Thread: Login after a few years Characters are deleted?

Default Login after a few years Characters are deleted?

I did send a ticket in ( many hours ago, still waiting ) how ever after the long grueling wait for the 14 gig download I finally logged in. Prior I logged into the site for "Manage Account" and all my previous purchase history was there, cool im on the right account. Well upon logging in I have no characters.... I had characters when I decided to walk away from the game. My main had purchased items on it that I paid real money for from the game vendor itself. Do characters delete after so long of not using? If so there must be a way to recover them especially if real money was used to make purchases from the game vendor. Otherwise there must be some legal way to get a refund regardless of how long its been. Can anyone offer any insight as to what I may be encountering while I wait however long for a response from support, other than hacked etc etc ? Thanks.

Usually that kind of thing only happens by having your account compromised. The Customer Support should hopefully be able to help you out eventually.

What is the typical average wait time for customer service response to support tickets? I believe I'm on day 3 waiting for a response.

Quote Originally Posted by LollerSkeet View Post
    What is the typical average wait time for customer service response to support tickets? I believe I'm on day 3 waiting for a response.
    You'll have to email support. In game petition GMs can't (won't) do anything about account issues.

http://help.funcom.com/
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    You'll have to email support. In game petition GMs can't (won't) do anything about account issues.

http://help.funcom.com/
    Thanks for the tip. To fill in the gap, the link you provided is the very tool I used to address my issues.

Thanks for the tip. To fill in the gap, the link you provided is the very tool I used to address my issues.
    I don't know what the current GM pool looks like now. They may be short on staff due to cut-backs. But 3 Business days is a bit on the long side for what they should be doing.

Ya so... 8 days passed now and no response from customer support. Was hoping to get back into it before buying the new Exile game but if this is how the company operates now id rather not. Was a good idea while it lasted but I'm moving on to a different game, hopefully one with a functional support staff. Good luck people.

Funcom

Hey there, did you receive a ticket number after submitting it? It should never take that long for a response. If you did get a ticket number, could you please send me a message with it? If you didn't receive one, it's possible the email wasn't submitted all the way. You may sometimes have to click on "submit" twice. IF it WAS submitted, then you would have received a ticket number at the end, as well as a confirmation email. I'm sorry for any trouble with that but if you have any other questions please let us know!
    FuncomNicole 'Spynosaur' Vayo
    Community Manager
    Twitter: @Spynosaur

Age of Conan Website | Social Guidelines | Customer Service

I did send a ticket in ( many hours ago, still waiting ) how ever after the long grueling wait for the 14 gig download I finally logged in. Prior I logged into the site for "Manage Account" and all my previous purchase history was there, cool im on the right account. Well upon logging in I have no characters.... I had characters when I decided to walk away from the game. My main had purchased items on it that I paid real money for from the game vendor itself. Do characters delete after so long of not using? If so there must be a way to recover them especially if real money was used to make purchases from the game vendor. Otherwise there must be some legal way to get a refund regardless of how long its been. Can anyone offer any insight as to what I may be encountering while I wait however long for a response from support, other than hacked etc etc ? Thanks.
    Keep in mind that Age of Conan is in maintenance mode and no further updates are planned to happen. There will be another "AoC" worth checking by the end of year
    .. Steady! We have not fled, we are not beaten, and even should they throw us in chains, we are there, and shall remain! And victory will be ours.. And whether we are alive or not when that goal is reached, our programme will be alive; it will reign in the world of a barbarian mankind. Yes, in spite of everything.

Server Merge: Kepha, now Kephaofcrom (still waiting for that Kepha "unknown character", "character doesn't exist" to log in).