Thread: Patcher stuck and missing textures

Default Patcher stuck and missing textures

I had aoc hang once and system froze so I had to restart my machine. Now I am missing certain textures on few npcs in Khitai. And from time to time aoc client works my hard drive so much that I can hear the crackling noises from the drive. So I tired to verify and fix, that worked. But patcher did not - it gets stuck on updating content 4/4 with speeds of 21 bytes or less on average. Firewall is not the problem.

How can I fix this?

Patcher log shows a number of files having incorrect md5. In short patcher steps look like this for each incorrect file:

Task notifier signaled failure:
    Resource 1030002:4950384 does not have correct md5
    Failed to insert resource 1000020:153899 from pack
    Giving up:
    Files:219/10 (0.1/0.1 MB) Failed:7 Speed:0.0 KB/s

I can still log in, but yeah some textures are missing.
    Thanks.

I would first scan Hard Disks for errors using Scandisk or similar software. Then find Age of Conan folder ( usually "C:\Program Files\Funcom\Age of Conan") and run PatcherSetup.exe directly. Once in Age of Conan Update Manager window - click on "options" in right upper corner and you'll see a big button "Repair broken data" - that should do the trick, if previous steps did not.
    Last edited by Dimchik; 11th May 2017 at 07:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimchik View Post
    I would first scan Hard Disks for errors using Scandisk or similar software. Then find Age of Conan folder ( usually "C:\Program Files\Funcom\Age of Conan") and run PatcherSetup.exe directly. Once in Age of Conan Update Manager window - click on "options" in right upper corner and you'll see a big button "Repair broken data" - that should do the trick, if previous steps did not.
    this is good advice.

Also check that your hard drive has plenty of free space.
    Requiem Nex Combat Monitor | Options not Saving temporary Fix
    Can Devs please fix:
    • new ressurections resetting the currently selected ressurect position
    • loot timeout windows disappearing before progress bar completes when box hasn't been opened quickly

Done all of that, and transferred partition to older drive I had on hand. Didn't help. Looks like I will have to re-download when I got time…

Thanks for the help though.
    Attached Images Attached Images