Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I do not like what Funcom did with the TSW relaunch

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    If you grinded everything to max, especially the AEGIS... and theyre making everyone start over.... a lot of people wont be happy with that. Unless of course they make new gear because somewhere they said they are adding new levels which would mean higher level gear effectively making old gear worthless. But grinding that AEGIS crap again... I could barely do it once.
    Ugh, the AEGIS grind. I think I got my capacitors only to 1.5 before I stopped. God bless the people who got up to 2.9 or 3.0 or w/e the max is. Personally, I didn't care much for Tokyo. I preferred the rural settings.

If I invested tons of time into TSW I'd probably be very upset as well. Sad day for those who grinded those 10k mob kill achievements lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Raeil View Post
    My completely uninformed guess is that modifying the old game in the ways that they wanted to was technically impossible or too difficult/expensive. Perhaps because of old code and/or that it's using a new engine. Not that a new engine is confirmed, just speculating.
    Unfortunately, it's using the same engine according to the FAQ on the website. That makes me even more skeptical of how far reaching these changes will be.
    Last edited by krippa; 30th March 2017 at 01:15.
    Retired / 2010-2016

Even I have no idea what TSW is (I only played the beta for 30 minutes and erased it), but I learnt to translate developers. I shall help with this now.

"a shared-world action RPG with completely revamped combat..." = "The combat will be dumbed down even more for average joes."

" offering a fresh start for newcomers and long-time fans alike" = "We shall erase all of your progress and achievements, so that the idea of egaliterianism is realized."

"delivering a captivating journey that can be enjoyed entirely on your own or with friends.” = "We are turning the game into a single-player RPG, but we shall keep the servers online."

"Players can go at it alone and enjoy the over 100 hours of story at their own pace" = "The game will be so easy that everyone who drools will be able to play it at his own pace. No reflexes are needed."

"the core gameplay experience in a way befitting a modern-day action RPG" = "We shall make all of the veterans leave the game, because it will be unbearable in its new-found stupidity and easy-mode progression."

"combat that feels more natural" = "one click to kill enemies."

"deep systems that are more intuitive" = "I have no idea what I am talking about, but it sounds cool" (usually, when UI becomes "more intuitive" on Web pages or in programs, it becomes impossible or hard to use).

"better structuring of the early game for new players" = "Completely messing up the game for new and old players alike at the start. Everything will be so stupid that a pure WoW RPer will be able to do it."

"improved mission flow" = "worse or inconsistent mission flow that breaks the main story line and makes one feel obtuse".

"to strengthen the pace of progression for players." = "People will reach everything in the game fast and be bored, but we shall milk their money."
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 30th March 2017 at 09:39.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

My gut feeling is they've turned it into a solo/coop game. And to me that's what TSW should have been from the beginning.

How successful will it be though... I'm not really sure. I can't see people who enjoy(ed) TSW migrating to the new game. And I can't see new people being interested in a solo version of an old mmorpg.
    Kaleeh PoM - Resolved Guard - Reducia Sin

I'll try it out and hopefully keep my toon name and GrandMaster status. I find games to be boring always playing solo though.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by krippa View Post
    Ugh, the AEGIS grind. I think I got my capacitors only to 1.5 before I stopped. God bless the people who got up to 2.9 or 3.0 or w/e the max is. Personally, I didn't care much for Tokyo. I preferred the rural settings.

If I invested tons of time into TSW I'd probably be very upset as well. Sad day for those who grinded those 10k mob kill achievements lol.

Unfortunately, it's using the same engine according to the FAQ on the website. That makes me even more skeptical of how far reaching these changes will be.
    Yeah, I saw that after posting.

Not that it matters now but did you do the aegis grind when it first came out? They *greatly* reduced the grind later on and even implemented more ways to get aegis exp. But then added some more aegis levels on top though those were only needed by/useful to hardcore dungeoners/raiders.

All other things aside the ultimate take away from this for me is the realization that no mmo that requires actual skill and a thought process greater than an amoeba's to play will ever succeed so I can discard that dream and move on.

I imagine if they will keep the aegis, it will be a greatly reduced effort to max it out. At least if they would follow what they've said so far "ambitious adjustments to gameplay, progression, structure, and more, which we hope will result in a more satisfying player experience overall.". Also Tokyo wont be part of it from launch which means they can make a better experience getting aegis or how it works in general.
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

I am surprised they kept AEGIS but removed the Augments. I'm interested to see how they revamped AEGIS, because I know that was one of the least-liked features in game.

In other news, this is what the skill wheel now looks like - much more streamlined:

Edit by Anzu: Do not breach the NDA of SWL.
    Last edited by Anzu; 4th April 2017 at 12:11.
    Retired / 2010-2016

I loved TSW, it was a lot of fun when I had friends to play with. Very fun questlines, probably the best ever. I'm sad to see this "revamp" but what can I really say about anything though? I quit playing the game, and so did so many others.
    Cropt - Conq : Drighten - DT : Raquelx - Necro : Shockubad - Tos
    Stabubad - Sin : Fatpom - Pom : Isoldethora - Rangernoez
    Burnthecross - Hox : Ragnarvor - Barb

Wheres our keys Anzu? :P
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

The only keys I have are those of my house and my mailbox, sorry
    Short cuts make long delays.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast