Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fury - Global

Default Fury - Global

Over the past 9 years I find myself always coming back to AOC because it's honestly just a great game, not perfect, but really special (IMHO) in the gaming world. There's a lot of content and historically the majority of players have been great people. After being gone for awhile (2 years?) I was pretty excited to relearn how to play, like I do every time there's a long break. I've never been the "best" at PvP or PvE, but find I'm not normally an embarrassment either [eventually]. Looking forward to connecting with the current player base, getting plugged into Open World PvP, and some group PvE. After being back a couple weeks I can confidently say things have changed.

Wow! I recognize this is not a surprise to many people after reading the forums but the Global chat is a hot mess. The volume of QQ, crude vulgar personal attacks, and overall SPAM is impressive/repulsive. You only need to read Global to clearly see part of the reason for Fury's low population. And the argument "it's a mature content game for adults" holds no water in what appears to me often times to be "anonymous" cyber bullying. Plus let's be honest adults do not speak to each other, particularly random strangers, the way many of these players do.

It's astounding to me that Funcom does nothing to curtail the volume of this even if it's just out of the business's self interest. Imagine a new player tries this game for the first time on Fury and sees that Global chat. My guess is at least 90% dislike what they read and many of them likely quit playing. Or say a player from Crom comes over to try Fury (this has occurred since I've been back) to experience our PvP...well they came to the wrong place because there is no help and zero patience for that. Instead expect to be blasted non-stop in Global.

I've got a high tolerance for language and am no saint myself but it's to the point even I've had to start placing the offensively ignorant and immature on Ignore. Sad to see such a once great server reduced to this ugly shadow. I do often find myself traveling Open World alone and not coming across anyone to fight outside of the daily PvP quest zone, but have not resigned myself to that great PvP retirement home in the sky (Crom) yet.

Maybe as a community we can get the server refocused in a positive light and looking towards building up the population. Or maybe not...
    Last edited by fath3r; 12th June 2017 at 16:54.
    "He who knows best knows how little he knows." -Thomas Jefferson
    Ausler was created on 11 July 2008/Alisaut was created on 25 July 2008

Arrow Funcom cant change players, players wont change their behaviour

Absolutely true and cant disagree with any of your points, theyre facts ... but what do you expect now? Any changes? We will get the "Or maybe not..."

This pathetic community just get overrated by their comments in the global where they need to offend others, insult others or posting youtubevids to expose other players. Its a sick community with much retarded players nobody needs. Or maybe funcom need their money so far..... "Or maybe not... "

On Crom it's the same, a few notable PvP jerks that constantly spam their K/D in the chat and calling out others. Most people probably have them on ignore but I don't ignore them because it's totally funny seeing them spamming their **** for 10 minutes straight without getting any response.
    Did you ever play Overwatch? If you have seen the people there you will know what a bad community is. There is nothing but crying and stuff like that.

I started AOC on the main pvp server: every time Funcom 'merged' servers the pvp global chat seemed to get more profanity and immaturity.

And a lot of the troll language on Crom now is based on pvpers vs pveers

The lack of respect and global help was not the main reason I moved all my characters to pve but it certainly wasn't on my lists of reasons to stay on a pvp server

Right now Fury has been in the best state since years ago. We have been doing pve and (somewhat) friendly pvp. As for the *******s who think they are good who say they have a 10-1 k/d but run in the water every time they get below 90%... just ignore them. I'm sure they drive a lot of new players off, but don't let them drive you off.
    United S.E.X.Y. Boys
    Fury PVP

Nickolous - pvp 10 necro
    Willows pvp 7 sin
    Chicke pvp 6 dt

Best DOTer, DWWer, and DOOMer in fury

I notice these kinds of threads and the supporters of them are the same **** stains who cheat in game and are getting tired of being pointed out.
    Don't cheat, chat will get better.

Quote Originally Posted by Solareus View Post
    I notice these kinds of threads and the supporters of them are the same **** stains who cheat in game and are getting tired of being pointed out.
    I've never been called out in Global for any type of "cheating" nor poor sportsmanship but this type of response is a big part of the problem. Calling people names because they don't like the current status quo on the server is counterproductive. My experience has been there is a lot more finger pointing than real cheating going on. But if there is a cheating problem then let's address that specific exploiter rather than spamming random insults in global.
    Last edited by fath3r; 13th June 2017 at 02:21.
    "He who knows best knows how little he knows." -Thomas Jefferson
    Ausler was created on 11 July 2008/Alisaut was created on 25 July 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Solareus View Post
    It's that kind of attitude that leads to toxicity. If you see a cheater, take a video and send it into FC (and petition it). I literally have a folder of saved screenshots on my old rig of people calling me out for cheating on global and/or tells. Sometimes, people have to realize that while cheating does occur, not every instance of action that you don't understand isn't cheating.

For instance, a week ago I was called out on my Barb for having "speed hacks". While playing JS... while I had Arcane Marauder + 5% Rogue buff + that random tornado icon buff that you get from running into the golden totems. So not to derail the thread, but a lot of cheat accusations on both servers are made by those who simply don't know any better.

On another note, I pretty much agree with everything fath3r is saying.
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Quote Originally Posted by fath3r View Post
    I've never been called out in Global for any type of "cheating" nor poor sportsmanship but this type of response is a big part of the problem. Calling people names because they don't like the current status quo on the server is counterproductive. My experience has been there is a lot more finger pointing than real cheating going on. But if there is a cheating problem then let's address that specific exploiter rather than spamming random insults in global.
    Solarium (formerly Utogi on forums) is a fool. Ignore him at best. Everyone who beats him is a cheater. Problem is that just everyone beats him
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Global sucks as much as people suck in this game, also I think crom pve vs pve global fights are even worse than pvp vs pvp:ers fight.
    because pvp v pvp:er is like male vs male, while when pve:ers bitch in global its like dumb blonde chicks arguing who has better nail polish
    The Law

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast