Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Look at the activity on Fury!

About two weeks ago I transferred my TOS to fury and was suprised how populated this server still is. There is even no big difference in population between Crom and Fury. But the minigames... forget it. You need to wait long time for a minigame, you always see the same 11 faces besides you and teamwork + playing for objectives... even far worse than on Crom. It seems people dont want to play minigames anymore, because nobody playes for win anyway and frags u can get in open world too without worries that someone will blame u to not heal or not pick the flag or not use cc to save somebody.

It seems on Crom minigames also open rarely than before... justifiably... because besides lack of teamplay and playing for objectives you need to face cheaters more often here and the well known exploiter who join minigames with several accounts... or those who play only in a good team. I give minigames on Crom maybe one more year, than it will be like on fury now. Nobody wants to join minigames anymore.

Actually it would be so easy to fix it, something like mixed premades but without the long preparations before. Just write in global and ask for 11 other players who want to do minigames without cheater and exploiter, be aware to have at least two healers and let FC algorithm decide for balance I will do this later when I am online. I think the interest is high enought to find 11 eager players besides me for this.
    Last edited by beacor11; 5th September 2017 at 07:38.
    Bendowill (Ranger) / Liangxiao (BS)
    Gjalskia (DT) / Beacor (BS, Saga)

Quote Originally Posted by beacor11 View Post
    there is even no big difference in population between crom and fury.
    lol
    Schokierendes Interview mit Funcom`s CEO enthüllt die ganze Warheit über AoC 7. Jahrestagsevent.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU8g3s76oa4

Quote Originally Posted by beacor11 View Post
    There is even no big difference in population between Crom and Fury.
    rofl

During US prime time he's right, The population difference between both servers is negligible, But on EU prime time I would guess crom has significantly more active players than Fury. I play during Us prime time (7pm est, 12 am GMT and later) and whenever i log to crom to see if anything is going on it's usually just as dead. No minigames, no raids, definitely no world pvp. and little to no global chatter.

What we need is an influx of more North American players on both servers. The ratio of EU to NA is drastic. Why can't we get more NA players to play this game?

What would really be great is if they just merged everyone to one server and gave two instances for every zone, Pvp enabled and PVe only. Seems to me that this is the only real solution to our current problems. I know this likely will not happen but it should. And anyone on Crom who is worried about global trolls from Fury I wouldn't worry. most of those went to Crom awhile ago. Fury is rather tame in global these days.
    Last edited by Spreadicus; 8th September 2017 at 15:08.
    Live Twitch Stream - Fury PvP - US East Coast Prime Time - Rated MA

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadicus View Post
    During US prime time he's right, The population difference between both servers is negligible, But on EU prime time I would guess crom has significantly more active players than Fury. I play during Us prime time (7pm est, 12 am GMT and later) and whenever i log to crom to see if anything is going on it's usually just as dead. No minigames, no raids, definitely no world pvp. and little to no global chatter.

What we need is an influx of more North American players on both servers. The ratio of EU to NA is drastic. Why can't we get more NA players to play this game?

What would really be great is if they just merged everyone to one server and gave two instances for every zone, Pvp enabled and PVe only. Seems to me that this is the only real solution to our current problems. I know this likely will not happen but it should. And anyone on Crom who is worried about global trolls from Fury I wouldn't worry. most of those went to Crom awhile ago. Fury is rather tame in global these days.
    It would be bad to do any kind of merger. It always is. Not just in AoC but in any MMO. What a Merger does positive is that it immediately increases the population of the merged server. What you may not realize is that historically the population drops in six months to a year to just slightly more than what the largest populated server was pre-merge. Ever server has a culture. When you merge, there is a culture clash. Over time, people will either adapt to the dominate culture or leave. Some people from the dominate culture will be so frustrated with the "new" culture attempting to come in that they will leave.

Besides all that, Funcom will probably never put the time and resources needed to do a merge. Look how long it took to get Rage merged into Fury. Creating any kind code change to allow PvP and non PvP instances will never happen.

My best guess ids that the fate of the two remaining servers is that they will bot continue on as they are until such a time as the combined population is what Rage was at the time it was merged to fury. Then it is lights out for both.

Quote Originally Posted by Roddam View Post

My best guess ids that the fate of the two remaining servers is that they will bot continue on as they are until such a time as the combined population is what Rage was at the time it was merged to fury. Then it is lights out for both.
    Anarchy Online servers are going on 17-years ~ FUNCOM isn't known to shut down games entirely.

AoC is a PvE game where the majority of PvP players exploit & then troll each other in chat. Ultimately, if you merged the servers; PvE would be the "culture" to win out. PvP levels are only good for vanity gear these days. There are so many other, well polished PvP games out there to chose from ~ I'd make an "adult rated" comment here but the MODs get text messages on their phones when I post ~ so I'll refrain; due to anticipated editing.
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

I'm pretty sure we would all get along just fine the same as we do now. Mustaine says that all pvpers are exploiters and trolls. This just tells me he knows nothing much like Jon Snow. Edit by Anzu: You do know better.
    Last edited by Anzu; 9th September 2017 at 18:57.

Edit by Anzu: As you do.
    Last edited by Anzu; 9th September 2017 at 18:57.
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

Edit by Anzu: So if you want to discuss this further, do so in private.
    Last edited by Anzu; 9th September 2017 at 18:58.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustaine View Post
    the MODs get text messages on their phones when I post ~ so I'll refrain; due to anticipated editing.
    I merely read the forums twice a day.
    Short cuts make long delays.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast