Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Those Players Complaining about Funcom adding so many changes.

Question

"Pay to Win"

Okay, so what that is necessary to "win" the game is impossible to obtain without paying real money? I'm not talking about faster, I'm talking about if you don't pay you will NEVER get it and will be at a disadvantage because you can't EVER obtain it no matter how much you play?

Because everyone always says "Oh, this game is so pay to win now!" with free to play games, yet they aren't pay to win... They are pay to level faster. Even Funcom's new Secret World Legends reboot where there are some things that can only be bought with Aurum (the premium currency) still isn't pay to win for one reason... YOU don't have to pay a dime. You can use Marks of Favor to buy Aurum from other players and everything from the premium boxes can be sold on the auction house. Sure, someone has to pay, that's how "Free" games and even your local soup kitchen that gives out free food to the homeless works. That food may be free to the homeless, but it's not free. If somebody doesn't pay, the homeless will not be eating.

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutGrndZer0 View Post
    Okay, so what that is necessary to "win" the game is impossible to obtain without paying real money? I'm not talking about faster, I'm talking about if you don't pay you will NEVER get it and will be at a disadvantage because you can't EVER obtain it no matter how much you play?
    7% crit pots and various others of the strongest available pots, Exiles rune, extra feat builds probably a few more things if I think a bit harder but mostly the first two are extremely pay to win. There is also no way to obtain those trough gameplay at all.

A far worse player with the same gear will do more damage because of absurd stat boosts from expensive pots/rune you have to pay for with your credit card. If that's not the defenition of pay to win I don't know what is.

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutGrndZer0 View Post
    "Pay to Win"

Because everyone always says "Oh, this game is so pay to win now!" with free to play games, yet they aren't pay to win... They are pay to level faster. Even Funcom's new Secret World Legends reboot where there are some things that can only be bought with Aurum (the premium currency) still isn't pay to win for one reason... YOU don't have to pay a dime. You can use Marks of Favor to buy Aurum from other players and everything from the premium boxes can be sold on the auction house. Sure, someone has to pay, that's how "Free" games and even your local soup kitchen that gives out free food to the homeless works. That food may be free to the homeless, but it's not free. If somebody doesn't pay, the homeless will not be eating.
    Im very confused by your definition of p2w, for you its not pay to win if you can get the buyable items by playing? That seems very backwards to me. The general definition of P2w is when you can get unfair advantages by paying (7% potions etc), or use your money to skip challanges and progression but still get the rewards (PVP t2, PVE t3, PVE t5).

You can say that you like the implementation, but dont say its not p2w, its the exact definition of it

Any earnings they make from this game is going to other projects, If you want to finance their next failure, go ahead. They are not spending any money on this game except 1 dev thats updating RF with new shinies when they notice ppl start getting full.
    Last edited by magnum92; 12th August 2017 at 11:17.
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

Quote Originally Posted by magnum92 View Post
    Im very confused by your definition of p2w, for you its not pay to win if you can get the buyable items by playing? That seems very backwards to me. The general definition of P2w is when you can get unfair advantages by paying (7% potions etc), or use your money to skip challanges and progression but still get the rewards (PVP t2, PVE t3, PVE t5).

You can say that you like the implementation, but dont say its not p2w, its the exact definition of it

Any earnings they make from this game is going to other projects, If you want to finance their next failure, go ahead. They are not spending any money on this game except 1 dev thats updating RF with new shinies when they notice ppl start getting full.
    Its Pay to Win only if paying with real money is the only way to get something.
    PvP T2, PvE T3 and PvE T5 are not Pay to Win, you can get them in game having fun, just are idiots that people that skip all for have them instant without challenge, when work for gain it is most if not all the fun (and anycase they have not end to work, there are T3 PVP and T6 PVE again).
    7% crit potion is Pay to Win because you cannot have it in any other way if not paying.
    Exile Rune is pay to win too, thanks the gods and for the Crom's beard, Exile rune cannot be used at the same time as the T5 I use and which I consider to be definitely superior (at least for my classes), ofc my ass burn when i think about PvP players with that OP rune!

Anyway, IMHO, except for the damn potions and the rune, the game is, in my opinion, rather generous in free content, especially compared to other games I've seen around.
    You can be full AA (though if slower), to be full PVP T3 (maximum allowed), full PvE T5 weapons and rune included, PvE T6 weapons and helmet included, except for chest and pants. Dragonspine has been gifted, SC and RF rings, legendary cape for all ... in the end an F2P can really do so much, much like most other games I've seen around. In SWG the f2p are limited even in vanity and chat, there are missing the most basic game components and even the GUI, f2p are limited to a skill bar while the premium can add up to 2 additional bars.
    Last edited by zujilin; 14th August 2017 at 08:09.
    Victory or Death

Quote Originally Posted by zujilin View Post
    Its Pay to Win only if paying with real money is the only way to get something.
    PvP T2, PvE T3 and PvE T5 are not Pay to Win, you can get them in game having fun, just are idiots that people that skip all for have them instant without challenge, when work for gain it is most if not all the fun (and anycase they have not end to work, there are T3 PVP and T6 PVE again).
    For me its not that simple, I consider it pay to win if players obtaining t5 sets couldnt have gotten it without their creditcard. Lets face it, atm players that wouldnt even contribute in a t2 raid, running around with t5 sets.

T1 skilled player using creditcard to avoid the challange of t5, to insta get t5 gear = pay 2 win.
    Last edited by magnum92; 14th August 2017 at 10:15.

[Youtube Channel]

For me its not that simple, I consider it pay to win if players obtaining t5 sets couldnt have gotten it without their creditcard. Lets face it, atm players that wouldnt even contribute in a t2 raid, running around with t5 sets.

T1 skilled player using creditcard to avoid the challange of t5, to insta get t5 gear = pay 2 win.
    There arent so much T5 geared around with credit card as you think, at difference of T3 instant buy, you have to open tons of lottery chests and you have as 1 chance on 10000 to gain 60 relic for buy ONE item, probably around there is some lucky player wearing one or two T5 pieces but nothing more. They havent access to the Rune (that need achievement T5 for be buyed) and onestly, T5 gear is ****. Infact i continue to think, btw, that T5 need some fix on fight and gear. Only reason for do T5 now as now, is for fun of challenge and the rune, on most of classes the T4 is better (on conqueror, on BS, on demo just for do some example) and in few case, T5 is better, is really a ridiculous upgrade, for example barbarian = Armor + 18, DPS + 0,89, Hit + 12, critical + 3, critical damage + 13 BUT undeserving people go around dressed in full T4 (often wrong, i saw one BS geared full ranger T4 and I wanted to get my eyes out of the orbits) are the grinders RF 24/24 7/7 so, see around any player full T4 with one or two T5 that is not able to do one combo and do white hits ... not upset me more then see people just full T4 in everywhere!
    Victory or Death

Quote Originally Posted by zujilin View Post
    There arent so much T5 geared around with credit card as you think, at difference of T3 instant buy, you have to open tons of lottery chests and you have as 1 chance on 10000 to gain 60 relic for buy ONE item, probably around there is some lucky player wearing one or two T5 pieces but nothing more. They havent access to the Rune (that need achievement T5 for be buyed) and onestly, T5 gear is ****. Infact i continue to think, btw, that T5 need some fix on fight and gear. Only reason for do T5 now as now, is for fun of challenge and the rune, on most of classes the T4 is better (on conqueror, on BS, on demo just for do some example) and in few case, T5 is better, is really a ridiculous upgrade, for example barbarian = Armor + 18, DPS + 0,89, Hit + 12, critical + 3, critical damage + 13 BUT undeserving people go around dressed in full T4 (often wrong, i saw one BS geared full ranger T4 and I wanted to get my eyes out of the orbits) are the grinders RF 24/24 7/7 so, see around any player full T4 with one or two T5 that is not able to do one combo and do white hits ... not upset me more then see people just full T4 in everywhere!
    I know, its not like the whole server is running around with t5, doesnt change my opinion tho. You shouldnt be able to buy gear from the highest challanging tier ingame from the shop.

Yeah T5 is a wierd tier, like you say some classes gear down by taking it. And its infair because some classes benefit alot, like Guardian for example. Most of the smallpieces is better then t6, most of em have 1% hate. For example the hands have both crit, hitrating and 1% hate.

[Youtube Channel]

I know, its not like the whole server is running around with t5, doesnt change my opinion tho. You shouldnt be able to buy gear from the highest challanging tier ingame from the shop.

Yeah T5 is a wierd tier, like you say some classes gear down by taking it. And its infair because some classes benefit alot, like Guardian for example. Most of the smallpieces is better then t6, most of em have 1% hate. For example the hands have both crit, hitrating and 1% hate.
    FYI FUNCOM ~ I'd pull out the credit card to buy some T6. Been saying it for years; you gave me T3 via credit card. NOW just go one step further & give me the ability to pay you for T6. Please and thank you.

"Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Quote Originally Posted by Mustaine View Post
    FYI FUNCOM ~ I'd pull out the credit card to buy some T6. Been saying it for years; you gave me T3 via credit card. NOW just go one step further & give me the ability to pay you for T6. Please and thank you.

A few people have already done it with T5. Pay $1000+ (USD) and keep the funcom servers alive for those that still play.
    Fascists Under New ****s Order of Montreal's marketing team should really make a massive effort to advertise their pay to suck in T5 gear and become an UBER raid finder.

Just ****ing ban me again please.

LOL

anzu; in future please remove what I said in the following individuals posted quote. Don't make me ban you for being a baddie.
    Last edited by Silentravens; 16th August 2017 at 09:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Silentravens View Post
    A few people have already done it with T5. Pay $1000+ (USD) and keep the funcom servers alive for those that still play.
    Fascists Under New ****s Order of Montreal's marketing team should really make a massive effort to advertise their pay to suck in T5 gear and become an UBER raid finder.

Just ****ing ban me again please.
    Dont bother hes just a boring troll.

[Youtube Channel]

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234