Thread: is it normal practice to put points in run speed and climbing?

Default is it normal practice to put points in run speed and climbing?

I am brand new and kind of lost are those the only skills i can put points in and if so how many should I aim for?

Quote Originally Posted by Antmf612 View Post
    I am brand new and kind of lost are those the only skills i can put points in and if so how many should I aim for?
    Just max Runnin Speed and Climbing at the beginning, these points are obsolete because they f*cked this system up, at level 80 you will have everything maxed out anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Antmf612 View Post
    You can get like 3-4 skills to 800 (max) depending on class. Running definitely to 800.

There used to be more skills so could run out of points. Several years ago Funcom took out some of those skills and incorporated them directly into the characters' stats but did not decrease the number of points we got. Subsequently we usually have enough point to max out several, so you are safe to max running speed, hiding and take climbing to 250 or 600 if u wish.

At level 10 you will get a prompt from the game that you are now earning Feat points and to start building your character's feat tree .... this is the class specific set of skills/feats... default to open is the key: n ... but i think before level 10 this menu will not open for you

One of the first quests in Atzel's Approach involves a climb that requires a min of 400 to do it and I believe there is atleast 1 other somewhere that also has a min number on it.

Down the road you'll get sneak (how fast you move while hid), hiding (how well you hide), perception (how well you can see hidden NPC's) to go along with your run and climb skills. People have their own opinions on which are important and not important based on if you PvE or PvP.

I think all climbs have a minimum required skill level for them, it is just that most of them have a fairly low minimum.

As mentioned max out Climbing - there are a place or two where that is needed.
    Running is never really needed, but can be nice to have - so put points there too.
    Rogues (Assassins and Rangers anyway, but perhaps Barbarians too) need points put into Sneak and Hide as well - max them if you can.
    In PvP Perception and Hide might be useful - I don't really know, but otherwise Perception is not needed for PvE and non-rogues have little use for Hide either.

(Some of these skills may not have opened up for you yet, if so just ignore them until they do.)

You won't get enough points to quite max out all of the skills so concentrate on the important ones:

For rogues:
    Hide
    Sneak
    Climbing
    Running

Others:
    Climbing
    Running

Quote Originally Posted by ErikT View Post
    I think all climbs have a minimum required skill level for them, it is just that most of them have a fairly low minimum.

As mentioned max out Climbing - there are a place or two where that is needed.
    Running is never really needed, but can be nice to have - so put points there too.
    Rogues (Assassins and Rangers anyway, but perhaps Barbarians too) need points put into Sneak and Hide as well - max them if you can.
    In PvP Perception and Hide might be useful - I don't really know, but otherwise Perception is not needed for PvE and non-rogues have little use for Hide either.

(Some of these skills may not have opened up for you yet, if so just ignore them until they do.)

You won't get enough points to quite max out all of the skills so concentrate on the important ones:

For rogues:
    Hide
    Sneak
    Climbing
    Running

Others:
    Climbing
    Running
    All classes can benefit from hide. A lot depends on your playstyle and if you prefer to just get to the target boss or kill everything along the way.