Thread: Restarting with a DT, first steps to PvP

Default Restarting with a DT, first steps to PvP

Hey everyone!

After six years fooling around, I came back to AoC three weeks ago. I started a fresh toon (a DT on Crom) and before diving into Khitai and endgame contents I need some advices. Short introduction: I'm a casual player, mostly interested in PvP (don't plan to raid, don't want to bother farming dungeons), perfectly noob regarding DT mechanics. Without further do, here are (some of) my questions:

Which factions should I join? I take a look at the armory and some old threads. I guess I go for Last Legion protection set with some Tiger's gears. That makes sense? I assume T2 PvP set is better than any Khitai set, but as I remember PvP levels take forever to obtain.

Which weapon should I go for? For the moment, I run a Sword and Shield template for survivability. Ibis and others endgame weapons are not options. I have no idea what I should do. Buying a blue one handed blunt weapon or a blue sword, until I reach level 4 in a secondary faction or PvP level 3?

Regarding AA and gameplay. Yes, I know: Void of Madness, now! It's not clear in my mind what it is or how it works, but I trust people saying it changes everything. Nevertheless I will have to tag in minies without it for a month. I don't care about K/D ratio or being a little bit bullied by vet’ and stuff like that (and that’s a good thing, I’m aware I will have to learn the hard way), but I would prefer not being absolutely useless to my team. Have you any combos and spells tips, any up-to-date pedagogic materials, any advices on classes to target/to run away from? Of course I know about about Sidar's guide and some old topics on the DT forums, but I have no clue if I should follow them.

Last point, a bit off-topic. In what condition is the PvP scene on Crom? Are there cool-minded PvP-oriented guilds or communities out there, with which I can (re)learn the game and having fun? (Again, I’ve already looked at the dedicated forum section and used the in game tool, but I don’t have any means to know which infos are up-to-date).

Hope you don't mind my rough english,

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by feylornsathis View Post
    Hey everyone!

After six years fooling around, I came back to AoC three weeks ago. I started a fresh toon (a DT on Crom) and before diving into Khitai and endgame contents I need some advices. Short introduction: I'm a casual player, mostly interested in PvP (don't plan to raid, don't want to bother farming dungeons), perfectly noob regarding DT mechanics. Without further do, here are (some of) my questions:

Which factions should I join? I take a look at the armory and some old threads. I guess I go for Last Legion protection set with some Tiger's gears. That makes sense? I assume T2 PvP set is better than any Khitai set, but as I remember PvP levels take forever to obtain.

Which weapon should I go for? For the moment, I run a Sword and Shield template for survivability. Ibis and others endgame weapons are not options. I have no idea what I should do. Buying a blue one handed blunt weapon or a blue sword, until I reach level 4 in a secondary faction or PvP level 3?

Regarding AA and gameplay. Yes, I know: Void of Madness, now! It's not clear in my mind what it is or how it works, but I trust people saying it changes everything. Nevertheless I will have to tag in minies without it for a month. I don't care about K/D ratio or being a little bit bullied by vet’ and stuff like that (and that’s a good thing, I’m aware I will have to learn the hard way), but I would prefer not being absolutely useless to my team. Have you any combos and spells tips, any up-to-date pedagogic materials, any advices on classes to target/to run away from? Of course I know about about Sidar's guide and some old topics on the DT forums, but I have no clue if I should follow them.

Last point, a bit off-topic. In what condition is the PvP scene on Crom? Are there cool-minded PvP-oriented guilds or communities out there, with which I can (re)learn the game and having fun? (Again, I’ve already looked at the dedicated forum section and used the in game tool, but I don’t have any means to know which infos are up-to-date).

Hope you don't mind my rough English

Thanks!
    Go to fury and join vendetta to have loads of fun in open world pvp! Open world pvp is what makes this game special

Hey everyone!

Hope you don't mind my rough english,

Thanks!
    Welcome back to AOC! I'll try to answer your questions best I can from a PVP stand-point.

1. AA's: You want Decisive strikes + Field of War, CC Break + CC Duration Reduction, VOM. DT is a MASSIVELY crit rating/magic damaged based class, this is why field of war and + crit rating is so important. You also want 3x protection wards, and 3x elusive nature asap.

2. As far as factions, that's all you. Honestly I would skip factions and focus straight on PVP and 6-man dungeons for AA's. You will not use any faction gear in PVP. As a rule of thumb, PVP gear is the best for PVP (weapons may differ).

3. As for weapons you want one called "Blue Iron Hammer" with a gem called Bel's Mirth until PVP 3. At PVP 3, you can buy the PVP weapons. Do it. Buy the PVP T1 1 Handed Wisdom Blunt, and the wisdom shield. Wisdom means both magic damage AND more mana for your mana shield. DT is magic damage.

Additional things:

-PVP levels come faster than ever before. If you are subscribed, you get pvp levels 30% faster. In addition, you get extra tokens and consumable XP potions for winning multiple minigames in a row. You'll find that if you PVP a good amount, you will shoot up in level in no-time.

-Have fun! (I'll write more a bit later).
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

I'd like to point you to this post
    Lerael's Guide

In his build and depending on the mini, you might want to consider speccing Ritualistic Bloodshed to keep up sadism stacks. Though often times your team will be hit enough to keep the stack going.

If you're really serious about the class and game then just buy the T2 gear from the shop. It would take you months to grind everything that it comes with. Unfortunately I think you just missed a sale. Not sure when the next one will be.

Being newer the cards are already heavily stacked against you. A vet may enjoy the challenge of trying to play a cripple through the lower levels but as a newbie it's way too much and many players can't handle it. It's insanely lopsided.

On top of that, you now level faster than you can buy the gear. I'm not saying you'll be max level in a week, I'm saying that you'll be hitting pvp 10 before you've even got a complete T2 set. The T2 set is extremely expensive and it's very frustrating to hitting the upper levels and not having enough currency to buy anything.

Thanks for your answers! Precisely the kind of advices I was looking for.

Fury... Later! All my characters are on the PvP server (except this one), I started all over again to return smoothly into the game. Paying 90euros for a PvP T2 is against my philosophy regarding F2P: I give money when I enjoy the game, not to enjoy the game. I suppose I'm not serious about the class and the game at the moment

Thanks to Usedtissue, I have a sound starting point (much appreciated). I will follow this line. I completely missed Lerael's thread! Very useful infos. You can feed me with more litterature: once familiar with the basis, I could try to understand more complicated mechanics.

See you soon

Thanks for your answers! Precisely the kind of advices I was looking for.

Fury... Later! All my characters are on the PvP server (except this one), I started all over again to return smoothly into the game. Paying 90euros for a PvP T2 is against my philosophy regarding F2P: I give money when I enjoy the game, not to enjoy the game. I suppose I'm not serious about the class and the game at the moment

Thanks to Usedtissue, I have a sound starting point (much appreciated). I will follow this line. I completely missed Lerael's thread! Very useful infos. You can feed me with more litterature: once familiar with the basis, I could try to understand more complicated mechanics.

See you soon
    Hopefully I'll see you online soon. But yeah I'm 100% with you. Do not spend 90 euros on something you can literally get in-game. PVP levels come pretty fast nowadays. If you join the PVP event week with a good group, you can gain 1-2 levels no problem in a few days. Also keep in mind, PVP gear was 100% revamped since you left the game and came back. Now PVP T1 gear is almost the same as PVP T2 and you get it very quickly.

I'll also add another point. I genuinely think it is helpful to start off with a really undergeared character. What being undergeared does is it minimizes your acceptable error gap. Meaning if you make a mistake, you will be aware of it easier and you will die. On the opposite side, a PVP 10 with full gear and AA's has MUCH more room for error and therefore won't realize his errors as much.
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)