Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Conan Exiles

If FC can hold focus, Exiles will be taking the spot from AoC as my favorite game.
    But then, I am an RPer and private servers away from trolls and griefers suit me perfectly.
    Khemi. Picture Hell on the cheap then add more whores

Exiles isn't bad actually. My only real gripe with it right now is the abysmal combat system, I really really hope they put some ressources into improving that. They can even reuse some AoC animations - they did it for the NPC dances, after all .
    It is a smoother launch than ARK and stuff at least, with Funcom behind it it's very possible that it will vastly outclass those other similar games. But right now it's probably a bit too light on content.

And I can see this game being great for RPers.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

I kind of like it. I wish the combat wasn't so simple though, hopefully over time they make combat a bit deeper. Anyone starting any guilds in exiles? I'd be really interested in joining, solo is kind of boring.

Conan Exiles feels like a minigame in any resource area in Age of Conan. Dig, kill mobs with one button, and build your "guild city". There is no challenge either.

Basically, unbind all combos, save your money and play in resource areas, including Bori, if you want to get the feeling of Conan Exiles...
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Conan Exiles feels like a minigame in any resource area in Age of Conan. Dig, kill mobs with one button, and build your "guild city". There is no challenge either.

Basically, unbind all combos, save your money and play in resource areas, including Bori, if you want to get the feeling of Conan Exiles...
    This sums it up, the game is garbage. Resource gathering and crafting useless crap all the live long day. I don't get how people enjoy it. And the character generator? Total crap. Exiles is a lazy copy paste job with ripped off content from Age of Conan. I give it 3 thumbs down, I award no points and may god have mercy on all your dev group souls.
    Live Twitch Stream - Fury PvP - US East Coast Prime Time - Rated MA

The game is simply not for you. I don't get it either, it doesn't appeal to me but some people enjoy it.

I would say the people who play Funcom's MMOs are pretty niche though ; they're not mainstream. On the other hand, Conan Exiles is very much mainstream, borrowing most gameplay elements from the popular games in the survival genre. So I'm not surprised the MMO players do not enjoy Exiles, and the people who enjoy Exiles do not play Funcom's MMOs. My opinion is that these 2 groups of people are 2 different target audiences.
    Kaleeh PoM - Resolved Guard - Reducia Sin

I said I was going to get it just to support Funcom... but after seeing some streams I may just spend money in AoC or TSW instead. The running around picking up sticks and rocks and banging/chopping/harvesting whatever is just a huge nope. I don't do that in mmos either. Plus I've avoided Steam up until now and with Steam being required... that's just a little extra push away from it.

That said, end game stuff may be ok. Raiding/sieging cities and going after raid type mobs. Just not sure I could get through the drudgery of having to build the city first and then repair/rebuild it each time. Though the server setting options may allow reducing said drudgery to a bearable level.

Guess we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Raeil View Post
    I said I was going to get it just to support Funcom... but after seeing some streams I may just spend money in AoC or TSW instead. The running around picking up sticks and rocks and banging/chopping/harvesting whatever is just a huge nope. I don't do that in mmos either. Plus I've avoided Steam up until now and with Steam being required... that's just a little extra push away from it.

That said, end game stuff may be ok. Raiding/sieging cities and going after raid type mobs. Just not sure I could get through the drudgery of having to build the city first and then repair/rebuild it each time. Though the server setting options may allow reducing said drudgery to a bearable level.

Guess we'll see.
    As with ARK, I recommend playing on a non official server with higher gathering rates (and possibly XP) or to make your own and set it up how you like. With vanilla rates I think it is stupidly slow. Simply making your own clothes and basic tools takes time (and they break easily and often), let's not talk about high tier stuff or buildings. Of course if you have a large group of players it's very different (but still very tedious as each player should basically dedicate himself to a very specific task, say player X gathers wood for hours, play Z gathers stone etc.). But the default settings are completely retarded for solo or even duo play.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

No doubt, definitely adjust gathering, xp, and durability rates or you will grind yourself to boredom. You can go up to 10x default rate, but just going to 1.5-2x is enough to get out of the grind feeling.

Another setting I'd definitely adjust if you play this game is stamina drain, on admin panel you can set where sprint does not drain stamina. Normally I'd say this would be a bad thing to do, but trust me, you will get very tired fighting a hyena every 10 feet and the snare they do to you. Sometimes you just want to run through them and get where you want to go, not spend eternity fighting every damn one of them every few feet. Obviously on a PVP server, you wouldn't want to adjust stamina as I stated.
    Last edited by Texan615; 6th February 2017 at 17:43.

Standalone crafting revamp.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast