Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thinking about returning

Default Thinking about returning

Hey bros and hoes want to return to this game as nothing has really come close to the time I had with aoc. I want to know the state of crom population etc, and has the build for hox (best class ever) changed much. I've seen that we've had the much awaited dev love since I left in 2012. Iam pretty much all t4 apart from chest and back and have trial of flame. I was a valued member of fat goats and the fail bunch but they both disbanded hence my departure. What guilds are super active that love minis,doing siges and raiding end game ? (it will be awhile till I get used to it again so think I'll wait awhile till I jump into t5,t6. Thanks again my bruddaz of xotli

Were you a valued member of the Death Bringers too by any chance? Was your name BenTheHammer? I think there were some changes in the possession tree, especially cloak-related (speed penalty changes). Maybe Word of Command became instant during these years too.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Hey Allan, no I was not in death bringers but I remember you what's the population like in crom ? I've seen its hard to get 6 mans together ? I hope not I love K6 and I want my SC hox consumed souls vanity armor again 😟 Oh and I see Intel affects BTD now nice. Can't wait to be back in the community again.

Funcom needs to readvertise age of Conan with Conan exiles coming out.
    I hope this game gets a second wind as its honestly one of the best I've played

I have not logged in for 7 months (but I can log in anytime when I do not work: the game is on my HDD)! It was really hard to get a T1 raid last time, and filling spaces at evening time during the weekend was a horrendous experience. Funcom needs to do something about the RF and WB abuse, it seems.

It is the best MMORPG game, indeed!
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;

Most of the time you wont find a lot of groups, for the most part it's the same bunch of people that is looking for players for their 6 man group, random raids are almost (no clue about regular raids in guilds) non existant because of the "newly" added raidfinder, which is pretty much T3 - T6 in easy mode but with same / better rewards and without a week lockout, you can easily gear up a character in T4 gear in a low amount of time.
    The only 6 man groups that are run commonly are Flame / Vortex / Yun (basic braindead Mona run) and Slithering Chaos, the newest 6 man group. If you don't know what to do in Slithering Chaos, don't even bother asking the groups from global chat, they wont let you join. Same goes for basically every other group or raid, no EXP - no join, they wont explain it to you, most of them can't even explain it because their english is so rudimentary that even the LFM message in the chat is hard to understand.
    Find a big (english speaking) guild, not one of these small medicore guilds - they are not worth it - if you really want to enjoy every part of the game.

Oh yeah and I forgot about caches from the item shop: If you have a lot of money and some luck you can buy T5 gear. Don't surprised if you see players in blue crafted gear with 3 or 4 T5 items, they got money and luck.
    Last edited by xCodename; 20th February 2017 at 15:15.

Wow really think I migh buy some caches to up my gold first. I think I still have 2 dragon tears left from t4 last time I played. This raid finder sounds mad ...so it's basically randoms in a raid together doing t4,5,6 !?!?! You'll see me spamming for KK runs on global in the next month or so haha. I'll probably try and join either aichmophobia or destiny that's where my ex guild mates ended up due to merges.

Iam crossing all my fingers and toes this game has an influx of interest from exiles when I left crom was teeming with life

Look out for me when I make my return
    Chutel {80} hox pretty much the only toon I play love the class

Raidfinder is nothing like the real raids. Raidfinder is a completely destroyed version of the real raids, some encounters have no mechanic at all anymore and are easier to beat than T1 bosses. Half of the raid is afk or clueless and they still beat the encounter with ease.
    And just to be sure you really kill the boss: After every wipe you get a buff that makes it even more easy, increased health, healing, damage, it stacks up to a point where you can solo tank everything with an assassin that is using daggamalt as a healer.

AoC became a complete grind game over the years, there is no real point in doing dungeons other than Slithering Chaos or the unchained version of "old world" low level dungeons for the quest (and that only if you got premium since you get 6 caches when completing the quest instead of 3).
    Rest of it looks something like that:
    - Farm Worldboss for a year to get legendary op cloak
    - Farm Raidfinder to get legendary op ring(s) and gem(s) and your T4 gear
    - Farm Pet Arena to get a epic op necklace
    - repeat that over and over again - done.
    optional:
    - buy a lot of caches from item shop and get T5 gear - done.
    - buy level 80 character with T3 gear from item shop - done.
    PvP?:
    - buy PvP T2 gear from item shop, don't bother farming that takes ages and PvP is dead.
    Funcom eliminated everything in the game by introducing these ways to get overpowered gear.
    Last edited by xCodename; 20th February 2017 at 17:37.

Hahaha so it's basically pay to win and the raid finder is raiding for dummies. Got to give funcom there dues there hearts in the right place hahahaha ....there wallet 😁

Yes AoC became Pay to Win and Grind mindlessly to Win. Buy lootboxes, grind easy mode raids, get gear, be happy. Everyone is a winner!
    And the best part of it: The profit does not even go to AoC since years, you are financing daily updates for Conan Exiles - and surprise! Buy Conan Exiles for 60€ and you get some special overpowered items for AoC! A rune that procs every time you land a crit and buffs your critical damage up for another 30%! Perfectly fitting for these overpowered items from raidfinder that already buff your crit damage and chance up to like 50%! Awesome! One hits for everyone! Make the easy content even more easy!

Quote Originally Posted by bennyboi87 View Post
    Hahaha so it's basically pay to win and the raid finder is raiding for dummies. Got to give funcom there dues there hearts in the right place hahahaha ....there wallet 😁
    I see it differently. Basically, what Funcom's Joel Bylos and others did is they stabbed Conan in the back and left him bleeding, gathering a crowd of merry onlookers that pay $5 to take a picture of dying Conan meanwhile ("minor boosts and donating for removal of challenges"). For extra $10, they can get their own knife and pose with Conan ("powerful gear"). For extra $15, they can cut Conan's arms and legs a bit and take a picture with the fresh wounds ("sponsor another game").

Funcom, that was a nice deceitful job with your "casual quality of life improvements" to "decrease disparity between new and old players [semiquoting Tarib, the former moderator]" for Age of Conan with gameplay from the harsh land of Hyboria where there is no place for the weak, thank you!

Now, they are making The Sims 5: Conan Exiles where you can build your cute family house, decorate it with chests and thralls, and challenge your inner infant with chaotical left-clicking when you see the enemy.
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 21st February 2017 at 05:01.
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast