Thread: Made a Bunch of Gems...

Default Made a Bunch of Gems...

...now what?

I see some armor in my inventory that have slots for Yellow gems. How do you put them in there?

I'm guessing that I need Armorsmith, but, unfortunately, I picked Weaponsmith for my second crafting skill - and, that's been a waste, since it seems Prospector is needed to get the materials to make weapons.

My experience in crafting came from UO where players can set up stores to sell anything they have, including resources. In that game, I can just buy what I need. I thought AoC worked the same way - big mistake.

So, unless I can drop Weaponsmith and add Armorsmith, it seems having gems is a waste of time and space.

What do I do?

You don't need any special skill to put a gem into an item. Just drag and drop it into the slot of the selected item.
    However the gem should be compatible with the slot and the item. some gems are only for weapons and some only for armor.
    You just have to pick the gem and put on top of the item in your inventory. When you do this you have to be dismounted. You cannot add a gem when you are on a mount.

Also, while dragging the gem, a green + sign will appear on the items that can equip that gem. If it doesn't appear, it means that somehow the gem is not compatible. For example, the lvl 80 gems often are for weapons only.
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

It should be noted

1) you cant gem an item you have equipped. Has to be in your inventory
    2) you cant be mounted. (you cant do many things when you are mounted).
    Rogue Angels Guild Leader and Progression Raid Leader
    http://rogueangels.guildlaunch.com

Tmanku 80 Guard | Tmanil 80 ToS | Tmanosu 80 DT | Tmanbank 80 BS | Tmanfu 80 Demo | Tmanwu 80 Ranger | Tmanpope 80 PoM | Tmanpointy 80 Sin | Tmanbarb 80 Barb | Tmanfire 80 HoX | Tmannecro 80 Necro | Tmanblade 80 Conq | Tmanlite 80 Guard | Tmantosjr 80 Tos | Tmandemojr 80 Demo | Tmanthethird Saga Guard

Quote Originally Posted by ckirmser View Post
    I'm guessing that I need Armorsmith, but, unfortunately, I picked Weaponsmith for my second crafting skill - and, that's been a waste, since it seems Prospector is needed to get the materials to make weapons.

My experience in crafting came from UO where players can set up stores to sell anything they have, including resources. In that game, I can just buy what I need.

First, you can learn all six gathering professions along with two crafting professions.

Second, you can buy pretty much whatever you need to craft things. Search the trader under Tradeskill Resources for the mats for any recipe and you'll likely find them listed. (Higher tier and rare craft mats will probably be pricey.) Anything not listed on the trader is likely the mat for each recipe that is typically bought from the tradeskill merchant in the resource zones or guild city vendors.

Quote Originally Posted by Amabala View Post
    First, you can learn all six gathering professions along with two crafting professions.

Second, you can buy pretty much whatever you need to craft things. Search the trader under Tradeskill Resources for the mats for any recipe and you'll likely find them listed. (Higher tier and rare craft mats will probably be pricey.) Anything not listed on the trader is likely the mat for each recipe that is typically bought from the tradeskill merchant in the resource zones or guild city vendors.
    you just can't compare open ended sandbox crafting (UO) and cookie cutter theme park crafting system (aoc) however he will just need to learn the restrictions and the limited use of crafting in this game.