Thread: Do the GMs still bother playing this game?

Default Do the GMs still bother playing this game?

Because the last three petitions I've filed I ended up deleting after a couple of days due to no responses. Edit by Anzu: This is not needed, nor is it allowed.
    Last edited by Anzu; 30th April 2017 at 15:01.

1. didnt know GMs were obliged to play the game
    2. didnt know exiles even had customer support.
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

Well you're sure to meet the resident mod with that post. :P
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Last time I needed GM help, it came within thirty minutes. I have seen some complain in Global that they've been waiting for a long time for a reply, but yesterday I saw someone ask if a GM was on, was told that they rarely reply to Global and to use /petition, then about 15 minutes later he said thanks to the GM for his help. I suppose it depends on how busy they are, or the time of day - remember they work from 8am EST until Midnight EST. If your play time is during the other eight hours, it would be longer before they reply.

Never ever once did I experience that my petition got deleted with no answer or trys to reach me. Not when GMs were online 24/7, not now with the mentioned times.

Are you sure you submitted your petitions? You have to hit submit two times, first time directly after you typed your text, second time after you are offered some stereotype solutions. Better check twice.

Yes gms are here, and from my experience with them - if your situation is out of the scope of the game mechanics they respond fast. And they will literally come to you in-game to fix the prob sometimes. Like once in my case I had a broken quest on my alt and gm came to help me out and fixed it for me within 5 minutes.

But yes some petitions do get deleted, for example if you ask them to help you out with something obvious that you should of asked maybe in /nph. Happened to me - I tried to place eldritch gem into a legendary ring while mounted. And it did not work, so I wrote a petition to ask what is going on and is it broken - that one got deleted lol. That was the only one, all other petitions were fixed fast for me.

Quote Originally Posted by drmir View Post
    Yes gms are here, and from my experience with them - if your situation is out of the scope of the game mechanics they respond fast. And they will literally come to you in-game to fix the prob sometimes. Like once in my case I had a broken quest on my alt and gm came to help me out and fixed it for me within 5 minutes.

But yes some petitions do get deleted, for example if you ask them to help you out with something obvious that you should of asked maybe in /nph. Happened to me - I tried to place eldritch gem into a legendary ring while mounted. And it did not work, so I wrote a petition to ask what is going on and is it broken - that one got deleted lol. That was the only one, all other petitions were fixed fast for me.
    Possible reason that it was deleted without response is because the only thing the GM could do is give information. They seem to be constrained by GM 'rules' to not explain anything - even while they solve the problem. Ask them to answer a simple question such as telling you which NPC to talk to next to pick up a long passed quest or to reacquire a deleted quest in the middle of a chain and they balk at replying (but usually they then go into your journal and give you the quest).

From what i've gathered, GM's aren't solely for AoC , they are multigames, this makes our support feel less then adequate since AoC has so many issues to deal with. Not having dedicated GM's allows the game world to turn into a exploited utopia for those who aren't able to play the game as it was meant to be played.