Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: About "Balance"

Necro should be #1
    The Floyd Mayweather of AoC. BIG BALLER BRAND

- Aaids - Dreadsix - Caitlnjenner - Afrojacksin - Ellooell - Etchasketch -

Everything is in order with the balance. It depends on how good you play with your class and how well you know all the other classes.
    In duels some classes have anti-classes. The common background, Guard looks weak 1v1. However for group PvP classes are well-balanced.
    Last edited by Ernests; 23rd May 2017 at 08:32.
    Kattas - 10.PvP, full T6 and full AA demo

Quote Originally Posted by Ernests View Post
    Everything is in order with the balance. It depends on how good you play with your class and how well you know all the other classes.
    In duels some classes have anti-classes. The common background, Guard looks weak 1v1. However for group PvP classes are well-balanced.
    Well balanced? No. If u look only at Kd then maybe, but if u look at team impact and win/loose ratio its not balanced at all. Mainly brute conqs and hox +pom has a much larger impact on teams than the rest of classes.
    Raised in Kheshatta.

I believe that a good tank or healer has it easier to win CTS minis than the rest. Tyyr is right. In CTS the objective is to capture and score, and usually victories only count for stats when you score 2 or 3 times, and, when a team has 3 tanks and the other team has none, or the same situation except with healers, that's just wrong.

I guess my list would be:

1.- Demo.
    2.- Ranger.
    3.- PoM.
    4.- ToS.
    5.- Necro.
    6.- Brute conq.
    7.- BS.
    8.- DT.
    9.- Barb.
    10.- HoX.
    11.- Sin.
    12.- Guard.

I put the ranged classes first because, in my opinion, putting aside the pros and cons of classes, ranged in general have it easier to play than melee, furthermore every month as the lag increases. When I played my ranger for the first time I killed a lot. Of course, ranger is piss easy, but all you have to do as a ranged class is be in range, target and - boom - you don't need to aim, just keep camera more or less centered at your target and that's it. If they come for you, you start running and kite, abuse the lag. When someone gets very good with ranged classes, I think they have the upper hand in the current state of the game. Playing a melee class, especially with short reach, is a pain in the arse, and deserves more credit than any ranged.
    Last edited by Patoson; 23rd May 2017 at 12:19.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyyr View Post
    Well balanced? No. If u look only at Kd then maybe, but if u look at team impact and win/loose ratio its not balanced at all. Mainly brute conqs and hox +pom has a much larger impact on teams than the rest of classes.
    A good brute conq can tear a team apart while having the flag on his back. PoM is probably the overall preferred healer and any healer will naturally have a big winrate due to getting an almost certain win whenever they end up against a team with no healer. Why do you put hox in this category though? Do you feel a hox has a bigger potential than for example a demo/barb which makes them win more then other classes?

I think OP was asking about 1v1 balance which of course doesn't exist and shouldn't exist either.

dont think OP was asking to balance, but just a 1v1 tier list (which can exist)

imo I don't think there's an S tier duel class, if there was a candidate, I would say the conq or demo, but conq can't really kill a BS. and because of this BS is number two over demo.

demo is really high on the list, it might be subject to change with raidfinder rings and more as their damage goes through the roof, but for now a demo has quite even matchups vs. several classes, and if played well, those matchups turn more in the demos favor.

tos could potentially be high on the list, but is shut down by bs, conq, dt, sin, demo and maybe ranger. all these are possible, but it's at a disadvantage, though with eye of the storm + 5 min bubble spec every time, might shift things aswell.
    same thing about hox, with avatar+PC ready. it's possible to win vs. everything, even conqs as vouga has proven.
    then if a DT wanted to do lame draining stuff, it can kill all casters, weakening all casters position in the list aswell (again why I put BS over demo)

while others posted their pug tier list, there is also premade tier list, and in tyyrs defence: here hoxes are very very strong with their near 100% fear and kb resistance, 2 minute phoenix cloak... stack with shield of brilliance from PoM, and it's like godmode. spewing out 3k+ crits, while either dotting or doing 3-4k pillars on top. making it a 100% must kill in most cases, enabling the rest of the team to do as they please.

for pugs and premades pom is number one
    Last edited by Lurvi; 23rd May 2017 at 22:45.

Just a heads up for any demos going to duel dt's with COI, do not use fire spells, you can start by debuffing the dt a little with hell fire stream, after this you should not be touching these spells because. 1. you will lose mana. 2. you will be taking more dmg from retribution than he will from your spell.
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    Why do you put hox in this category though? Do you feel a hox has a bigger potential than for example a demo/barb which makes them win more then other classes?
    I put hox there because almost all their dmg is aoe and if played right it can do incredible dmg on enemy team, especially in premades as Lurvi mentioned its over the top because people fight more together in group there than in pugs therefore aoe has even bigger impact there
    Its also the only class that can use a t5 pve rune for substantial gains in pvp.
    Raised in Kheshatta.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyyr View Post
    I put hox there because almost all their dmg is aoe and if played right it can do incredible dmg on enemy team, especially in premades as Lurvi mentioned its over the top because people fight more together in group there than in pugs therefore aoe has even bigger impact there
    Its also the only class that can use a t5 pve rune for substantial gains in pvp.
    AoE on a single target isn't usually that much. Since the OP was talking specifically about Arena, HoX is low on the list in my opinion.

i know but my post was about team pvp.
    Raised in Kheshatta.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast