Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big Ol' Ice Worm

Quote Originally Posted by Roddam View Post
    You get a Slayer of the XXX buff for whatever was the last world boss you killed. It is there so you can repeat killing the same boss in the same event week. You can only progress your 12 potents quest once per event.
    Did you mean "can't repeat killing," or "can repeat killing?"

Am I wasting my time waiting for the Beastie to appear near the rez pad again?

1. The buff prevents the quest to get updated from the same type of boss (in this case the big old iceworm). Read: You can repeat killing this boss over and over again this week, but your portent quest will not get updated, you need to kill a new type of boss for every step (take a look in your quest jornal Aquilonia - Old Tarantia; you automaticly get this quest with your first world boss kill). You may also want to take a look at the world boss vendor in front of the libary in Old Tarantia.

2. As Nebless already wrote you are of course wasting your time waiting near the rez pad (unless you follow the global chat and switch instances). The boss will only come to the rez pad if someone draggs it there. Every world boss spawns in one or several known locations. You can find everything about that here:
    https://forums.ageofconan.com/showth...-collated-data

3. I do not want to be rude, I am genuinely curious: How can someone play the game as long as you do (assuming you play at last as long as you use this forum), and not know about world bosses? Are you activly avoiding any contact with any other player ingame, like shutting down all chats and so on?

Quote Originally Posted by Feadara View Post
    3. I do not want to be rude, I am genuinely curious: How can someone play the game as long as you do (assuming you play at last as long as you use this forum), and not know about world bosses? Are you activly avoiding any contact with any other player ingame, like shutting down all chats and so on?
    I can post from work, so that's why I've so many posts.

I've seen the world boss entries in chat, but, at first, had no clue what the jargon meant.

I don't have consistent times I can be on and, when I'm on, there's no real guarantee that I'll be on for long. Sometimes, I can only be on for half an hour. So, I don't team up or any of that. I mainly just adventure solo.

Also, it seemed most of the chats were big bold ads to buy stuff, requests for teaming up - which, because of my unreliable schedule, I don't respond to - or a lot of flaming. So, I just put the chat window on Combat.

Have to say, though, I thought the world bosses were NPCs like that guy hanging around the stairs in Ymir's Pass. I never figured that was all too big a deal, so I lost interest in World Bosses.

Encountering that worm taught me otherwise. So, I'll probably seek them out, now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebless View Post
    I believe you also have to re-damage it if you've died, rez'd and gone back for it to credit you loot.
    You don't necessarily have to hit the boss again if you died. As long as you were a known entity to the boss for long enough (you did some real damage to it and stayed alive for a minute), you should be guaranteed loot as long as you are in range of it when it dies. You can be dead on the ground under it and still get loot when it dies. But if you run too far away or die and rez up when the boss is far from the pad, you won't get loot if the boss dies while you are away.

~Note: I don't know the exact number of seconds you must remain alive for after doing damage to the boss, but a minute should more than cover the time needed. Just make sure you actually did damage and didn't miss. Even 20 damage is enough.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12