Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is game still alive?

Please, AOC is on a respirator, AOC mods are now equipped with shock paddles to jump start what little life is left, so as to appease the few left into spending a few more $$ on some worthless shop item...FC simply doesn't care to do a damn thing with AOC, but let it flop like a dying fish on the bank. Sad, actually it is truly sad they have let this game go this way.....

And here I was, wondering what was in that parcel I received a couple of weeks ago from the US. Thanks for the info!
    Short cuts make long delays.

Quote Originally Posted by Ernests View Post
    Yes, the game is still alive!
    On Crom you can do any game's content you want (including world PvP in border kingdoms). The main thing that you should be in good guild.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    Game is pretty dead, even on Crom, if you play during US times.
    During European time no problems
    Kattas - 10.PvP, full T6 and full AA demo

Game has been dead for ages, just because there has been one server "alive" does not mean it was healthily alive.
    I do love to see the HC pvp haters saying this "pvp servers dead because of gangers" so why are pve server(s) dead too )?
    In a way its sad to see great game dead af, but at the same time happy to see pvp haters having their own kingdom falling into darkness, I doubt they even realized that only reason Crom was having content going was because of ppl transferring from other servers. if I join mini game now, 9/12 of them are people who has recently come from Fury. Not to mention since RF and WB exists the quality of players is just terrifying.

Whats even more sad is that even at the current state of fury, it has sometimes more action going on than crom
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    I do love to see the HC pvp haters saying this "pvp servers dead because of gangers" so why are pve server(s) dead too )?
    Because keeping PvEers happy requires new content?

But that probably also explains why PvP servers died first... because PvP development basically consisted of making things worse (Bori, ranger revamp, a single new minigame map which moreover turned out to be horrible), and then stopped altogether.

I don't think it ever had anything to do with attitude problems because, frankly, PvP on Crom used to be at least as toxic prior to the influx from Fury players than it is now. In fact, many of the folks from Fury are rather nice, and they do make more of an effort to get PvP going (premades etc).
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post
    Because keeping PvEers happy requires new content?

But that probably also explains why PvP servers died first... because PvP development basically consisted of making things worse (Bori, ranger revamp, a single new minigame map which moreover turned out to be horrible), and then stopped altogether.

I don't think it ever had anything to do with attitude problems because, frankly, PvP on Crom used to be at least as toxic prior to the influx from Fury players than it is now. In fact, many of the folks from Fury are rather nice, and they do make more of an effort to get PvP going (premades etc).
    I was not being completely serious, just for as second I went down to their level who say **** like that. and I am one of those that play premades currently on crom. Lovely to have some decent minis without trolls and bad players in them. And I do not think it has anything to do with server on how ppl behave, that is just stereotypes that ppl create.

crom players being carebears and whiners
    and fury players being toxic harassing gangers
    and rage players ofc cheaters and exploiters, now obviously rage does not exist anymore, but I assume my point was understood
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    And I do not think it has anything to do with server on how ppl behave, that is just stereotypes that ppl create.
    Other than people from RP servers > everyone else, of course!

I say that because I have fond memories of my ultra-carebear days on Hyrkania PvE-RP, but also because pretty much all the people I met who started out on Aquilonia or Asgard turned out to be rather awesome.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

There are several guilds very active on Crom...Jade Asp, House Merano, Angels of Derketo, and several more as well.

If indeed the 'several active' guilds are the ones listed, that does show how down the server is, as none of those are the old big guilds raiding every day
    .. Steady! We have not fled, we are not beaten, and even should they throw us in chains, we are there, and shall remain! And victory will be ours.. And whether we are alive or not when that goal is reached, our programme will be alive; it will reign in the world of a barbarian mankind. Yes, in spite of everything.

Server Merge: Kepha, now Kephaofcrom (still waiting for that Kepha "unknown character", "character doesn't exist" to log in).

Quote Originally Posted by KephaPT View Post
    If indeed the 'several active' guilds are the ones listed, that does show how down the server is, as none of those are the old big guilds raiding every day
    They may be "active" in RP, but I'd hardly call those guilds major, i.e. actively doing pve/pvp at a higher level.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast