Thread: Coming back and have some questions please...

Default Coming back and have some questions please...

Hey all, I haven't played in few years and wnated to come back and I have a few questions.
    1- What healing class is good at solo play and can do well in small group / solo pvp? FYI I rather not play a Bear Shaman i normally dont like to play melee except for rogues, but that being said if the BS is that good I would consider playing one.

2- What other caster class is also good solo play pve and pvp?

3- Is it hard to gear up?

4- Is subbing worth it?

5- Last but not least is it a grind fest and is it a high level griefing fest lol? Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by Antmf612 View Post
    Hey all, I haven't played in few years and wnated to come back and I have a few questions.
    1- What healing class is good at solo play and can do well in small group / solo pvp? FYI I rather not play a Bear Shaman i normally dont like to play melee except for rogues, but that being said if the BS is that good I would consider playing one.

4- Is subbing worth it?

5- Last but not least is it a grind fest and is it a high level griefing fest lol? Thanks...
    BS and ToS are more fun to play than pom for sure......yes its quite hard to gear up.....not gear but mainly AAs you need to be competitive, subbing worths it for newbies for sure, yes its grind fest. and tbh with you game wont see any content updates so once you finished all from past updates and expansions there wont be anything new to do I left almost year ago and only one dungeon which was in development from 2014 was released. Enjoy your stay.
    Thanatonn - Tempest of Set

Knights Of Avalon

1 - Bear Shaman for being melee;
    2 - PoM/ToS/Demo/Necro/Ranger
    3 - It is too easy nowadays in both PVE and PVP (though gathering people for PVP at 6-79 might require some time); so easy that it pushes people away from the game;
    4 - No, do not subscribe. The only problems you will be facing are unlocking more characters and money restriction. Both can be solved.
    5 - This game never had any grinding feeling until World Bosses and Raid Finders were introduced. If you avoid these two, there is no grinding at all.
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 10th March 2017 at 08:33.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Welcome to Hyboria.

All three "healer" classes fulfill your criteria. They differ in flavor, not in power.

Don't bother about PvP viability. You'll get stomped in PvP no matter the class.

All of them. If in doubt, take Demo - strong class, easy to learn, no unusual concepts.

Don't bother about casters for PvP.

Depends on what you want to achieve. Getting a full set of the highest available set (T6) will take you years - which you can see as a good thing (lots of content) or a bad thing.

If you question is about getting ready for "serious" raiding action: It's easy. Depends a little bit on the class: Casters are really easy to equip, Healers slightly more difficult, with BS even being a little bit annoying. But it's all possible. I got most classes to T4 status, having a job and occasionally even sleeping, and there are players who progressed farther than me.

If your question is about PvP: Don't bother about gear. The established PvP players will crush you for the foreseeable future due to a huge gap in equipment and experience.

4- Is subbing worth it?
    Not really. It speeds up progression a little bit, but not too much I think. The game was balanced to work without that speed boost, and I suppose the XP bonus will make some areas a bit weird, as you'll outlevel quest areas while you do them.

If at all, think about it at Level 80, after joining a guild, after seeing how the game plays. That's when the gold limit may start to hurt - until then, you'll not even notice that.

DO NOT SPEND MONEY ON ITEM SHOP EQUIPMENT. It's grossly overpriced and actually pretty bad gear (except T3 for Guardians, which is viable, but still not worth the money). Much, much better gear is available through playing the game. Guildmates can help in crafting or finding easy to get gear.

Don't play on Fury, then there'll be no griefing. Fury is - one hears - underpopulated. Crom is the server to play on, even if you prefer PvP to PvE.

Grind fest... some parts: yes. Other parts: no. If one plays the game smart, one can avoid a lot of grind. Guild mates can help to advise on that.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/