Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey Andrew, Dev Letter? Sub price update?

Default Hey Andrew, Dev Letter? Sub price update?

Anything mate? Anything at all? 3 months into the new year and nothing has been announced, not even a new horse racing track.

Taken from: http://cdn.funcom.com/investor/2017/...Q16_Report.pdf

From the Game activities in the period section on page 3.

"For Age of Conan, a Thanksgiving and a Christmas sale events were launched, new
    rewards were added to the Raid finder and the tie-in items with Conan Exiles were
    added.

No further significant work is expected to be done on this project going forward"

For all intents and purposes, that reads to me like it is finished. I think the next big announcement to look forward to is game closure. I imagine that is why no new subscription plans have been announced.

The shame of it is it would require zero effort to implement and they would make more money.

They can't even be bothered to do that. Yikes.
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

Unhappy

There will be one more server merge before game is completely shutdown.
    Nojoda pvp 10 Barb
    Pooba pvp 10 Pom
    Elosso pvp 10 BS
    Kotech pvp 10 DT
    Deeky pvp 8 Necro
    Beefstikk pvp 10 Guard
    Beefchief pvp 10 Conq
    Denoid pvp 8 Ranger
    Mousecop pvp 9 Hox

Quote Originally Posted by Selona View Post
    "No further significant work is expected to be done on this project going forward"
    Meh, that made me sad. Oh well at least now it's clear.
    Kaleeh PoM - Resolved Guard - Reducia Sin

Quote Originally Posted by redpooo View Post
    Meh, that made me sad. Oh well at least now it's clear.
    It has been pretty clear for quite a while now that AoC is in maintenance mode. Only difference is that now it is official.
    Too bad that the last significant change they did was f**king up the store and subcriptions. Apart from letting people enter Khitai without a subscription I wish they had left those alone.

No surprises there, but still sad to see. On the plus side, many MMOs folded while AoC held on. But this game could have been so much more.

On another note, I like how they make it sound like Exiles will be profitable going forward, and then note that they will invest another 100%-200% of cost to date in the course of 2017. Good luck, I guess.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post
    On another note, I like how they make it sound like Exiles will be profitable going forward, and then note that they will invest another 100%-200% of cost to date in the course of 2017. Good luck, I guess.
    Yea what makes me sadder is that FC's strategy has switched from "Let's make a great mmorpg so people enjoy it and subscribe" to "Let's make a small game and see if people buy it". In the mmorpg genre, the only games I really enjoyed are FC's AO and AoC. But now I'm pretty sure I won't enjoy any of their upcoming games.
    Kaleeh PoM - Resolved Guard - Reducia Sin

Thumbs up

NEW PROJECTS
    Two new projects are in early concept stages and will enter pre-production at the earliest during the second half of 2017:
     In Funcom Oslo, a new game concept using the “Conan the Barbarian” IP, whose pre-
    production has been delayed due to success of Conan Exiles

Age Of Conan 2.0?
    Nojoda pvp 10 Barb
    Pooba pvp 10 Pom
    Elosso pvp 10 BS
    Kotech pvp 10 DT
    Deeky pvp 8 Necro
    Beefstikk pvp 10 Guard
    Beefchief pvp 10 Conq
    Denoid pvp 8 Ranger
    Mousecop pvp 9 Hox

Default The End?

Many of you have probably seen the Q4 2016 Funcom report by now. Funcom states regarding AOC, "No further significant work is expected to be done on this project going forward."

http://cdn.funcom.com/investor/2017/...Q16_Report.pdf

My hope is that the game will keep running for several more years or longer, if only due to Funcom's relationship with the Conan the Barbarian IP. Conan Exiles was a huge hit and will be Funcom's main game for the near future. Funcom is also developing another Conan-related game that should be released in 2018, based on what is mentioned in the quarterly report.

AOC is still a fun game and there is plenty I haven't seen yet. Let's hope AOC stays around awhile longer.
    Guild 'House Jade Asp' - PvE server

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast