Thread: Purchase of Expansions

Default Purchase of Expansions

When I came back I subscribed (I know some people advise not to and they raise valid points but the cost isn't that much compared to one good meal and having played these games since the time of the MUDS it just feels right to pay for it) but I assume I just have the basic game I had at release. On the other hand I also have *some* things that were introduced later such as the fourth race.

In some MMOs getting expansions is something that makes no sense until you reach the maximum character level at which the expansion was introduced. At which point you need the expansion to keep gaining levels and for access to new zones appropriate to those levels. In some MMOs you may not NEED the expansion until then but buying it earlier gives you significant additional options as early as level one. New races, new classes, access to better mounts even flying ones, access to level-scaling dungeons and zones introduced by the expansion and available at low level if you buy the expansion, access to mercenaries or crafting assistants or other perks, etc.

So, the obvious questions.

(1) What expansions or other extra-cost content, if any, are needed to reach current maximum level? At what levels are they needed.

(2) What expansions or other extra-cost content, if any, give significant benefits towards adventuring or crafting or exploring prior to the levels at which they become *necessary*?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by istvana View Post

(1) What expansions or other extra-cost content, if any, are needed to reach current maximum level? At what levels are they needed.

(2) What expansions or other extra-cost content, if any, give significant benefits towards adventuring or crafting or exploring prior to the levels at which they become *necessary*?

Thanks.
    None

You can reach lvl 80 with just the base game. As for the expansion (there's only 1 really) and the 2 adventure packs;

Rise of the Godslayer is a level 80 zone that allows you to do faction quests for better armor and has a number of dungeons in it. If you really want to continue playing after hitting lvl 80 than yes you do need it. Getting it before gives you access to the 4th race.

The 2 adventure packs (my terms) are: Savage Coast of Turan. This is a lvl 50 - 55 zone. It's fun, gives you a different leveling area and has a quest area that scales to your level when ever you go back to it, which in truth is of the same use as redoing the Villa's in the Noble District (pretty much the same concept just outdoors inside of inside a building).
    and
    Hyborian Tales: Shadows of Vanahiem. From the store listing this is a small zone that starts at lvl 20 and scales to your level. From hearing people talk about it, it sounds almost like they scaled down the Godslayer concept of factions to only 1 faction and the quests to go with it.

If you buy the fancy versions of any of them you can get a unique mount, or do the faction quests leveling in up rank with that faction to buy one of the different mounts (camel, rhino, tiger, wolf, bear).

Now there's also another 'adventure pack' area that changed from being a subscriber available zone to a B2p zone and that's DragonSpine. According to the write up's players that either used to have a sub, have a sub or had used the store got it free when it became B2p. This area currently has the most popular dungeon in it. It is a lvl 80 zone with quests.

Just a note with regards to the 'significant benefits towards adventuring' part of your question. If you don't have the exp/pack and the World Boss shows up in that area, you won't be able to do that months boss.
    Last edited by Nebless; 17th March 2017 at 17:09.

Many thanks - most helpful.

Apparently I already have Godslayer - not sure how I got it but that is why I have access to the Khitan race. I do not seem to have the adventure packs so Ill keep an eye on them when any of mine get to the levels for them.