Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anniversary Thanks

The anniversary added more naked 80s clueless about their classes. Someone was saying that he was boosting his character only because he could not play it well while levelling. GMs and the developer (3 people: I assume that this is the whole team) showed up in Tarantia Noble District, used various animations, such as swimming in the air or jumping, and had no planned event or script to follow (short on money and time while working on something else, maybe?). There was also a question that had no input or output value, "So, what did you use your free level 80 on?", that was inquired by our respected community manager (as far as I remember, she is the manager; but I am not sure). This only produced spam that was not used for any analytical data processing, I suppose.

What I expected: a scripted story told by GMs with Conan walking in, horse races with GMs, getting kicked all across the map, fireworks from GMs (maybe I did not wait long enough?), a treasure-hunting quest with social prizes, or random social prizes (bound vanity items) for several people.

Anyway, I am happy that the servers are still up! This game has not been beaten yet by any other MMORPG in terms of complexity and dialogues.
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 22nd May 2017 at 18:25.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Funcom

Thanks for your feedback LA! We just wanted to drop in at the end of the day on Friday to wish the community a happy anniversary. We definitely had a lot of fun, though, and spent a little while afterward talking about other things we might be able to do with the community in the future. You are correct, it would definitely benefit from some planning.
    FuncomMussagana
    Designer
    Twitter: @Mussagana

Age of Conan Website

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    What I expected: a scripted story told by GMs with Conan walking in, horse races with GMs, getting kicked all across the map, fireworks from GMs (maybe I did not wait enough?), a treasure-hunting quest with social prizes, or random social prizes (bound vanity items) for several people.
    You mean what you hoped for....
    If you truely expected any of that you are either insane or not familiar with how little GM attention the anniversaries have historically got in this game.

Auch von mir Glückwünsche zum 9. Geburtstag von Age of Conan.
    happy anniversary
    Schokierendes Interview mit Funcom`s CEO enthüllt die ganze Warheit über AoC 7. Jahrestagsevent.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU8g3s76oa4

Quote Originally Posted by tman1991 View Post
    what did they actually "develop" for this anniversary?? No new content, only more tf garbage. Thats not content, thats just 6 lines in a script. Its been over a year since we have a dev letter, just turn the servers off and be done..
    The game is still there, and that's worth a good word. Not all of us have been in the game since the beginning.

I'm curious; why do you keep playing, if you're not enjoying the game? Why push for the servers to be shut down, when there are still those having fun?

So, no, do not turn the servers off.

Quote Originally Posted by Mussagana View Post
    Thank you Nebless! We wanted to find a way to express our gratitude to the community for sticking with us all these years. Hopefully there's something here for everybody to enjoy.
    Hopefully the 10th year anniversary is going to be a big event.

Thank you, but not giving f2p players the full extent of a paid 80, just killed the game that much more. I would imagine that you've lost more players then gained with this "gift" out of frustration of getting melted in minis. It's great that you think everyone lives is a socialized country, but for those who don;t and have to work for everything they get, it is just another slap in the face by a company who fails at community policing and fixing game breaking exploitation.

The free slot was nice though. so I do appreciate that, sincerely.

Quote Originally Posted by Solareus View Post
    Thank you, but not giving f2p players the full extent of a paid 80, just killed the game that much more. I would imagine that you've lost more players then gained with this "gift" out of frustration of getting melted in minis. It's great that you think everyone lives is a socialized country, but for those who don;t and have to work for everything they get, it is just another slap in the face by a company who fails at community policing and fixing game breaking exploitation.

The free slot was nice though. so I do appreciate that, sincerely.
    What do you mean? I'm f2p and got all the rewards for this anniversary.

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    What do you mean? I'm f2p and got all the rewards for this anniversary.
    maybe the 79 AA pts??
    Rogue Angels Guild Leader and Progression Raid Leader
    http://rogueangels.guildlaunch.com

Tmanku 80 Guard | Tmanil 80 ToS | Tmanosu 80 DT | Tmanbank 80 BS | Tmanfu 80 Demo | Tmanwu 80 Ranger | Tmanpope 80 PoM | Tmanpointy 80 Sin | Tmanbarb 80 Barb | Tmanfire 80 HoX | Tmannecro 80 Necro | Tmanblade 80 Conq | Tmanlite 80 Guard | Tmantosjr 80 Tos | Tmandemojr 80 Demo | Tmanthethird Saga Guard

Quote Originally Posted by tman1991 View Post
    maybe the 79 AA pts??
    The new 80's got the 79 Feat Points. I'm guessing he meant no AA points and from that point of view, than yes the new 80's are weaker than a leveled 80.
    Last edited by Nebless; 24th May 2017 at 18:16.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast