Thread: Cooldowns can be different for players from the same group

Default Cooldowns can be different for players from the same group

So, I was doing Slithering Chaos with one of my characters and joined another players group, a few hours later my character still had 39 minutes of cooldown but somehow the other player (whose group I joined before) was able to form another group already, I asked him if he still had cooldown but he replied with "no". That makes me wonder, did Funcom even mess up the cooldown system? I mean, there are already a lot of known bugs, like creating a group with a few seconds cooldown left, entering and then having a bugged copy of the dungeon for another hour or so or getting into different instances without any reason.

Anyways, I saw this happen a few more times in the last few days and I tried to recreate it with one of my guildmembers and it actually worked. Somehow I sometimes got a "lower" cooldown than he and sometimes he got a "lower" cooldown than me. Yes, thats totally weird and I don't know how it happens: Once the dungeon is finished we both have the same cooldown but for some reasons sometimes it happens that one player runs out of the cooldown faster than the other. I couldn't find out what caused it (like logging out instantly, staying logged in, doing other dungeons, logging in with other characters) because it did not always happen.
    Has this happened to anyone else too?

You get lockdown from first boss kill you do in instance. So, if somene joins for last boss kill 10 minutes later, then his lockdown will be over 10 minutes later.

The people with whom I did the dungeons did not join later / earlier or something like that, we started and finished the dungeons at the same time.

The instance timer starts soon as someone enters the intance. The timer shown on the client side can vary due to different things much like food buff timers out of sync

Quote Originally Posted by xxevinityxx View Post
    The instance timer starts soon as someone enters the intance. The timer shown on the client side can vary due to different things much like food buff timers out of sync
    The cooldown starts once a person enters? Whenever I look up the locked dungeons the timer always starts once a boss is killed, before that there is no cooldown on the instance.

Evinity is right. Enter a dungeon, you will get a message like " The owner of the instance is Someone. It will reset in 4h. " and cooldown starts ticking down. But you get bound only if you kill a boss there.
    Hungry Bear.
    Chamacappa - Happyshamie - Sekmheth - Oyako - Nexoxcho - and an other dozen of cripples !

So for example: I go inside, form a group and it takes almost 3 hours, the cooldown then would only be half an hour? And the boss kill resets this?

if you enter alone before forming the group, your group will never be able to join your instance.
    boss kills do not affect the cooldown.
    Last edited by Cappa; 12th June 2017 at 13:57.
    Hungry Bear.
    Chamacappa - Happyshamie - Sekmheth - Oyako - Nexoxcho - and an other dozen of cripples !