

Personally i have stopped playing barb is pve so much cause only few tanks utilise agro effectively

Quote Originally Posted by Vasylyos View Post
    Very nice guide for new barbies but i want to comment on a few things. Barb with t5 rune is very different from barb without it, hence once you get the rune there is no reason to waste one point in ''back to the frey''. More than one point in ''sever'' is an absolute waste. Barb being probably the meele dps with best potential make tanks agro your limit, if tanks hold you go with the magic specc (not in this guide) for 2k+, if tanks dont hold you have to cripple yourself by using general which is basically only good for -hate and cheat the reaper.

Personally i have stopped playing barb is pve so much cause only few tanks utilise agro effectively
    "back to the frey" is just a point, it has saved my life several times especially in T5 and in T6, a bit of heal does not bother (for example after Winter from Honorguard, you have 0 stacks, you not lose dps but cast it with one potion if you are low in health and next in charge) and since it consumes stack reaver I find it up when I want to slow down my DPS slightly for aggro, but I absolutely agree that it is optional at discretion (in fact it is not among the feats recommended in the initial scheme).
    The build with general (which I use in pugs when I do not trust the tanks) is between the build and is specified is good just when tank cannot hold your aggro but, you touched my curiosity,
    if tanks hold you go with the magic specc (not in this guide) for 2k+
    what is this spec of which you speak?
    Victory or Death

I also haven't played barb for a while but I remember using 'back to the frey' to strategically reset my reaver stack timer back on T4 zodiac for example. It consumes 5 stacks and gives you a shitty survivability buff but it also resets the timer on those stacks which enables you to keep your stacks up at x10 even if you can't hit something for 25-30 seconds. Not sure if the newer raids still have bosses where this has its use. Without trying it I can imagine it can be useful on honorguard, Yothians, Igneous&friends and perhaps Ethram too.
    It's still pretty situational and long cooldown iirc so you can probably get more return for the point elsewhere. Just found it in fun to play around with that ability to minmax on some fights.
    Last edited by Caudilloo; 12th October 2017 at 12:45.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast