Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Funcom do a Kickstarter so we can play this game till we die

Quote Originally Posted by bennyboi87 View Post
    The games still active isn't it !?!? It's not done just because the have no planned content doesn't mean it's over I mean Christ Conan exiles is just a survival game when it's launched officially they won't need all the staff they have that are designing and developing the game. All there focus is on that till its up and running on its own and there still generating a lot of money from aoc. So Odontoceti see it being done for a long while yet. Even if it was a number of small add ons I would be happy adding small new factions or new quest lines etc. Nothing on the scale off rotgs. It's funny s soon as one tiny piece of information comes out everyone is all (the end is nigh) I will get back in the game wait for the dust from Conan exiles to settle THEN I will make my own mind up wether or not this game is dying

at this point any new faction, quest line, dlc pack, will be counted as "significant work"

The "non significant work" they will give us will be things like: new items for raidfinder, bad sales in their bad item store, tie ins for conan exiles dlcs (which they plan to develop AFTER conan exiles is released), pets that have been repainted badly in gimp, and release of halloween content from 5 years ago.

http://cdn.funcom.com/investor/2017/...Q16_Report.pdf

AoC doesnt even get an actual mention aside from the note that they're NOT doing any more work for the game in their plans going forward. The ONLY mmo that gets mentioned is TSW because TSW is their new red headed step child.

Everyone here, minus you, are being realistic.

As I said before, enjoy the game for the time you have left on it. This is it. This game, as it is, is what you and any new player are getting.
    Last edited by Alethia; 28th February 2017 at 20:02.
    Semi-Retired
    Wiccana RP Forever
    Forum Stalker
    Forum PvPer

The games still active isn't it !?!? It's not done just because the have no planned content doesn't mean it's over I mean Christ Conan exiles is just a survival game when it's launched officially they won't need all the staff they have that are designing and developing the game. All there focus is on that till its up and running on its own and there still generating a lot of money from aoc. So Odontoceti see it being done for a long while yet. Even if it was a number of small add ons I would be happy adding small new factions or new quest lines etc. Nothing on the scale off rotgs. It's funny s soon as one tiny piece of information comes out everyone is all (the end is nigh) I will get back in the game wait for the dust from Conan exiles to settle THEN I will make my own mind up wether or not this game is dying
    What do you consider active? Sure, it seems plenty busy during euro time and wb week.

But do you play during US time?.... Theres only 2 US guilds doing end game content and my guild especially will fold now that there is no longer any progression content on the horizon. Many are sick of raiding the same broken dungeon week after week for the drops to be completely useless ...

Its nearly impossible to fill a pug raid during US time.... one was spamming Sunday night for 2 hrs and only managed 11 people.

Its not getting any better.... more power to you if you haven't experienced all of the game, but this game was mostly veterans keeping it alive and Funcom killed it with their last ditch cash grab back last year.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Iam a vet played the game since launch till 2013/14 I was on test live aswell. Iam being realistic as to asking who was interested in trying to try and re establish the game not just roll over and give up like so many have apparently. Me myself cannot wait to get back in game and see old friends and relive the game I love

Iam a vet played the game since launch till 2013/14 I was on test live aswell. Iam being realistic as to asking who was interested in trying to try and re establish the game not just roll over and give up like so many have apparently. Me myself cannot wait to get back in game and see old friends and relive the game I love
    Have you even read the report & what was stated?
    The players didnt roll over & die, Funcom did.

This forum has some of the most loyal players ive seen in gaming, while repeatedly being strip searched & given the finger by Funcom they constantly gave feedback, suggestions & importantly money. Yet the past couple of years have been nothing but a **** show in terms of this games management & it is thoroughly highlighted by this non announcement of the game going into maintenance mode.

There is nothing to re-establish, the game is finished & all we can do is enjoy whats left until their Pentium 4 server gives up so on that we agree, BUT having any hope of anything for the game at this stage is beyond foolish.

Quote Originally Posted by BaronVonBoom View Post

This forum has some of the most loyal players ive seen in gaming, while repeatedly being strip searched & given the finger by Funcom they constantly gave feedback, suggestions & importantly money. Yet the past couple of years have been nothing but a **** show in terms of this games management & it is thoroughly highlighted by this non announcement of the game going into maintenance mode.

There is nothing to re-establish, the game is finished & all we can do is enjoy whats left until their Pentium 4 server gives up so on that we agree, BUT having any hope of anything for the game at this stage is beyond foolish.
    Amen, brother!

Quote Originally Posted by BaronVonBoom View Post

2nd'ed.

Game has been mismanaged from the start.
    Retired / 2010-2016

Quote Originally Posted by krippa View Post
    2nd'ed.

Game has been mismanaged from the start.
    Funcom basically started to kill Age of Conan with inept decisions since 2010 (offline levels), which peaked in 2014 (WB on PVE servers) and 2016 (RF on both servers). Yet, I love the game, and I cannot find another beloved who would replace it in my heart.
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 1st March 2017 at 06:12.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

By the way, it's quite funny (or sad, depends how much you are cynical) to read the last game director letter in current situation.

kickstarters are for undeveloped projects. Besides. nobody would donate with the exception of a very small portion of people who even still play this game. I have been playing since launch too OP and I wouldn't donate a dime to any such kickstarter because it would be a pointless waste of money. If you enjoy aoc as it is then continue to do so. Funcom wont shut down the servers anytime soon. Afaik they never shut down games even if they completely dry up and bring in near 0 revenue. Anarchy online stayed up for many years after it died off. I think it might still be there.

Age of conan is nothing more than a back burner game that has run its course . It had a good run in its heyday but they could not stick to the model that worked initially. They tried to copy successes of games like wow without really doing homework and implementing good ideas over bad ones.

admittedly my lurking in these forums is the full extent of my involvement in aoc these days. I have simply grown bored of it and its lack of innovation, but I have played so long that some part of me still hopes to see change even though I know it will never come. I think once I delete these forums from my bookmarks it will finally be over for me.

Just enjoy the relationship while you still can. Moaning about the state of affairs here is beating the dead horse.
    Live Twitch Stream - Fury PvP - US East Coast Prime Time - Rated MA

All valid points. I just can't help it after so long of a break then to come back to the game I lived in a state of disrepair, as a gamer nothing has come close to the times I had and we probably have for awhile with aoc! Here's to hoping there next Conan instalment is aoc 2.0 hey I meant seriously why would a developer make 3 separate Conan games? Just putting that thought out there

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast