Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is game still alive?

That is what I meant :P
    .. Steady! We have not fled, we are not beaten, and even should they throw us in chains, we are there, and shall remain! And victory will be ours.. And whether we are alive or not when that goal is reached, our programme will be alive; it will reign in the world of a barbarian mankind. Yes, in spite of everything.

Server Merge: Kepha, now Kephaofcrom (still waiting for that Kepha "unknown character", "character doesn't exist" to log in).

Quote Originally Posted by CimmerianGirl View Post
    There are several guilds very active on Crom...Jade Asp, House Merano, Angels of Derketo, and several more as well.
    No offense but non of those guilds have "any" impact on anything "useful"
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    No offense but non of those guilds have "any" impact on anything "useful"
    Serious RP guilds tend to be too small to be competitive in raiding or PvP. Doesn't mean that they are not "useful" though. From a business point of view, RPers are good since they are a rather loyal bunch who do not require much dev attention. And in terms of societal utility - some people press keys on a keyboard to whack pixels, others press keys on a keyboard to type in chat...
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post
    Serious RP guilds tend to be too small to be competitive in raiding or PvP. Doesn't mean that they are not "useful" though. From a business point of view, RPers are good since they are a rather loyal bunch who do not require much dev attention. And in terms of societal utility - some people press keys on a keyboard to whack pixels, others press keys on a keyboard to type in chat...
    But like 75% of the people in RP guilds don't have a premium account because you just need a character to do RP, no relics / gear / AAs or something like that is needed. They may stay in the game for a very long time but they don't have any effect on the progressive side of the game.
    If all the big guilds were RP guilds that mostly don't care about PvE progression you wouldn't have T5 or T6 raids now.

Quote Originally Posted by xCodename View Post
    But like 75% of the people in RP guilds don't have a premium account because you just need a character to do RP, no relics / gear / AAs or something like that is needed. They may stay in the game for a very long time but they don't have any effect on the progressive side of the game.
    If all the big guilds were RP guilds that mostly don't care about PvE progression you wouldn't have T5 or T6 raids now.
    Well, many of them used to have a premium account until the game went full FTP. And since then, more and more PvEers do not have an active subscription, either. From a dev point of view, those freebie PvEers are a much worse deal than freebie RPers (since PvEers require investment in new content, or they will leave - which is what we are seeing right now). So in a sense, the freebie PvEer is even less "useful" than the freebie RPer.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq

You need literally 6 people to be online at same time to be competitive in pvp
    and from what I seen rp:ers dont really spend cash that much.

and those who are performing this RP art in mini games are just killing it
    I'm looking at you glorious tempest of set with thousands of minis played and 2k kills
    The Law

You need literally 6 people to be online at same time to be competitive in pvp

and those who are performing this RP art in mini games are just killing it
    I'm looking at you glorious tempest of set with thousands of minis played and 2k kills
    Nobody RPs in minigames. People who do that are not RPing, they are trolling. (Of course, the two are not mutually exclusive, just like you can be a PvPer or a PvEer and a troll at the same time.)

Not sure who that ToS is though?
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq

If you only knew the money a roleplayer is willing to spend in order to get vanity gear
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

Nobody RPs in minigames. People who do that are not RPing, they are trolling. (Of course, the two are not mutually exclusive, just like you can be a PvPer or a PvEer and a troll at the same time.)

Not sure who that ToS is though?
    Rhymes with "pa tet ka" and he isn't a troll. Just a genuine rper who enjoys playing that way. During minigames he will shout things in /say that are in character. He never was a top notch tos but he was a legit cool dude to be around and he always used to crack me up. I miss that guy tbh. Is he still around?
    Live Twitch Stream - Fury PvP - US East Coast Prime Time - Rated MA

Quote Originally Posted by Laethiel View Post
    Rhymes with "pa tet ka" and he isn't a troll. Just a genuine rper who enjoys playing that way. During minigames he will shout things in /say that are in character. He never was a top notch tos but he was a legit cool dude to be around and he always used to crack me up. I miss that guy tbh. Is he still around?
    Never seen that guy but I guess he was/is on Fury?

It's funny, I used to play on the most carebear server (PvE-RP), and even there, I never came across people who RPed in minis. We all just ran around like headless chickens and watched in awe as the few star players on our server (Kirin, Millamagia, and a few others) killed us over and over again. It wasn't competitive at all, but somehow everyone was having fun.
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast