Thread: username and gfx settings not saved

Default username and gfx settings not saved

as it says in the title,
    every time I start the game username is set to "void". resolution is set to minimum, and every graphic setting also is set to "void". sometimes the game won't even start, and I've encountered being logged out of the game when I zone somewhere.

first I thought I had been hacked, but all my chars have been untouched, and after seeing both username and gfx settings commands have the same "void" title and weird logoffs while zoning leads me to believe something else is off.

anyone else had this? or having this right now. it started today, and GMs not responding so far.

Looks like file corruption to me... run a disk check/virus scan and make sure hard drive isn't going bad.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Hah almost the same happened to me a while back .

Launcher was suddenly in German and after opening the game , my long forgotten accountname from 2011 was filled in , which I don't understand as I had been doing several formattings and download the game 3-4 times afresh.
    Furthermore the screen was glitchy and the resolution weird.

I think running that patcher setup and checking for corrupt files fixed it

And yes what half dead said , my hard drive was in a very bad shape.
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

alright, gonna use the patcher to check for corrupt files.

I have my game on a SSD. Anything I can do besides use the intel SSD optimizer?

as for virus, do you reckon the Windows antivirus will suffice? I ran it, and it said it found a keylogger, so gotta change my passwords. About time anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    alright, gonna use the patcher to check for corrupt files.

I have my game on a SSD. Anything I can do besides use the intel SSD optimizer?

as for virus, do you reckon the Windows antivirus will suffice? I ran it, and it said it found a keylogger, so gotta change my passwords. About time anyways.
    Sadly, their launcher scan most of the time ruins the install completely for me. I highly recommend keeping an extra working backup of the entire game folder on an external drive. This game requires no installation and can be run directly from a folder. This also saves having to redownload it as it can simply be transferred.

Anyway, I meant a windows disk scan. Bring up command prompt and run as a admin and use that to disk scan. If you've never done this before, I would suggest using google and reading tutorials.

My standard fare of virus scanning uses Malwarebytes, Hitmanpro and ADWcleaner. Generally most things don't need anything more than that.

It appears the Intel SSD Toolbox should let you know what the health is.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids