Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: "Anniversary" for AOC

Difference is: The cost of leaving your home country because you don't like their laws is pretty high. The cost of switching an online game because you don't like their (volunteer) forum moderation is not.

But if you're interested, I can recommend a country where you can still say the F-word or even give "the finger" in public.

Hm, that reminds me... posting images still possible in the general section, isn't?

For those who don't know: That's the current German foreign minister and top diplomat.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

Quote Originally Posted by Khaletohep View Post
    Difference is: The cost of leaving your home country because you don't like their laws is pretty high. The cost of switching an online game because you don't like their (volunteer) forum moderation is not.

But if you're interested, I can recommend a country where you can still say the F-word or even give "the finger" in public.

Hm, that reminds me... posting images still possible in the general section, isn't?

For those who don't know: That's the current German foreign minister and top diplomat.
    The Germany that prosecuted a comic for insulting a politician and pressured Facebook to remove posts that they didn't like?

Free speech is a mechanism for resolving problems at a governmental level without resorting to violence. Has very little to do with slinging insults or private forums.

Ok. Ready for my ban now.

But if the people are paying customers (and this is "free" to play) for a service provided by the "privately owned etc" and they have a way to voice their opinions and concerns on a forum. isnt that called cherry picking/falsifying data saying that you can delete any thread or post you do not like or gives a negative view on the company suggesting that everything is QA checked and A-OKAY with their product there by lying to other potential clients and investors for a financial benefit? I see the same questions and yet no response except to say "restart, or edits or stupid puns and jokes"

Quote Originally Posted by Raeil View Post
    The Germany that prosecuted a comic for insulting a politician
    If you're referring to Boehmermann, he wasn't prosecuted. But yes, of course, there are exceptions.

But if the people are paying customers (and this is "free" to play) for a service provided by the "privately owned etc" and they have a way to voice their opinions and concerns on a forum.
    Exactly. Citizens have a right so criticize their government. Customers have a right to criticize a company. If the first isn't allowed, there may be a bad election result or even a revolution. If the second isn't allowed (and yes, including in a "privately owned forum"), customers leave. People don't like being treated badly or forbidden to voice their opinion. That' why even raising the suspicion of interfering with a free exchange of ideas and opinions is counterproductive.
    Last edited by Khaletohep; 11th May 2017 at 07:03.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

As can easily be seen here, you're free to criticize Funcom or AoC, as long as it is done within the forum rules. Insults, personal attacks and the like have nothing to do with criticism.

Let's get back to topic please.
    Short cuts make long delays.

So will we be getting any subscription offers or anniversary things? Its got to be about time.

I've switched to a monthly subscription for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    So will we be getting any subscription offers or anniversary things? Its got to be about time.

I've switched to a monthly subscription for now.
    I assume no, they will never do another sub offer. The game has been abandoned.

Massive, massive quantities, and a glass of water, sweetheart my socks are on fire!
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

When will you guys finally accept reality? The game is *completely* abandoned. Servers will stay online until enough people leave that they start to lose money operating them.

Let it go, guys. I know it's hard. But you have to. It's over.
    Retired / 2010-2016

Quote Originally Posted by krippa View Post
    When will you guys finally accept reality? The game is *completely* abandoned. Servers will stay online until enough people leave that they start to lose money operating them.

Let it go, guys. I know it's hard. But you have to. It's over.
    We still get server restarts! Lol
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast