Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Shambling Plague

The big problems with the shop are two things:

1. There are no microtransactions possible, because there simply are no micro prizes. The big krit/combat rating/magic damage pots come for 375 FC points per toon per 4 hours - 3,30 € for one toon for one raid...not interesting at all. Ports are no longer needed as we have plenty of them, and all the individual vanity items are no longer purchaseable for very small money as they used to be (all vanity set items were sold individually and in a set). Their price went through the roof to a point where it is just ridiculious. You need token of gildings to buy them ingame, and those you can only get via lottery boxes...so now those small vanity items you once bought happily for a few cents cost each way over 10 or 20 €.
    There is simply no nice, life improving and reasonable priced stuff you like to browse the shop for, let alone buy anything. I bet FC would make a lot more money out of the shop if they would not wait for 1 in 100 people to buy a full T3 80 toon or some similar overpriced item, but instead go for the 40 of 100 people who would buy a small vanity item here and a good pot there.

2. No unlock option. All things that had unlock options got riiiiidiiiiciously expensive after the shop revamp, because now you can only buy them for one toon. Perticularly inventory upgrades.

The "we wanted to slim the shop down so everyone can finde stuff" is just marketing blaablaa. Or does FC realy think we are too stupid to search an item shop in a game? Then maybe the shop is not well maintained, with new offers on its front page and a good search function?

If you want to make money with the item shop: bring back micropricing and the unlock option.

Bottom line, I am just so sick of trying to throw money at FC which they just do not want! Item shop? Buuujaaaa, heavily overpriced nonsense items! New sub offer and revamp of the sub prices? No, but a sub revamp that actually made the sub content worse than befor, but costs the same, so I got a downgrade for my already paid money. More payment options? No, canceling of payment options...really? And don't let me start with paypal, where it is no longer possible to pay FC via direct debit, because paypal canceles the transaction in 90% of the cases because FC is not a trustworthy shop in their database.

Quote Originally Posted by Mussagana View Post
    I hope to get everybody an update on those gems soon, but not quite yet. Keeping in mind we like to avoid clutter to keep popular shop items easy to find, what did you have in mind?
    I'd like to see the return of the reasonably priced crit pots, etc back before the price was increased ridiculously.

I hope to get everybody an update on those gems soon, but not quite yet. Keeping in mind we like to avoid clutter to keep popular shop items easy to find, what did you have in mind?
    I would like the collectors edition upgrade of Turan pack made reavailable. Like others have said, discounted store pots. The old bonus rings/necklaces. I think the news entries that had information from prior sub offers got mysteriously deleted so now its hard to remember what items were available, like the different color renditions of the tiger mount.

It appears though anything that could be done will take work, and unfortunately there is absolutely nothing being devoted to this game going forward. Anything requested is just lost words on this forum. Very sad.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by Kantakwa View Post

I bet FC would make a lot more money out of the shop if they do not wait for 1 in 100 people to buy a full T3 80 toon or something similar overpriced item, but instead go for the 40 of 100 people who would buy a small vanity item here and a good pot there.
    This is so true and Ive talked to many guildies that all shared the old habbit of throwing in 50 euros in FC points here and there, knowing u would use it for critpots etc etc. But with the prices going up the ridiculous way it did, i didnt spend a single euro in it since then.

Some old loyal customers will always stay and always spend money. But perhaps you managed to find the only way to close their wallets on this change fc.
    Last edited by magnum92; 9th December 2017 at 01:47.
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

Keeping in mind we like to avoid clutter to keep popular shop items easy to find, what did you have in mind?
    Thought we have a suggestion-thread for such things.

I think there are a lot of good suggestions inside between the ridiculous ones.

And ofc its a bit offtopic right now.

and whats offtopic too, i agree with most of suggestions here, especially kantakwa says true things. Unlock Option was perfect.

That's something that's still not quite clear to even me, so I'd like to have that refined before I try to make the time. Resource availability is definitely a concern here.

And yeah, I do, thanks for the concern.

My pleasure. My time with AOC is limited these days, but I try to make sure to keep an eye on the forums and that everything that needs to be done continues to be done.
    Does this mean Subscribers will get a 900 Day Loyalty Reward this month (December)? I had to petition the BBB in North Carolina just to get everyone the 720 Day Loyalty Reward.
    Guild 'House Jade Asp' - PvE server

Having put a total stone on the possibility of new brand content (goodbye T7), there is still the remote possibility of having some other of that promised little content, as for example more dungeons UC (Sanctum, Black Castle, Onyx UC etc.)?

edit: in the transition from the shop to the NPC vendor, some content (tiger cub and wolf cub, for example) have been lost forever!
    Last edited by zujilin; 11th December 2017 at 15:43.
    Victory or Death

Quote Originally Posted by zujilin View Post
    Having put a total stone on the possibility of new brand content (goodbye T7), there is still the remote possibility of having some other of that promised little content, as for example more dungeons UC (Sanctum, Black Castle, Onyx UC etc.)?

edit: in the transition from the shop to the NPC vendor, some content (tiger cub and wolf cub, for example) have been lost forever!
    Yes, I noticed that a number of pets previously found only in the game Store are no longer available anywhere.
    Guild 'House Jade Asp' - PvE server

Quote Originally Posted by Radicaltop View Post
    Does this mean Subscribers will get a 900 Day Loyalty Reward this month (December)? I had to petition the BBB in North Carolina just to get everyone the 720 Day Loyalty Reward.
    Yeah was thinking the same thing where is the 900 day loyalty reward
    Last edited by mrdeadhead; 18th December 2017 at 00:21.

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by Radicaltop View Post
    No, this will be delayed because of both vacation and because I'm trying to roll more into the update rather than getting out an early update. When I talk about resources, it means pulling the QA/ops guys off of whatever other project they're working on to get the patch out, so it's best to get as much in as possible when I have the opportunity. In some cases, it also means determining whether or not I have additional support to expand the scope.

Also, I wouldn't devalue the contributions of others in that thread; it was that thread and the community as a whole rather than any specific action that gave me the ammunition to get things rolling. I appreciate everybody that voiced their concerns. Your feedback always helps.

Quote Originally Posted by zujilin View Post
    ...in the transition from the shop to the NPC vendor, some content (tiger cub and wolf cub, for example) have been lost forever!
    I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to get these into this update, but I tried to throw together a list of pets that are now missing from the game:

White Vaaghasan Cub
    Black Khitan Wolf Pup
    Informant
    Arctic Hare
    Fearless Crab
    Child of the Full Moon
    Owlet

If anyone knows of others that were removed with the item shop update (or knows that any of these are now available elsewhere), let me know and I'll change the list.
    Last edited by Mussagana; 19th December 2017 at 16:08.
    FuncomMussagana
    Designer
    Twitter: @Mussagana

Age of Conan Website

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast