Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Whom the Gods Love Die Young" Quest - Isle of Iron Statues

Default "Whom the Gods Love Die Young" Quest - Isle of Iron Statues

So my main is finally powerful enough to attempt the Isle of Iron Statues area. I had no problem reaching the temple (the Ape did not attack me), but once I am inside I can't complete the fight with the Iron Statues after seizing the Moonlight Gem.

Does anyone know how to complete this quest using some strategy - other than being powerful enough to beat down a half dozen animated statues (I am not there yet)? The Moonlight Gem displays a message about harnessing its power when it is grabbed from the altar with the skeleton, so I suspect that is a clue but I can't find anything online.

I found this video on YouTube and the player shrinks to Iron Statues down before killing them one by one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SD2RKhkEi4

How does he do it? Does he use the Moonlight Gem?

Apparently so. I found another video that is clearer. The Moonlight Gem is used to shrink the Iron Statues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-Ozk9grV7c
    Last edited by Anzu; 1st March 2017 at 08:57.
    Guild 'House Jade Asp' - PvE server

You are a soldier , get soldier statues down first
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Radicaltop, thank you for answering Radicaltop's question! That was quick! I hope he enjoyed your assistance.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Radicaltop, thank you for answering Radicaltop's question! That was quick! I hope he enjoyed your assistance.
    The forum moderator consolidated my three separate posts that were placed in succession as I figured the quest out. I still do have one question, however:

What are the steps that I must take to obtain the Grey Ape-Man's "additional treasure" as mentioned in the Turan Achievements? If anyone can direct me to a source with an explanation, I would appreciate it.

To trigger the HM sucessfully:

1. Reach the temple in time with no attack from the ape (watch and learn the points where the 3 minutes debuff above your name gets refreshed, it comes with a purplelike wave around your toon). On your way to the temple kill the spiderboss, don't let it live, you have to bind yourself to the instance (if you do not that you would be able to try again to beat the timerun without cd on the dungeon, and to make that impossible the HM is only possible in an instance where you kill the spider boss during the timerun).

2. Done. You do not need to kill the crazy man boss (whos name I forgot), you can run right to the big grey ape after the statues.

Then an additional breakable box should spawn at the exit of the grey apes room, right after he is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Radicaltop View Post
    The forum moderator consolidated my three separate posts that were placed in succession as I figured the quest out.
    He posted his message before the consolidation. Please leave me out of this
    Short cuts make long delays.

Quote Originally Posted by Feadara View Post
    To trigger the HM sucessfully:

1. Reach the temple in time with no attack from the ape (watch and learn the points where the 3 minutes debuff above your name gets refreshed, it comes with a purplelike wave around your toon). On your way to the temple kill the spiderboss, don't let it live, you have to bind yourself to the instance (if you do not that you would be able to try again to beat the timerun without cd on the dungeon, and to make that impossible the HM is only possible in an instance where you kill the spider boss during the timerun).

2. Do not die, even after you sucessfully completed the timerun to the temple. You do not need to kill the crazy man boss (whos name I forgot), you can run right to the big grey ape after the statues.

Then an additional breakable box should spawn at the exit of the grey apes room, right after he is dead.
    Thank you for the info. What is HM?

Aratus is the insane optional boss. I have not seen him yet after two runs through the Isle of Iron Statues. Does he always spawn in the same spot as I have missed him so far?

http://aoc.wikia.com/wiki/Isle_of_Iron_Statues

Quote Originally Posted by Feadara View Post
    2. Do not die, even after you sucessfully completed the timerun to the temple.
    this is not needed. once you have triggered the hard mode, it's not a problem if you die.
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Quote Originally Posted by Radicaltop View Post
    Aratus is the insane optional boss. I have not seen him yet after two runs through the Isle of Iron Statues. Does he always spawn in the same spot as I have missed him so far?
    when you exit the temple, go to the left, there is a narrow path that will lead you to aratus.
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgmoth-VDN View Post
    when you exit the temple, go to the left, there is a narrow path that will lead you to aratus.
    Thank you. I would now guess that HM stands for Hard Mode.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast