Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Conan Exiles

Red face Conan Exiles

I feel it at Steam, I feel it at Twitch, I feel it at YouTube. What is it? It`s an EPIC FAIL)

p.s. hope this will not hit hard on age of conan

Moved to Off-topic, since it's not really about Age of Conan.
    Short cuts make long delays.

Quote Originally Posted by BaronVonBoom View Post
    Must have got the Vanaheim coders in....

http://cloud-3.steamusercontent.com/...1C23B26BF15C5/
    yes)))) and they don`t know nothing about UE

For being an early access game the launch has been an success compared to the like of Rust, ARK etc and people are very happy that FunCom already has come with two patches this soon shows that they listen to the community. Already talking about this potentially can be the top dog in the genre. It was the most streamed game on twitch for a while, and very high on steam sales lists.
    Seriously needs some polishing on the combat mechanics though lol. But it looks good, especially the crafting bit seems very intuitive.
    Best hope there is for any support for AoC or even a possible AoC 2.0, is that Exiles does good, very good..

Quote Originally Posted by sageman72 View Post
    For being an early access game the launch has been an success compared to the like of Rust, ARK etc and people are very happy that FunCom already has come with two patches this soon shows that they listen to the community. Already talking about this potentially can be the top dog in the genre. It was the most streamed game on twitch for a while, and very high on steam sales lists.
    Seriously needs some polishing on the combat mechanics though lol. But it looks good, especially the crafting bit seems very intuitive.
    Best hope there is for any support for AoC or even a possible AoC 2.0, is that Exiles does good, very good..
    Haha last time i checked steams metacritic it had like 50ish out of 100. And the game is stuttering, lagging, rubberbanding. I wouldnt exactly call it a success, since lirik and summit is oftenly payed by the companies to play new games, I would think FC pays them to play and stream exiles aswell.

And dude the game is brand new, ofcourse it will be patches, people are still thinking of buying the game, it has nothing to do with their real intentions of listening to the community.

Aoc 2 we got a dreamer!
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

Lot of the reviews are of players who don´t comprehend the concept of early access and couldn't find servers etc, those who got to play it are generally more positive and call the launch a success compared to the like of Rust and Ark, which were hardly playable for several days after launch..

The streamers on twitch are paid by the companys to play their games? Interesting, from where do you have this information, link?

If Exiles turn out a huge success for Funcom, they could very well try to milk that marked again, they do have the rights for conan stuff anyway. And it would be better to try with a new AoC 2 than trying to fix the failed wreckage of AoC.

Quote Originally Posted by sageman72 View Post
    And it would be better to try with a new AoC 2 than trying to fix the failed wreckage of AoC.
    FC have made it very clear it will not happen. They have stated that they now focus on smaller games, and won't be making new MMORPGs in the foreseeable future.

Back on topic, I am glad to see that Conan Exiles seems to be a successful launch for Funcom. Personally the game does not appeal to me but I hope it helps improving FC's financial situation.
    Last edited by redpooo; 1st February 2017 at 10:55.
    Kaleeh PoM - Resolved Guard - Reducia Sin

This will probably never happen, but of course "foreseeable future" = "until we have a lot more money"

Damn, Conan Exiles is at 1.place as the best selling game on steam..!

I picked the normal edition yesterday & played for 2 hours before refunding.

Firstly I would just like to say that imo early access is no more than a "get out of jail free" card for some developers, whereas for smaller indie devs early access may actually be a necessity. Funcom releasing an early access multiplayer game with 70 people per server when they already have 3 MMO's launched which used to be able to handle 1000's at a time AND the game was already pushed back from when they first planned an early access release makes me wonder whats been worked on in that time as it looks no different.

To be fair the character creation was good with a range of different choices (yes dick size as well) & in comparison to other survival games was one of the better ones ive seen. Which then leads into your initial spawn which was really enjoyable & felt more like the opening of a single player game than a multi one, it had pieces of lore, a touch of mystery & made me want to explore.

Sadly thats when it all just falls short.

There seemed to be some form of invisible line where they went from developing Conan Exiles into just copy/pasting any generic survival game & mechanics into it. Sure it could be Conan but it could also have been any other survival game it really was that generic, push E to pick stuff up & not even beginning to mention the awful awful combat which truly is an insult to the Conan IP as it consists of just spamming LMB.
    Also the avatars that weve seen are nothing more than built in mechanics to help wipe servers & keep gameplay fresh an so are nothing special.

Overall after a while playing it is just the same old boring junk that all survival games currently are with zero fresh ideas, im not going to mention all the bugs ive found but seeing the skating animation locked mobs made me laugh & instantly reminded me of Vanaheim with those mobs that slide around on the floor while sitting & hitting you My hope for those kind of bug fixes are minimal as theyve never bothered to fix them in AoC but let all the kids on steam who have never played or experienced a Funcom game tell you that, all you can see is page after page of "Early Access Noob" maybe I should post a pic of invisible mounts or swimming on land from a fully released title to reassure them.

All that said Ive been saying to friends for a long time that this game would do well with twitch streamers & the locust gamers who continually move on to each & every new survival game and it appears I was right. The game will sell by the dozen, will do really well for a few months before it just slots into the same category as all the existing survival games as a "nearly but not quite" game.

I have no problem with Funcom wanting to actually make a decent game & some money to go with it as after all we could all benefit but the way in which they have completely neglected the communities of their MMO's over the past 6 months is frankly disgusting. Lets not forget that while they were leaking money the only thing carrying them along were those communities yet now weve been ditched for a quick buck which will have zero player retention & wont generate any monthly income past the initial purchase.

When those foaming children are bored of Conan Exiles & move on Funcom may have a healthier bank balance but at what cost to their loyal customers & regular income.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast