Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: About "Balance"

not gonna dispute that a tos can kill all, but it's a consistency thing. plus, good duel toses are a rarity. so before I would rank it over conq/bs/demo I'd like to see a tos go >50% winrate over any of the classes in the long run. it's super harsh to duel on tos... conq resists one quicksand, which happens all the time, and you're in trouble. demo that knows to avoid PotSR and static blood, super trouble. bear shaman in any decent spec: silence or iron hide or general with healing spirit + prot, super trouble.

just the fact BS has a super strong winrate vs. conq puts it over the tos imo (carnage conq can't kill bs in my experience, but maybe sometime we can put it to the test, sanagav)
    Last edited by Lurvi; 27th May 2017 at 15:54.

Your point of view of coils tos makes it blury for you , Clever use of Fangs +constriction destroy any class .
    Шторм-кнут

even Ensifer barely held 50% winrate vs. my bs with constriction, and I was not even on silence spec. and I was playing like **** at the time, though it might have been Ensi's crazy jukes <3

it's the same as my demo problematic. one good play, be it a lucky crit or whatever and the tos dies. but it might change with 2x decked out RF rings, and maybe demo and tos will claim the top in my eyes aswell.

(though you're right. abuse of fangs snare removal + constriction is underutilized, but it's because no toses spam duels, on Crom atleast)

good thing I don't have to defend toses for being able to kill in duels, which is what I had to spend my forum time on a couple of years ago
    Last edited by Lurvi; 29th May 2017 at 15:04.

Just popping in here really quick, but the people that are saying Barb is low are wrong. That being said I do somewhat understand. I feel there's certain classes that simply aren't played correctly any more (Barb specifically).

Example: I made a Barb using the free 80 offer. (Usedcar, Crom) He's like 1-2 weeks old and I'm PVP4. With only level 2-3 AA's and PVP4 gear I have gotten a 2:1 W/L CTF ratio, 3:1 W/L sag ratio, and never lost a TT. I feel like Barb is extremely powerful but it is played incorrectly by so many people these days. So often I have seen barbs going duel wield or Decap spec. It's simply a waste.

A Barbs weapon is not his 2HE/HB, it's his team and his tools are his CC's. Nothing more. A mobile CC platform that's only objective is harassing the enemy team and CC'ing everyone until they rage. People play barb like he is a killer, he is not. Your team is your weapon, unleash them.

Here's the classes as they sit in my opinion: (THE FOLLOWING ASSUMES PVP 10 GEAR/FULL AA'S AND CORRECTLY PLAYED CLASS IN MINIGAMES)

God Tier:

Conq: I believe that a correctly played Brute Conq is the most powerful team player in the game. There is no other class in the game that has so much utility and ability to change the game. A well played Brute Conq will rarely die, rarely give up the flag, has ridiculous CC's, has ridiculous bubbles and if played right can change the tide like no other class can.

DT: Like Conq a well played DT (This means they actually use magic damage as their weapon. So often do I see nabs with high PVP level DT's run the melee damage weapon like scrubs) is one of the most devastating classes in-game. There's no other class that can really take on a 1 vs. 3 battle and have it genuinely be close. Moderate CC power, ridiculous damage to survivability ratio and it has the ability to take on a one-sided numbers battle like no other class in-game can.

S Tier:

Demo: A well played Demo (honestly VERY rare on Crom these days) can have massive effects on team fights. One of the greatest CCers in-game, the best AOE damage, great survivability for a clothie and can duel with the best of the classes. They are fast, mobile and provide decent team buffs as well. WOF is retarded OP also.

Pom: A well played Pom can turn the tide of battle. Best healer in my opinion as it matches the best survivability with good burst damage and some crazy CC's. Best team health buff (500 health makes a difference). Can be very mobile and has some very powerful AOE CC's. I want a good Pom on my team above any other healer (argument could be made for the others however).

Hox: Hox's are probably the easiest class to provide absolute ludicrous AOE cone damage to a team fight in the majority of situations. A good Hox is pretty tanky when morphed, has crazy damage and the HFB interrupt is probably one of the best skills in-game imo. A PVP 10 hox can absolutely devastate a team fight if given the chance.

A Tier:

BS: This is a hard class to place, but I do not think BS is in S tier solely because it's a hard class to play with a lot of micromanagement. This means that the average player won't be able to play at an S tier level, and while there's obviously some that play above that (Tyyrbear is the best example I can think of), it's placed lower because you simply don't see those players around anymore. An extremely good team-fight class. You want BS in any melee heavy comp. I literally feel like a god when I am fighting alongside a good BS in team fights. Reason BS doesn't rank higher is because he requires a good weapon to output solid burst DPS like Sogoth or PVP T2/T3 Blunt.

Barb: I've said enough about this but a well played barb is retarded. A mobile CC platform that runs around at lightspeed providing decent enough burst DPS with the team protection that comes with his CC's.

Necro: Necro is a class that shines in pugs against teams that aren't organized. In a premade setting or a setting with people who know what they're doing, there's few classes that can be killed as fast as a necro can. That being said they can provide ridiculous burst DPS and keep a team held down by slower recover times. Obviously Usedtissue is my main class and Necro is my bread and butter, but I don't believe Necro to have as much effect on a fight as a demo can.

B Tier:

Tos: Tos is a hard class to place as well. Those like Ensifer play at a much higher level. But I feel that TOS is a B tier character simply because there's no class that can be burnt down as fast as TOS in pre-mades. They can do great DPS, but they require some start up time to do so and they have to stay still to do so. They also provide the worst heals/team buffs of all the healers, which is why I place TOS lower in a team based setting.

Gaurd: The worst of the soldiers but still a great class. Basically cannot be CC'd and has some decent burst DPS with polearm. I don't place this class higher because it simply does not have the game changing effect as the other soldiers.

Sin: Sin is a B tier class because it does not provide a team with enough utility, but most of all sin does not having the staying power to be in a team fight for very long. This is the class design. Sin is a hit and run character and it is very good at that, but once you're CC breaks and resists are gone, you can be melted by melee's very quick.

F Tier:

Ranger: Rangers are trash. They give zero team utility. There's no class in-game that I am more disappointed at having on my team then a ranger.
    Last edited by Usedtissue; 7th June 2017 at 01:48.
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Default Just in regards to duels

In regards to Tos in duels, I have to say. I always found bear shamans the hardest next to assassins who know what they're doing of course.and a good conq ( and only one comes to mind) can steamroll me. All other conqs are trash.

Poms are a good duel too, but ultimately they lost to me. akin to watching paint dry though..

rangers are easy 95% of the time thanks to fangs

guards=2 ez

dts it depends

necros it depends but i usually win. dots are retarded tho.

same with demos but few demos can spank me(looking at you anatu)

hoxes not so bad in a duel but mechanno was a pain

barbs? depends on the barb i guess 50/50

tos vs tos? good fights and very competitive. also cna be like watching paint dry.

that's my take on tos duels and i spent years dueling in the pit.
    Live Twitch Stream - Fury PvP - US East Coast Prime Time - Rated MA

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    F Tier:

Ranger: Rangers are trash. They give zero team utility. There's no class in-game that I am more disappointed at having on my team then a ranger.
    Is this sarcastic? In my opinion to have a ranger in group is only trash because there are very few rangers who know how to play this class. Most rangers stand far away from battle and just pew pew their dps, use their uber cc only for themselve to escape, nothing is more important than the k/d ratio... they have already uber cc not using the melee cc, what 90% of ranger will never use because IF they witch to melee then only to escape with more survivability with shield. When I was still active with ranger I tend to be in close fight, what might not be best for my k/d ratio but I can use all uber cc for the team. AOE knockback with trap, AOE root with trap, knockback with snare... ranger has really the most op cc- line, even far better than a pom has. A well played ranger can be devestating. And even in close fight playstyle you can have easily 3:1 kd ratio at least.

btw... u are good barb Didnt know that this is u, I still know u from law on fury.
    Last edited by beacor11; 7th June 2017 at 07:29.
    Bendowill (Ranger) / Liangxiao (BS)
    Gjalskia (DT) / Beacor (BS, Saga)

I've seen so few properly played rangers over the last few years that I can see where he's coming from. They definitely have amazing CCs and some good burst potential, single target only and no splash though.

I definitely hate to see rangers on my team in pugs (I don't mind on the other team as long as I'm not playing a clothie because they'll be free kills 99% of the time).
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    Just popping in here really quick, but the people that are saying Barb is low are wrong. That being said I do somewhat understand. I feel there's certain classes that simply aren't played correctly any more (Barb specifically).

Example: I made a Barb using the free 80 offer. (Usedcar, Crom) He's like 1-2 weeks old and I'm PVP4. With only level 2-3 AA's and PVP4 gear I have gotten a 2:1 W/L CTF ratio, 3:1 W/L sag ratio, and never lost a TT. I feel like Barb is extremely powerful but it is played incorrectly by so many people these days. So often I have seen barbs going duel wield or Decap spec. It's simply a waste.

A Barbs weapon is not his 2HE/HB, it's his team and his tools are his CC's. Nothing more. A mobile CC platform that's only objective is harassing the enemy team and CC'ing everyone until they rage. People play barb like he is a killer, he is not. Your team is your weapon, unleash them.
    I would not conclude anything playstyle wise based on stats on such a new toon. U got 58 wins in CTL and 40 losses. thats way too small numbers to conclude anything, with luck u could get those stats by being afk. u would need at least 400 minigames played before u can say anything for certain. and expecially now when there is so many fresh lvl 80s playing minigames the balance is pretty non existant so its kinda lottery now if u win or not.
    Also u forgot to mention u have tier 3 craft, which is the best weapon ingame for brute barb
    And that barb is not a killer i disagree, good barb in DW spec can do insane aoe dmg in team fights while also being pretty tanky and mobile and with almost same number off ccs that a zerker barb have. however i agree its not a pure dps class like some others but neglecting the dmg factor of it is gimping yourself imo.

But i agree, decap barb spec is not that good since it realy lacks aoe dps and the singletarget dps is not that great exept for the ocasional burst.
    Last edited by Tyyr; 7th June 2017 at 21:44.
    Raised in Kheshatta.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyyr View Post
    I would not conclude anything playstyle wise based on stats on such a new toon. U got 58 wins in CTL and 40 losses. thats way too small numbers to conclude anything, with luck u could get those stats by being afk. u would need at least 400 minigames played before u can say anything for certain. and expecially now when there is so many fresh lvl 80s playing minigames the balance is pretty non existant so its kinda lottery now if u win or not.
    Also u forgot to mention u have tier 3 craft, which is the best weapon ingame for brute barb
    And that barb is not a killer i disagree, good barb in DW spec can do insane aoe dmg in team fights while also being pretty tanky and mobile and with almost same number off ccs that a zerker barb have. however i agree its not a pure dps class like some others but neglecting the dmg factor of it is gimping yourself imo.

But i agree, decap barb spec is pretty bad since it realy lacks aoe dps and the singletarget dps is not that great exept for the ocasional burst.
    To be honest, the decap atg cheese barb with all the cc's is pretty good in team against cloth heavy team due to the 1 kb 1 kill shot ability. Taking out heavy dps almost instant + cc for teamplay

Quote Originally Posted by -Deukalion- View Post
    To be honest, the decap atg cheese barb with all the cc's is pretty good in team against cloth heavy team due to the 1 kb 1 kill shot ability. Taking out heavy dps almost instant + cc for teamplay
    yeah u are right its not all that bad, it has its uses, one of the biggest advantage it has is its ease of play.
    Raised in Kheshatta.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234