Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another returning player with a few questions

Default Another returning player with a few questions

I came back with the 9 year anniversary incentive. Unlocked a slot, started a Ranger, and was having enough fun I re-upped. I then unlocked all my old toons, and discovered to my great dismay my town had vanished. I built that GOMER with my own hands, almost to T2 solo, so as you can imagine that was a metric ton of work. Did they do a wipe of some sort over the last few years?

Also, looking to have fun with a bunch of folks, for an active guild that would not mind an idjit relearning toons. For now I'll stick with my Ranger as I relearn the ropes, but I have a Demo, Necro, Conq, and ToS that I could try to relearn if needed.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Lecivius View Post
    I came back with the 9 year anniversary incentive. Unlocked a slot, started a Ranger, and was having enough fun I re-upped. I then unlocked all my old toons, and discovered to my great dismay my town had vanished. I built that GOMER with my own hands, almost to T2 solo, so as you can imagine that was a metric ton of work. Did they do a wipe of some sort over the last few years?

Also, looking to have fun with a bunch of folks, for an active guild that would not mind an idjit relearning toons. For now I'll stick with my Ranger as I relearn the ropes, but I have a Demo, Necro, Conq, and ToS that I could try to relearn if needed.

Thanks!
    Was the rest of your guild identity intact? Same guild name? Guild bank still had items? It didn't look like you account had been hacked or anything? An no one else has/had permissions to the guild for them to try and f*** things up? Also, how long ago did you last see your city, and what server was it at the time? I don't believe there have been any guild city wipes, but a server merge may have had extra issues.

You probably need to submit a petition where you will be told you are s.o.l.

Yeah, guild is still there on my toon, just no town. Sorta hurt, seeing all those stumps

A petition will be your only slim hope, but I don't expect you will like the response.

Well, I got a super fast reply to my request. I just gave them all the details. I agree, not much hope, but we'll see

Have you spoken to a City Steward and asked to be ported to your guild city? Or used your path of Comrades?

After every server merge, I discovered that all the toons I had logged in my guild city were now simply in the wrong instance number for my guild city. The instances were changed - and after the Euro-North America merge, even the cities were moved in some way. Seeing a different instance number, meant I was looking at someone else's city. Once I used my Path of Comrades, I found my own city again, completely intact.

I got an email to open a ticket in game, which I did. then a GM got to me within 15 minutes & said it was lost due to a server consolidation, and I was SOL because space was needed. This, while my toon was standing among the stub ruins of my previous city. I am industrially bummed. That was a metric butt tonne of work to have lost so casually. Ah well, maybe I can find a guild that will have a town so I can get crafting resources like string (or has that changed, so you don't need a town anymore?).

I got an email to open a ticket in game, which I did. then a GM got to me within 15 minutes & said it was lost due to a server consolidation, and I was SOL because space was needed. This, while my toon was standing among the stub ruins of my previous city. I am industrially bummed. That was a metric butt tonne of work to have lost so casually. Ah well, maybe I can find a guild that will have a town so I can get crafting resources like string (or has that changed, so you don't need a town anymore?).
    You can buy craft mats from the trades merchant in the town of any generic version of a resource zone. However, you'll still need a guild with tier 3 crafting buildings if you wish to craft the higher levels of gear.

And I guess I now know what happened to the guild that was my neighbor from launch until the Euro-NA merge; it's gone poof like yours has. Until that merge, my city shared a zone with a guild/city called Militis Invicta (they were around until late 2008, then I never saw anyone); after the merge it was a completely different city - name unknown, I've never seen anyone in it, so have no idea whose it is.

I'm sorry for your loss. I, too, have built my city solo and know how challenging - yet satisfying - it is to build a city solo.
    Last edited by Amabala; 31st May 2017 at 15:05.

Isn't it possible for a GM to compensate you?

Quote Originally Posted by Signum666 View Post
    Isn't it possible for a GM to compensate you?
    lol.

Not only is there likely no way to "prove" he had the city (they probably deleted all data backups and/or GMs can't access it), but the GMs these days can do so little even if you would think it should be a simple task.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast