Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new beginning?

Default new beginning?

Hello folks,

I've been an ooooold AoC player but I never got to lvl 80 due to school/work etc but now I have the chance to get a pg to 80 for free! so why not coming back?

i'm a melee type so which class do you suggest?
    any server raccomandation (pvp guy over here)?
    any guild that welcome a "newbie"?

btw what's the current population of the game?
    Lately I heard that Funcom in not supporting the game anymore...

Thanks everyone in advance!!

Quote Originally Posted by baka90s View Post
    Hello folks,

I've been an ooooold AoC player but I never got to lvl 80 due to school/work etc but now I have the chance to get a pg to 80 for free! so why not coming back?

i'm a melee type so which class do you suggest?
    any server raccomandation (pvp guy over here)?
    any guild that welcome a "newbie"?

btw what's the current population of the game?
    Lately I heard that Funcom in not supporting the game anymore...

Thanks everyone in advance!!
    Well, welcome (back) to AoC.

hope i can give u a little impression to ur actual questions

- All Tanksclasses, Barb, Sin, Bearshaman und Herold of Xotli are are melees, u can play ranger also as a meleeclass but there would be more disadvantages then playing with (cross-) bow!

- Servers Crom (PvE) or Fury (PvP) - My personal idea of having more Game content on a PvP-Server (Because you could do PvE, openworld-pvp and minis and on a PvE-Server you miss openworldpvp) does not correspond to reality. Crom-PvE is most populated. Fury Community is like a bad joke even the chatconversations on Fury are more worse than population is. So sadly i have to say crom would be the better server if you want to have more content or better to say: more opportunities to use content, because i never see someone doing raids on Fury and PvE groups are rare and soo bad to do with unexperienced and no-class-knowledged people. Minis on Fury you always play against the same 20-30 guys. Some people would say there are more cheaters on Fury than on crom, i cant confirm with that because i dont do as much minigames as a regular pvper does. My opinion there are cheaters everywhere in every game so...deal with it. report them or dont play online games.

- guilds...hm...cant give an advise because i dont know where u come from, what gametimes u have etc so you will 100% have a look on your own. Crom are more than enough guilds but rare of good guilds with rly good players. most are regular players.

- population dont know. comparing both servers, Crom vs. Fury, its like China vs. Belgium. and yes AoC isnt on toplist of funcom. surprisingly Funcom did something this week for AOCs 9th birthday!!! Independingly of that what they give us to the 9th birthday the most of community didnt expect something from them. Its a very good game ... but funcom ... Sadly i can't find any fun on their behaviour towards AoC-members. Only good thing is their ingame-support and....end of story.

Quote Originally Posted by Timaras View Post

- All Tanksclasses, Barb, Sin, Bearshaman und Herold of Xotli are are melees, u can play ranger also as a meleeclass but there would be more disadvantages then playing with (cross-) bow!

- Servers Crom (PvE) or Fury (PvP) - My personal idea of having more Game content on a PvP-Server (Because you could do PvE, openworld-pvp and minis and on a PvE-Server you miss openworldpvp) does not correspond to reality. Crom-PvE is most populated. Fury Community is like a bad joke even the chatconversations on Fury are more worse than population is. So sadly i have to say crom would be the better server if you want to have more content or better to say: more opportunities to use content, because i never see someone doing raids on Fury and PvE groups are rare and soo bad to do with unexperienced and no-class-knowledged people. Minis on Fury you always play against the same 20-30 guys. Some people would say there are more cheaters on Fury than on crom, i cant confirm with that because i dont do as much minigames as a regular pvper does. My opinion there are cheaters everywhere in every game so...deal with it. report them or dont play online games.

- guilds...hm...cant give an advise because i dont know where u come from, what gametimes u have etc so you will 100% have a look on your own. Crom are more than enough guilds but rare of good guilds with rly good players. most are regular players.

- population dont know. comparing both servers, Crom vs. Fury, its like China vs. Belgium. and yes AoC isnt on toplist of funcom. surprisingly Funcom did something this week for AOCs 9th birthday!!! Independingly of that what they give us to the 9th birthday the most of community didnt expect something from them. Its a very good game ... but funcom ... Sadly i can't find any fun on their behaviour towards AoC-members. Only good thing is their ingame-support and....end of story.
    well actually I really love open world pvp so missing that part is kinda sad to me.
    but basically you are telling me that Fury is a **** server with a small population, am I right?
    I'm from siwtzerland so I guess there's some eu english speaking guilds?

btw which class do you sugges to max to lvl 80?

looking wise I think dark templars, conqs and heralds are pretty badass!

I recommend you to not get too excited about AoC.
    If you want ow-pvp go fury but keep in mind that on prime time there is like 40-50 lvl80s online on the whole server. And some of them barely count as their are solo pve players.
    If you want to do pve you better not try it on fury. The outcome will be horrible.

Crom is better population wise, but a boring server full of bot-like people that grind the raid finder 24/7.
    But as you neither get decent gear with that lvl80 boost nor a high amount of AAs (only a few, and even for that you must be premium) you will be nothing but a quick k/d boost for many players.
    On Crom at least you can get some gear and AA through pve.

Don't roll hox, if you are new and have no gear and no AA points you will most likely get completely frustrated rather quick.

I hate to say it, but also hate the new-player-farming-shitbags that are all around. So try barbarian with decap spec. That class has some completely retarded mechanics and with decap + at the gates you have 2 implemented push 2 win buttons.
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Quote Originally Posted by baka90s View Post
    well actually I really love open world pvp so missing that part is kinda sad to me.
    but basically you are telling me that Fury is a **** server with a small population, am I right?
    I'm from siwtzerland so I guess there's some eu english speaking guilds?

btw which class do you sugges to max to lvl 80?

looking wise I think dark templars, conqs and heralds are pretty badass!
    Yes, thats the point i know about missing ow-pvp. i like ow-pvp but still hate (unbalanced) minis.

International servers so yes, primarily people speak english but you can find also russian, german and spanish into chat.

and about meleeclass: there are some disadvantages like ping (servers are in NY if i remember correctly) and in pvp you will feel the laggs and the pain against other players, especially against caster ^^

In my opinion i wouldnt recommend HoX, barb and sin for a new player for pvp ^^ but it depends on your gamingstyle and how much pain you can endure to choose your class.

alright then - I will roll a pg on Crom.

honestly I'm not attracted by both classes...I'll think about it.
    Dark templar and conqueror is what I'd like to roll.

are sins the typical stealth class?

how about rangers?

for PvE - Crom
    for PvP - Crom as well
    Kattas - 10.PvP, full T6 and full AA demo

Quote Originally Posted by Ernests View Post
    for PvE - Crom
    for PvP - Crom as well
    alright mate

btw is there any guild willing to invite me in crom?

seems like everyone's looking for super experienced players..

Quote Originally Posted by Timaras View Post

Only people that yell cheat cheat are the ones that have no clue how the game works or when they cant win someone. There is few people in game who do cheat but thats about it, and on Crom u play against same 20-30 ppl too so wont be much different. At this point there is little to no difference in minis. Both got absolutely horrible players with few exceptions
    The Law

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast